Politics Will They Ever Trust Us Again?

Michael Moore doesn't create documentaries, he creates propaganda. His opinions may or may not be valid, but his research and execution are sloppy. He takes film and quotes and slices them together out of context to mean whatever he wants them to. He's no Ken Burns, the master of documentaries.

jamis77731 said:
Michael Moore doesn't create documentaries, he creates propaganda.  His opinions may or may not be valid, but his research and execution are sloppy.  He takes film and quotes and slices them together out of context to mean whatever he wants them to.  He's no Ken Burns, the master of documentaries.
[post="1054262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

you cant say there isnt a lot of truth in his documentaries, you cant create false documents, it would be fraud, ther emust be some truth else why isnt it banned, look at the eveidence, yes it is very biased, but its all true, real life accounts, arent made up...documents arent... look at your leader, i wouldnt put half this stuff past him. I trust michael moore, way more than the lovely mr bush

cinders said:
you cant say there isnt a lot of truth in his documentaries, you cant create false documents, it would be fraud, ther emust be some truth else why isnt it banned, look at the eveidence, yes it is very biased, but its all true, real life accounts, arent made up...documents arent... look at your leader, i wouldnt put half this stuff past him. I trust michael moore, way more than the lovely mr bush
[post="1054888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, not true. Two lawsuits have been filed against him-- in one he manipulated a letter-to-the-editor in a Florida newspaper to make it look like the paper had a headline "Bush Wins Florida" when in fact it was just a line in a letter to the editor.

I think it's interesting -- and sad -- that this thread has become an argument over Michael Moore rather than discussing what the soldiers who have e-mailed him have to say. :(

SiriCerasi said:
Actually he's produced, directed, written, acted in, etc, more than 10 movies :smiley:

And unfortunaly I've only seen one -_-

But yes, I think we all realize that he twists things around. But you can't accuse him of blatently lying; what, did he create all the documents, all the footage? Somehow I doubt it...
[post="1048665"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Michael Moore is a genius. People just criticize him becaue they don't like seeing the truth since, frankly, the truth hurts.

Ophelia said:
I think it's interesting -- and sad -- that this thread has become an argument over Michael Moore rather than discussing what the soldiers who have e-mailed him have to say.  :(
[post="1057021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree. It seems every thread about Michael Moore's work turns into a debate over whether or not he should be listened to. I think the most important thing he does is bring up issues that people aren't talking about. It doesn't matter whether or not MM is biased, because we all know he is. What is important is that he at least tries to create a dialogue. One that unfortunately always gets overshadowed by the credibility debate.

andrs said:
I agree. It seems every thread about Michael Moore's work turns into a debate over whether or not he should be listened to. I think the most important thing he does is bring up issues that people aren't talking about. It doesn't matter whether or not MM is biased, because we all know he is. What is important is that he at least tries to create a dialogue. One that unfortunately always gets overshadowed by the credibility debate.
[post="1057035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

bush is obviously biased too, we need to even things out.
back to the book, it is making me cry, havent finished it yet, but its so saddening to know some of these troops are fighting and dying in a war they didnt believe in. why can people be sent to their deaths over a political debate? :(

I think it's interesting -- and sad -- that this thread has become an argument over Michael Moore rather than discussing what the soldiers who have e-mailed him have to say.
Exactly.

These soldiers Bush wants everybody to be oh-so-proud of are saying these things. Maybe Bush and co should start listening. :angry:

then why does the military vote republican in every election?

I bet for every soldiers e-mail to Moore, there are dozens who feel just the opposite

Wow I can’t believe he has another book. I defn will be buying it and reading it for my history class. I read dude where’s my country and that was a good book, I saw the movie on 9/11. I think people hate him because he speaks the truth. But I will buy the book this week, maybe tomorrow when I go to the mall.

Melissa
:D

Although MM uses clever editing on his movies to give his arguments better credibility and impact, wouldn't we all agree that GB has the entire media to mapipulate so as to better sound his arguments?

I love Michael Moore. He is so great. He actually makes me think about the corruption of the war, and our country in general. And I'm only 14! It's amazing when you can get a 14 year-old to think about stuff like that. I will go buy his new book, if I have enough money. (I'm saving up for a camcorder, so I'm not sure if I will want to spend TONS of money) Sure, he may be biased...but who isn't? If you made a documentary about the war, it would probably be biased as well. But, I agree with what he says. It seems very logical.

I have a cousin in the war (Air Force) and he loves F* 9/11. He's always been cool like that. Maybe he wrote a letter...

Natalia said:
All media twists the truth. Bush knows how to do that better than anyone.

The reason Michael Moore has all the Bush supporters running scared is the fact there is a hell of a lot of truth in what he says.
[post="1046762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i sooo agree. people would rather hear lies that were good instead of the truth which is ugly. i think that is scaring a lot of people.

Back