William Baldwin Needs Vampire Queen For Civil War Flick ‘High Midnight’

Robby

Helper Bot
William Baldwin Needs Vampire Queen For Civil War Flick ‘High Midnight’

MTV Movie Blog said:
103108_williambaldwin.jpg
Mary Lambert’s already got one vampire story airing on FEARnet — “The Dark Path Chronicles” — but the “Pet Semetary” director has another on the way for the big screen.

“High Midnight” is about what would happen if someone like Lucy from Bram Stoker’s Dracula escaped, came to America, went to the Wild West, and opened a ranch, Lambert told MTV News. The story would take place in the same time period, but right after the Civil War, and the town where the vamp finds herself in is run by a sheriff (to be played by William Baldwin) who is a drunk. He teams up with a vampire hunter (to be played by Thomas Kretschmann) to drive the vampire, Dallinserno, off the frontier.

“The female vampire is the center of the story,” Lambert said. “She’s the driving force. She’s from another country, but she looks like a young woman, in her early 30s at the oldest.” Right now, Lambert’s trying to find the right actress for the part.

“I’m looking for somebody who would be ready to be fairly outrageous in her portrayal,” Lambert said. “She has to be very sensual. She needs to be sexy but powerful and not afraid to play it that way. Sometimes female actors shy away from playing someone violent, or playing a villain. I’ve had that be an issue in films I wanted to do, because society and the industry punishes you for being ugly or brutal on camera, although men are rewarded for that.”

There are only a few actresses who can handle it, Lambert said, such as Angelina Jolie or Keira Knightley, so she’s trying to figure out who’s the next one to join that club: “They can be tough in a role and still be vulnerable, still be beautiful, and still maintain their star quality.”

Who would you recommend Lambert consider for the part of the frontier vampire queen?

img.phdo
tracker.php
(via MTV Movie Blog)

Am I crazy or does that plot sound like it was ripped from Bloodrayne 2?! :confused:

IMDB said:
It's a hundred years later, and the dhampir Rayne has arrived in the town of Deliverance, Montana where a group of vampire cowboys have emerged. Led by Billy the Kid, hell-bent on creating is own kingdom, he slaughters townspeople and rounds up children. He spares the life of Chicago Chronicle reported Newton Pyles. Rayne aligns herself with Pat Garret, a member of the long-thought-dead Brimstone society, a dishonest preacher, and a low life named Franson, to stop Billy the Kid and show the world how the West was really won.
Never in a million years did I think somebody would actually be inspired by an Uwe Boll movie! :eek:

Back