Wild Horses

I cannot believe he killed her, poor Sydney she must feel awful so glad she has Michael to help her through it.

Great Update.

I wonder if he killed carrot cause he kicked Syd?
Anyway great chapter...
What is wrong with Joseph...shunned or not she is still his sister and she was bleeding.
Thanks for the pm...

why did Jack kill the horse, that is soo cruel of him, poor Syd getting kicked in the head by her own horse, grrr

I like how Eris answered his phone 'yello' LoL that 1 word made me laugh soo hard

thanx for the PM

-luv Em 💘

Chapter 25
Because of what happened to Carrot, Sydney was depressed for the next week. Michael tried his best to cheer her up but she was deeply saddened and furious with her father for what he had done. She kept saying that she wished he would have just given Carrot to her because she would have taken care of her and made her better instead of just killing her. Her adamancy on that topic, led Michael to his next decision: he was going to buy her a horse. This was his brilliant idea, of course; unfortunately, he knew absolutely nothing about horses. He could have used Sydney’s help, but he really wanted it to be a surprise. So, he started looking in the classified ads, figuring there was no harm in simply looking at a horse or two.

He was able to find a few horses that fit the description he wanted which was very minimal at that: brown and young. He called the first number and nearly hung up when the phone was answered. As it turned out, he had called Sydney’s father’s workshop. His heart racing and his palms sweating he squeaked into the phone. “Um, yes, I saw your ad in the paper about the horse you have for sale. I’d like to come take a look at her if that’s alright.”

“What time?” the man asked gruffly in his thick accent.

“Whatever time is good for you, sir,” Michael said. He made an appointment for two the following afternoon and hoped that Sydney’s father hadn’t received a picture and an order to kill him on site from one of her brothers.

The following day, he made up a pathetic excuse to take Sydney’s car instead of his own in the hopes that he wouldn’t be recognized on sight, for his bright red BMW would surely be noticed again by someone on that farm. He drove her car down the narrow lane and was met by Sydney’s father.

“Thank you for meeting with me, sir,” Michael said politely. Her father eyed him suspiciously but gestured for Michael to follow him to the barn.

“This is her,” he said gruffly as he stopped in front of a stall. The horse poked her head out curiously.

“Hey girl,” Michael smiled as he stroked her nose. She was obviously quite small compared to the other horses in the stables as well as notability young.

“Have you ever owned a horse?” Sydney’s father asked.

Michael shook his head. “No, I haven’t. She would be a gift for my wife, a surprise really. But she grew up around horses and had one for a while, so she knows all about them.”

Just as he was speaking, Sydney’s brother, Joseph, walked past the barn and did a double take when he saw Michael. Michael gulped and tried to shrink out of view, thinking that her brother would come into the barn and hit him or something. Sadly, he did something worse. He called to his father and ushered him away, speaking in their native tongue. Michael contemplated hiding behind the horse, which was now sniffing his clothing, for protection as he saw Sydney’s father and brother eyeing him suspiciously.

“So are you interested or not?” Sydney’s father asked as he walked back over to Michael.

Michael looked between the man standing in front of him and the horse looking at him with her big, dark eyes. “Yeah, I am. I’ll take her.”

“Very well,” he nodded. “You are.... Sydney’s husband?”

Michael gulped. “I am, sir.”

“Well, you may tell your wife that this horse is Carrot’s offspring,” her father said sternly.

Michael looked over at the horse next to him as if trying to see familial resemblance. “Oh... thank you, sir.”

Sydney’s father cleared his throat and continued as if he had never given that piece of information away. “I assume you will not be taking her with you now.”

“Um... no... I found a place to keep her, but I have to rent a carrier to transport her in. Could I pick her up on Friday?” he asked. Sydney’s father nodded.

~*~

“You need me to WHAT?!” Eric asked in utter shock.

“I need you to help me pick up a horse,” Michael repeated.

“Is that some sort of code for something? Did you kill somebody? Is there a body that needs dumped into a river?!” Eric asked.

“No, you idiot! I bought Sydney a horse, but it’s a surprise,” Michael told him.

“Ohhh aww, you bought her a horse? You’re like the best husband ever.” Eric smiled.

“Thanks, so will you help me?” Michael asked.

“Yep.”

“Great, can we use your truck?”

“You can’t put a horse in my truck bed. It will fall out!”

Michael dropped his head to his chest in defeat. “No!!! I need the truck to pull the horse carrier I rented.”

“Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah, ok cool. I’m in.” Eric smiled.

Friday afternoon, Michael and Eric went to pick up the horse Michael had dubbed ‘baby carrot’ until Sydney picked a better name. “So this is really where Syd lived, hmm? Thank god you saved her,” Eric commented when he saw the farm house. Michael ignored him and walked into the barn where Sydney’s sister was waiting with the horse.

“Hey,” Michael smiled to her. She looked away.

“Whoosat?” Eric whispered in Michael’s ear.

“Sydney’s sister,” he mumbled back.

“She’s cute.” Eric smiled. Michael just shook his head, encouraging his friend to quit while he was ahead, as he opened up Baby Carrot’s stall and tried to pull her out. She didn’t move. “Isn’t there an ‘on’ switch or something?”

Michael gave Eric a look as he tugged on Baby Carrot’s bridle once more. She didn’t move and Nadia began to snicker. “Are you going to laugh or help?” he asked in a rather annoyed tone.

Nadia smiled, pulled a carrot from the pocket of her apron and held it up. Baby Carrot walked towards her. “Dang it, I knew I forgot something! The carrots!” Michael groaned to himself.

“You’re weird,” Eric shook his head as they followed the horse and Nadia out of the barn.

Once they got her to the horse carrier, Michael unhooked the bridle that Baby Carrot was wearing, handed it to Nadia and then put on the pink one he had bought. “How the heck did you learn how to do that?” Eric whispered to Michael.

“The guy at the pet store showed me,” Michael told him.

“Ah,” Eric nodded. After Baby Carrot had her new bridle on, Michael and Eric put her into the horse carrier and secured it. “Thanks for all your help.” Eric smiled to Nadia. She giggled and blushed until her older brother shouted at her and she ran away.

“Eric,” Michael hissed.

“What?! She was cute and you got one. Maybe I wanna get my own Amish girl to cook and clean for me.” Eric smiled.

“I’m going to tell Syd to slap you for that next time she sees you,” Michael sighed as he climbed into the truck.

~*~

“Michael, are you really not going to tell me where we’re going?” Sydney groaned as she held her hands over her eyes, per Michael’s instructions.

“No, it’s a surprise and we’re here now, so hang on,” he said as he parked the car and ran around to her side to open the door. He helped her out since she was still closing her eyes.

“We’re at ... a horse barn?” she asked.

“Damn it, how’d you know?” he groaned.

“I can hear the horses and smell it.” She laughed.

“Fine, open your eyes then.” He sighed.

“What are we doing here?” she asked as she looked around.

“Come on,” he smiled as he took her hand and pulled her into the barn. He stopped in front of the fifth stall down on the left side and coaxed the horse inside out with a carrot.

“Who’s this?” Sydney asked as she stroked the light brown horse’s white striped nose.

“She doesn’t have a name yet, not exactly anyway. Name her whatever you want.” He smiled.

“What?” she asked, somewhat confused.

“Syd, one year ago today, well one year ago tomorrow, we started our life together and I haven’t been happier. This has been the best year of my life and I love you so much that I just had to give you something back. So.... I bought you a horse.” He smiled.

“You’re kidding!” she gasped with a giddy look on her face. “YOU BOUGHT ME A HORSE?!”

“Yes,” he laughed. She squealed and jumped into his arms as he hugged her.

“Oh Michael, she’s gorgeous and young too.” Sydney smiled as she stroked her horse’s mane.

“Not quite a year,” Michael told her.

“Where’d you get her?” Sydney asked.

“Well, that’s the thing. This horse is a very special horse. I got her from your father. Her mother was Carrot,” Michael told her with a smile.

Sydney looked at him in disbelieve, tears flooding her eyes immediately. “What?” she asked, her voice barely audible.

Michael nodded softly. “Her mother was Carrot. Your father told me.”

Sydney just looked up at the horse in front of her, tears slowly sliding down her face. She ran her hands all through her mane and down her face and then turned to Michael, kissed him and hugged him tight as she cried softly. “Those are good tears, I hope,” Michael said softly into her ear.

Sydney nodded against his face and then pulled back to look at him. “Thank you, thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome. Now why don’t you pull her out and we’ll take her for a walk.” Michael smiled.

“Okay,” Sydney laughed softly as she wiped away her remaining tears.

“Oh and she shares her mother taste in food,” he grinned as he held up a bag of carrots. Sydney laughed again, took a carrot from the bag and gave it to her new horse.

“Ohh, I love her so much.” Sydney smiled as she pet the horse’s side. “But I have to name her.”

“Yeah, I’ve been calling her Baby Carrot.” Michael laughed.

Sydney laughed softly as she circled the horse. “Umm, how about Caramel?”

“Really like the food names, hmm?” Michael laughed at her. She shrugged. “No, I like it. Her coat is a caramel color. Yep. Caramel.” He smiled.

“And she has a pink bridle.” Sydney laughed softly.

“Yeah, I bought that.” He smiled. “Oh, and they told me she could be saddle trained, if you wanted to.”

“Yeah, that would be nice. We could ride her then.” Sydney smiled.

“Okay... I feel kind of like an idiot walking a horse like a dog...,” Michael laughed at himself.

“Why? She needs exercise too,” Sydney said.

“I know, I just do.” He laughed.

“Wait, wait hold on a second. My father knew who you were?” Sydney asked.

Michael nodded. “Yeah, I was afraid he was going to kill me but... he didn’t, obviously. Then, when I went back to pick her up, I brought Eric and he hit on your sister.”

“He DIDN’T!” Sydney gasped.

“Yeah, then I yelled at him and told him you were going to hit him,” Michael laughed.

“I just might,” she sighed. “Oh, this is so exciting! It’s like we finally have a whole family.”

“Yeah, you me and Caramel, our horse-daughter.” Michael grinned.

Sydney laughed. “Speaking of, when did you want to have kids?” Sydney asked as they walked.

Michael shrugged. “Whenever you’re ready, but preferably in the next five years.”

“Oh definitely! I was thinking maybe right after I graduated. Then I could take a few years off and work part time once he or she goes into school,” she said.

“Sounds like you’ve got it all planned out.” He smiled.

“Yep,” Sydney grinned. “I love you so much, you know that.”

“Right back atcha.” He winked.

Epilogue
“Come ‘ere Rebecca,” Sydney grinned as she knelt down to pick up her two and a half year old daughter.

“Horsey!” Rebecca cheered as her mother lifted her up so that she could stroke Caramel’s mane.

“That’s right. Horsey. What’s the horsey’s name?” Sydney asked her with a smile.

“Car’el!” Rebecca grinned, still unable to pronounce Caramel’s name correctly.

“That’s right, Caramel.” Sydney laughed.

“You wanna ride her, Becca?” Michael asked his daughter.

“YES!” she said excitedly.

“Okay,” Michael smiled as he lifted Becca up and put her on the saddle. He held her around the waist so that she couldn’t topple off as Sydney walked Caramel around the stable.

“YAY! Giddy up horsey!” Rebecca giggled as she tried to bounce up and down in the saddle. Both her parents laughed.

After a ten minute ride, Sydney lifted Rebecca down from Caramel and carried her around to Caramel’s face. “Say bye to Caramel.”

“We gotta go?” Rebecca asked with a sad face.

“Yeah sweetie, remember? We’re going to Uncle Eric’s for a cookout,” Michael told her.

“YAY! Unca Ewic!” Rebecca cheered as she clapped her tiny hands together. Then she leaned forward and kissed Caramel’s nose. “Bye horsey!”

“Good,” Sydney laughed with a smile. Michael came over and put his arms around them while kissing both their heads.

“Let’s go ladies,” he grinned.

“So, did Eric tell you anything about this ‘surprise’ he has for us?” Sydney asked as she buckled their daughter into her car seat.

“It’s his new girlfriend, apparently. He let that slip yesterday,” Michael told her.

“Oh yeah? Did he tell you anything else?” she asked.

“They met at the grocery store six months ago, I think,” he said.

“Ah, I just hope she’s appropriate for Becca.” Sydney sighed.

“He assured us his stripper phase was over after Collette,” Michael said before they both burst out laughing at Eric’s idiocy.

When they arrived at Eric’s house, there was a note attached to the front door instructing them to go out back. Sydney hoisted Becca up on her hip and followed Michael along the narrow path through the hedges to Eric’s backyard.

“Hey guys,” Eric grinned. He was wearing an apron with the words ‘Kiss the Cook’ across it, as well as an overly large chef’s hat.

“Are you aware you look like an idiot?” Michael laughed.

“Ha. Ha,” Eric said dryly.

“So, where’s this girl? Is she here?” Michael asked impatiently, ready to see what ‘prize’ his best friend had picked next.

“Inside.” Eric smiled. A moment later a woman with long black hair came out of the house smiling.

Sydney actually burst out laughing so hard she had to let Rebecca fall to the ground. “You’re kidding, right? This is a joke?” Sydney laughed as she looked at her sister Nadia, dressed in khaki pants and a t-shirt.

“What... how... ERIC!” Michael grunted.

“What?” Eric smiled as he put an arm around Nadia’s shoulder.

“Wow... I almost feel bad for Mother and Father now...,” Sydney sighed. “When did you leave?” Sydney asked her sister.

“Two months before I ran into Eric at the grocery store, so almost eight months ago,” Nadia told her.

“Why?” Sydney asked her.

“Did you know Cousin Jacob has really disgusting back hair?” Nadia grimaced. Michael choked from laughter.

“Father wanted you to marry him?” Sydney laughed.

“I left him at the alter, so to speak,” Nadia smiled.

Nice.” Sydney laughed.

“Mommy,” Becca said from where she was hiding behind Sydney’s leg. “Whosat?”

“Come ‘ere Becca, meet your Aunt Nadia.” Sydney smiled as she picked up her daughter and walked over to her sister.

“So...,” Michael began as he walked over to Eric.

Eric grinned. “Told ya I’d get an Amish chick.” After hearing what he said, Michael rolled his eyes while Sydney and Nadia slapped him. “HEY!” Eric ducked and covered his head from being hit again.

“What a great family,” Michael grinned as he put his arm around Sydney.

“Definitely,” they all agreed.

-fin-

Thanks for reading everyone!! I really, really enjoyed this fic and i'm glad you all did too. As always, thanks to the betaing crew :hug:
New fic.... hm I'm still going back and forth on which i'll post next, but i think i'm going to go with No Matter What which involves Sydney Bristow as the first female president of the United States :smiley:
sooooooo i'll see you guys tomorrow with that fic then :P

PMLIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasfreak8903
AliasSydney502
alizas
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
Bamse
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
Catpin
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
ekm324
emotionalrescue
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i'm an aliasaholic
jadeygirl
jb288
Jen-Jen
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
meghanlyn85
mightylittleone
Minttu
MontrealRocks
mountaineer_girl
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow

PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Remys24
shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
SpygirlAmy
stella1
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
texy
Thayna
tubby
ubielecki
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
Carol_Br47
sydney//vaughn
wiseman
scullymulder1234
MH55995
Crazy for Alias
catfishally
sydofthesea
LittleNicky
sydneymicheal
Elle_47
vaughnroxmysox
iheartvaughn
invisible
Sarahmañana
amlynac
xxaliasluverxx

OMV a perfectly romantic and sweet ending... though i do feel bad for syd and nadia's parents... i just hope that they'd leave the 'you're not welcome' rule so their daughters can visit them.

Becca's really cute! and i'm sure caramel is too

this was really great! (y) (y) thanks for all the PMs ;)

Back