Computers Windows 8 Boots In 8 Seconds

Gemma

Captain

0640.Relative-time-needed-for-different-phases-of-startup_3FCAB3EF.png

That is a serious speed improvement in boot time :eek:

:eek:

I'm not sure what I am more surprised at... the 8 sec boot time or the fact that Microsoft is already touting Win8 features while most of corporate America is still on WindowsXP.

What does the "Hiberfile Read" means??? If I am not wrong than it is related to Hibernate mode and that means that extra consumption of memory and may have issues of corruption of Windows in some power loss cases. Because this process is usually takes less time so it may be mean by it instead of complete shut down, also remaining two process, Post/Pre-boot and User Session Init, haven't minimized. So have thought about it and share with us.

:eek:

I'm not sure what I am more surprised at... the 8 sec boot time or the fact that Microsoft is already touting Win8 features while most of corporate America is still on WindowsXP.

I don't know about the corporate world but you should check this news zdnet.com/blog/btl/windows-7-finally-beats-xp-or-does-it/62329 . And , they should also tells us in details how this boot time reduced . If it is all releated to hibernate then it could go against windows .

I don't know about the corporate world but you should check this news zdnet.com/blog/btl/windows-7-finally-beats-xp-or-does-it/62329 . And , they should also tells us in details how this boot time reduced . If it is all releated to hibernate then it could go against windows .
Based on the people I know at various large companies, I would be more inclined to believe the stats from the article you linked to, that XP is still more common on the corporate desktop than XP.

With some tweaks (eg: using a browser other than IE, using MS Essentials, etc.) WinXP is still a good choice of an OS for a lot of people, especially in the corporate world and entry level home user markets, where people don't really care about transparent windows & other shiny features that don't actually have a benefit to using them. Adding to that is the shift away from local applications to web based applications where the browser & broadband speed is more important then the client OS itself.

Don't get me wrong, I like Win7 on my machines, but for a lot of other family members and companies WinXP is still chugging along fine.

Back