Wii Discussion - Moved from Referrals Forum

I am happy to announce, I am the proud owner a Nintendo Wii ! It's not as bad as some people (who??) make it out, and after setting it up, it's much smaller than any of my other systems.

The controllers were my biggest issue, but oddly enough, they don't fit your hand like a remote control... they're very comfortable... and how the heck is that people lose their grip on these things only to thrown them into their TV ? I don't get it, they've got a nice grip, and I for one, don't plan on flinging my controller around without a nice firm grip ;)

I should take a picture of my small living room console setup... how do I fit 'em all ... <ponder>

~ Jar

Well folks do get biased but I can say one thing, between the 360 and the PS3 there's really nothing fancy about either of them other than topping out some hardware that 90% of the developers for the systems will never use. I mark out for the Wii cuz, finally there's something different.

After playing the Wii, and kicking my roommates, and many friends buttz in the Wii Sports Bowling game, I can honestly say this is an awesome console. It doesn't need the hyper graphics few games will use or whatnot... the controllers... the community building with your personal little Mii's (you have avatars for your "self") which can go online and visit your friends on their Wii's if you have a 'net connection, and photo sharing, the fact that it uses SD memory cards, you can use your Gamecube controllers and memory cards w/ it...

... and the controllers. The fact that merely twisting/twirling the controller around, it knows... the controllers are very awesome, and that is THE biggest and most drastic change in any console to have come along in ages. It's a very welcome and refreshing change. I was skeptical at first, but upon owning one, I love the thing... oh yeah, it's much much smaller than any of the other console I have ;) At least the original XBox still puts them all to shame with its size, even outdoes my 3DO.

There is alot about the Wii that makes it stand out, and honestly, I can only truly know how drastic and different it is now that I own one. What are you waiting for? Go get one for yourself!

WatchMaker said:
People become much to biased when discussing consoles. All three are top notch in what they do.

true!

Xbox360 is top notch at sounding like a big truck, really top notch!
PS3 is top notch in copying others
Wii is top notch in fluffiness (and making people fly around in their living room like a ninja on speed)

I don't really like the Wii. all it has to offer is the new controller which I don't think as really impressive. I prefer my GC anyways. *snuggles wit his GC*

But Daax, have *you* played the Wii with its new controllers? It's quite fun... I wasn't sold on it until I spent a lot of time playing. Of course, after 10 minutes of playing Wii Bowling had me sold on the controllers & the system. The neat avatars, known as "Mii" are quite interesting too... we actually have Mii's that are very close in resembling what we actually look like, as well as having Mii's for all of our friends for when they come over to play :smiley:

Daax said:
I don't really like the Wii. all it has to offer is the new controller which I don't think as really impressive. I prefer my GC anyways. *snuggles wit his GC*
QFT(add PS2 in with GC)

Jaraeth said:
But Daax, have *you* played the Wii with its new controllers? It's quite fun... I wasn't sold on it until I spent a lot of time playing. Of course, after 10 minutes of playing Wii Bowling had me sold on the controllers & the system. The neat avatars, known as "Mii" are quite interesting too... we actually have Mii's that are very close in resembling what we actually look like, as well as having Mii's for all of our friends for when they come over to play :smiley:

Yes, I have played it. Didn't like it. Mostly because the thought of having to play that new SS Bros with that controller seemed really annoying. But if the new one isn't gonna come out for the GC, then I'll buy the Wii, but only if I can plug up my GC controller to it.

Daax said:
Yes, I have played it. Didn't like it. Mostly because the thought of having to play that new SS Bros with that controller seemed really annoying. But if the new one isn't gonna come out for the GC, then I'll buy the Wii, but only if I can plug up my GC controller to it.

You can use your GC memory cards and controllers with the Wii. There are also many different controllers for the Wii, including the "Classic Controller".

Back