Wikileaks: Exposes Evil U.S.A.

Wait, we're the evil ones now? Oh, dang it! Nobody told me. Could somebody please tell me these things so I can break out my all black evil wardrobe instead of my jeans & t-shirt.

People gossiping is all it is. Human behaviour. It's just becoming a huge embarrassment for all involved. I'm sure we've all said things as bad about friends and family in the past. They just got caught with their pants down.

I'm an American whose served in the armed forces, I can't joke about this, I'm ashamed of the U.S.A. government........

These war crimes have been going for decades, it is only now we see what is really going on, the big-shots in the government will say anything to save themselves.

Thank GOD, the truth is beginning to come out!

People gossiping is all it is. Human behaviour. It's just becoming a huge embarrassment for all involved. I'm sure we've all said things as bad about friends and family in the past. They just got caught with their pants down.
Essentially this sums up. There is nothing really being exposed that other nations aren't guilty of themselves. The only difference here is that when it comes to the US some like to portray it as always being the big mean bully of the world so after it a while it is an easy target.

I don't want to side track this, but we have media here talking about UFO sighting material to be leaked. Wikileaks boss says he is not going to release self reported stuff, just what is in the as of yet unreleased cables. So, amongst all the political swiping and bad mouthing, WE might actually have some interesting reading to be done shortly :smiley:

WikiLeaks: new diplomatic cables contain UFO details, Julian Assange says

“However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules. 1) that the documents not be self-authored; 2) that they be original."
“It is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.”

Wikileaks: Over 400,000 bits of info released

Essentially this sums up. There is nothing really being exposed that other nations aren't guilty of themselves. The only difference here is that when it comes to the US some like to portray it as always being the big mean bully of the world so after it a while it is an easy target.

I was hoping for more feedback from others, I only wanted to know how people felt and what they think of what has been released so far from Wikileaks. I feel the same as you Kevin, nothing new about what's going on, other countries have their own agendas and "dirt they sweep under carpets".

For a while I kept running into young and old people who blindly believe everything they hear from radio, newspapers and tv, because a lot of it was only one-sided opinions.

Thanks for the input.

I forget where I came across it (not sure if it was an actual news bureau site or a tin-foil hat site) but supposedly Russia is extremely interested in WikiLeaks now but not for the obvious reasons. The first thought would be that Russia would be interested in learning what is in the otherwise classified documents but the theory put forth is that Russia is more concerned about what might be publicly posted about Russia companies & their relationship to the Russian government. The extent of concern of which extends to possibly taking pre-emptive action against the site & Assange. :tinfoilhat:

If/when WikiLeaks switches from an apparent anti-US stance to being more about transparency on an international level, then I'd likely be more interested. As it is now Assange is not much different from any other anti-US nut job.

What can I say about what Wikileaks has published? I'm not surprised, in war everything is possible, I don't think that the US should be the only ones to blame because no country is innocent of war crimes.

The only problem with the US having their war crimes exposed is that they were considered in the past as the policemen of the world, bringing down dictatorships and defending the innocent. That no longer seems the case.

What people forget is that when you send men and women to war they tend to become more aggressive (which is the only way they have to survive what they are going through) and will probably shoot anything they consider a threat (even when they are not a threat).

The soldiers who commit these crimes should not be condemned, the situation they are in causes them to commit these crimes however when their military leaders and their political leaders give the order to commit the crimes then it should be these leaders that are condemned because they do it not have the excuse that it was in the heat of a battle or in the middle of a war but from behind a desk with some thought behind it.

"When war is declared, Truth is the first casualty."
Arthur Ponsonby

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. Ask the infantry and ask the dead."
Ernest Hemingway

Back