Wild Horses

awww already theyre so cute but what will happen to syd wil her family let vaughn in
btw that did explain a lot!!

this is great...I'm excited to learn more about both Sydney and Michael. and I still maintain that forbidden love is hot.

p.s. Random comment: i think it's so funny that everyone thinks that 6 kids is a lot. I live in Utah and most people have about three to seven kids. I have a friend who has 11 brothers and sisters all from the same mom. And I can definitely relate to the large extended family thing because my mom is one of ten brothers and sisters so I have 63 cousins all on one side.

I don't think it's just Jack wanting the womenfolk to stay old order, I think it's the religion.
I wondered, too, about her being 23 and not married, yet. Are they allowed to marry
outside their religion?

Not if they want to stay members.

As I mentioned before, my father use to be a member of the Brethren. It was unusual circumstances that he left. That was due to my grandfather's death (hit by a train) when my dad was 15, making him the head of the household and sole supporter of his mother, two younger sisters and little brother. My dad worked, went to high school and on to college. For him, he no longer fit into the society. His siblings also left. My uncle (Dad's little brother) dropped out of high school but later on took night classes to finish, then worked his way through Stanford and got both his undergraduate and graduate degree.

They were raised on a farm with nothing more than plows and horses but because of fate, they turned their backs on that way of living.

I don't think it's just Jack wanting the womenfolk to stay old order, I think it's the religion.
I wondered, too, about her being 23 and not married, yet. Are they allowed to marry
outside their religion?
you're correct - the religion prohibits the women from driving
and they are definitely NOT allowed to marry outside
marrying outside results in shunning - which means they can never talk to their family again

Chapter 3
“Hey buddy, how was your run?” Eric Weiss, Michael’s law partner, asked when Michael retuned that day.

“I didn’t run because of my leg, I just walked,” Michael told him.

“Ohh yeah, what happened to your leg again?” Eric asked.

“I fell onto the gravel because some dumb ass in their pickup truck was going like 85 down a country road and nearly plowed me over,” Michael said bitterly.

“That’s why you need to go to a gym and run on a treadmill or better yet, don’t run at all,” Eric told him.

“But then I’d look like you,” Michael smirked with a playful pat on Eric’s belly.

“Excuse me, I’m pleasantly plump,” Eric defended. “Besides, what’s with the face.”

“The face?” Michael asked in confusion.

“Uh yeah, the face. You’ve had this look since yesterday... wait, did you meet a girl?” Eric asked. Michael looked rather sheepish. “You did! You dog!”

“Don’t get excited, Eric. She’s totally and completely, one hundred percent unavailable.” Michael sighed.

“Married?” Eric asked. “Engaged?”

“Not that I know of,” Michael told him.

“So then why is she unavailable?”

“She’s Amish,” Michael told him blankly.

Eric burst out laughing so hard he almost fell over. “Amish... that’s a good one.”

“I’m serious,” Michael told him, but Eric just laughed. “Why do I even bother,” Michael sighed as he went back to his office. He collapsed down in his desk chair and stared at the screen saver on his computer screen. He wasn’t exactly thrilled about getting back to work. His work became rather boring and monotonous and considering he was barely a year out of law school, that didn’t exactly bode well for him. It had been his father, who was also a lawyer, who had encouraged him down that life path. It wasn’t that he hated being a lawyer. Amazingly enough, it could actually be interesting on occasion, it was his life in general he was depressed about.

It seemed that every female he came across wasn’t right for him. They were either already with someone, or completely incompatible and sadly it seemed his pattern was continuing with Sydney. What did he really know about her? After only two days, very little. Still, he had looked forward to their meeting the moment he left her and he knew he’d be counting down the minutes until he saw her again. Logically, he knew it was insane, but still... something about her smile captivated him. She had an intriguing mystery about her, mostly because the world she lived in was light years different than his own even if they breathed the same oxygen. He just couldn’t get her out of his head and part of him hated that because he knew, in the end, he’d be the one getting hurt and he’d only have himself to blame.

~*~

Sydney had to admit that the following day her walk without speaking to Michael wasn’t the same. While she walked though, she came up with questions for him. Questions that were about his world and himself.

The following day she was slightly late arriving at the bend in the road and found him already there waiting. “Hey, I was afraid you weren’t coming.”

“Sorry, I got caught up putting dinner in the oven.” She sighed. “Oh I forgot to ask, how’s your leg?”

“Fine, thanks,” he smiled.

“So... I’ve got some questions for you, is that ok?” she asked.

“Sure,” he smiled.

“How old are you?”

“Twenty-eight, I’ll be twenty-nine later this year,” he told her.

“Ah, and you said you don’t have any siblings, right?”

“Right, just me and my parents,” he told her.

“Cousins?”

“Nope, my parents were both only children.”

“Wow... I can’t imagine that.”

“Well I can’t imagine having twenty-five cousins.” He laughed.

She laughed softly. “Do you have a car?”

“Of course. I have a BMW,” he said. Seeing it meant nothing to her, he shook his head. “Never mind.”

“Okay,” she laughed. “What’s your favorite food?”

“Chili fries, even if I do get a stomachache afterwards,” he laughed.

“Chili fries...?” she asked in confusion.

“Aw man, you don’t know? Well they’re fries, right? You know, potatoes fried? Anyway, then they have chili and cheese and all this good stuff on top,” he explained while practically salivating at the thought.

“What’s chili?” she asked.

“Um, it’s spicy with tomato sauce and beef,” he explained.

She nodded. “I see.”

“What’s your favorite food?”

“Cookies.” She laughed.

“That’s not a food.”

“Of course it is, you eat them don’t you?” she smiled.

“Alright, silly girl, what’s your favorite kind of cookie?” he asked.

She shrugged. “Whatever my mom makes or whatever I make.”

“Alright then.” He laughed. “Okay, I’ve got a question for you, well I think I know but... are you married?”

“No, but I should be.” She sighed. “My father wants me to marry Jacob, my cousin.”

“Whoa, back up. Your cousin?! You cannot marry your cousin!” he exclaimed.

She shrugged. “It happens.”

“Please, don’t marry your cousin,” he said very seriously.

“Ohh, I don’t want to marry Jacob, he’s...,” but she let her voice drift off as she visibly shivered.

“Okay?” Michael asked.

“Hairy,” she said in a quiet voice. Michael, not expecting this, laughed so hard he almost fell over. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because that’s hysterical!” Michael laughed.

“He is hairy! Last year when he was helping my father, his shirt ripped and he asked me to mend it for him. So when he took it off, ew,” she shuddered again.

“That’s disgusting,” Michael said while still laughing.

“I KNOW! There is no way I could have eight children with somebody that hairy.”

“EIGHT CHILDREN!” Michael gasped.

“That’s how many Jacob wants,” Sydney told him seriously.

“Good god, you’re not a baby factory.”

“Oh you’d be surprised,” Sydney sighed.

“What do you want?” he asked.

She looked up at him. “What?”

“What do you want? Out of life? How many kids?” he asked her.

She was silent for a moment. “You know, no one has ever asked me that.”

“Well I’m asking now,” he said.

“I want...,” she paused, truly thinking about it for a moment. “To be an animal doctor.”

“You mean a veterinarian?” he asked.

She nodded. “I want to help sick horses and I don’t want eight kids... I just want one. I don’t want to cook and clean every hour of every day for the rest of my life. I want ... something... I... shouldn’t say that.” She shook her head.

“Why? If you want it then what’s the big deal?” he asked.

“Wanting it and being able to have it are two very different things....” She sighed as she turned away. “I’m sorry... this is.... I shouldn’t.”

“Wait,” he said grabbing onto her hand and holding her back. She gasped slightly at his touch but refused to face him. “Do you want to keep talking to me?”

“Yes,” she said quietly.

“So what’s stopping you?” he asked.

“Everything I’ve ever known,” she told him honestly before slowly slipping her hand out of his and running back towards the farm.

PMLIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasfreak8903
AliasSydney502
alizas
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
Bamse
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
Catpin
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
dialectical
EJ11
ekm324
emotionalrescue
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i'm an aliasaholic
jadeygirl
jb288
Jen-Jen
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
meghanlyn85
mightylittleone
Minttu
MontrealRocks
mountaineer_girl
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow

PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Remys24
shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
SpygirlAmy
stella1
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
texy
Thayna
tubby
ubielecki
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
Carol_Br47
sydney//vaughn
wiseman
scullymulder1234
catfishally
xxaliasluverxx

AHH! NO! The beginning was perfect, with the wonderful fluff and all...but the end...I really hope she goes and sees him again. Thanks for the PM! I loved the chapter! (And I can't wait for the next one.)

She can't run from Vaughn. It's tooo late for that :P
And her another option is haity Jackob and 8 childrens...
Thanks for PM

Great update!
I feel so sorry for Syd that she's not able to do what she wants to do with her life. And if she and Vaughn would start something that would not go very well with her family. Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for more.

Back