Computers Windows 10 DVD Maker

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
So... it turns out Microsoft has removed Windows DVD Maker from Windows. (n)

This caused me a bit of grief as I used Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7 to create a DVD project for my wife's parent's 50th wedding anniversary. That project turned out pretty cool and had good feedback. This week some extended family members were in town and would've liked a copy. No problem... just fire up the ol' laptop, pop a blank DVD in and... what the heck, where's the option to burn to DVD?! :o_O:

Turns out that back in Windows 8 Microsoft took out the DVD Maker capabilities. Searching the net, it seems like a lot of people who have upgraded directly from Windows 7 to Windows 10 are finding out the hard way that DVD Maker was removed. With the weird hours I've been working lately I only had a few minutes of down time to burn the DVDs so I didn't have a chance to look for alternatives; fortunately my tech savvy BIL is in town can make some copies on his laptop of an earlier burned DVD.

With that in mind, anybody have recommendations for decent DVD burning software for Windows 10? Free is always nice :D but I'm not against buying a package if it is really useful.

The Best Free Multimedia Software for PC

Gizmo's Freeware usually has something that fits most people's needs for free. They tend to do a nice write-up and the comments sections are a wealth of information.

I finally figured out how to get rid of that GWX icon in my Win7 system. No windows 10 for me.
I like everything about my system as it is.

Back