Windows Computers

they are apparently too snotty to be considered in that group  )

A Mac is a PC, however "PC" has become the term more to define Wintel machines, machines that generally runWindows operating systems and Intel processors.

To most people, anything that is not a Mac and is not a workstation or server is a PC - including other pre-Macintosh computers at Apple such as the Apple II.

I think the problem is that "Macintosh" is both a computer and an operating system (since both are made by the same company, and thus work better together :P )

Anyways, to me Macs are not too snotty to be PCs, they are too high up. What do you have against them, Tommy? :P

EDIT to add:

but macs drive me sane and i despise them with everything i own
Do you mean insane?

Anyways, I think it is a matter of what you are used to. I am used to both the Mac and the Windows worlds.

Charlie said:
Anyways, to me Macs are not too snotty to be PCs, they are too high up. What do you have against them, Tommy? :P
Oh, I don't have anything against them. I was just kidding. I've only ever used one version of Mac (and only a few times)...it was from the 80s, early 90s (I think) lol

Tommy said:
Charlie said:
Oh, I don't have anything against them. I was just kidding. I've only ever used one version of Mac (and only a few times)...it was from the 80s, early 90s (I think) lol
Sorry, but I hate it when people compare their current Windows XP to something over a decade old (which is a lot in computer time).

Maybe we should have a "Which Platform is Better?" thread since we are having this discussion in two threads at once (the Mac thread and the PC thread)?

I can't really say anything about Macs...never used one except the stone age one's at my old school. Personally though, I think Windows can definitely be a pain in the butt. I think I need my own OS, lol

Charlie said:
they are apparently too snotty to be considered in that group  )

A Mac is a PC, however "PC" has become the term more to define Wintel machines, machines that generally runWindows operating systems and Intel processors.

To most people, anything that is not a Mac and is not a workstation or server is a PC - including other pre-Macintosh computers at Apple such as the Apple II.

I think the problem is that "Macintosh" is both a computer and an operating system (since both are made by the same company, and thus work better together :P )

EDIT to add:

but macs drive me sane and i despise them with everything i own
Do you mean insane?

Anyways, I think it is a matter of what you are used to. I am used to both the Mac and the Windows worlds.
i always thought of a pc as windows, but whatever. and no i ment sane since i'm already insane!

Tommy said:
I can't really say anything about Macs...never used one except the stone age one's at my old school. Personally though, I think Windows can definitely be a pain in the butt. I think I need my own OS, lol
i have a mac in my extreamly messy basement and i hate it! it's just so complicated and who knows, maybe i just don't know enough about them!

Charlie, you are quite the computer whiz! haha. I don't know a thing about my laptop... cept that it's a Dell and I have broadband. :D

...Macs don't have right clicks, do they? I don't think I could live without my right click. *guards the right mouse button*

Tommy said:
...Macs don't have right clicks, do they? I don't think I could live without my right click. *guards the right mouse button*
:lol:

The first Mac prototype had 3 buttons but then it turned out in testing that users kept forgetting which mouse to click :D

So, yes, there is "only" one mouse button (the Mac version of right click is control cick) - and if you love right clicking you can but a two-buttoned mouse :P

and no i ment sane since i'm already insane!
sorry, I knew that but forgot :blush:

Charlie said:
Tommy said:
...Macs don't have right clicks, do they?  I don't think I could live without my right click.  *guards the right mouse button*
:lol:

The first Mac prototype had 3 buttons but then it turned out in testing that users kept forgetting which mouse to click :D

So, yes, there is "only" one mouse button (the Mac version of right click is control cick) - and if you love right clicking you can but a two-buttoned mouse :P

and no i ment sane since i'm already insane!
sorry, I knew that but forgot :blush:
when was like 9 my dad worked 4 a company that had macs with 3-buttoned mouses ^_^

I was wondring if any1 owned an emachine? Have anything against it?

I'm trying to figure out why its $150 dollars cheaper and still have not a cd but a dvd drive. The rest is the same except for the processor which is 2600 instead of 2800. But I'm going for the extra dvd drive, instead of the cd. As usual brands alway hold me back...I mena I can have a rpetty alienwear, sony, or atleast an HP. But then I realized does emachines have tech support incase anything goes wrong?

Marlene said:

I'm trying to figure out why its $150 dollars cheaper and still have not a cd but a dvd drive. The rest is the same except for the processor which is 2600 instead of 2800. But I'm going for the extra dvd drive, instead of the cd. As usual brands alway hold me back...I mena I can have a rpetty alienwear, sony, or atleast an HP. But then I realized does emachines have tech support incase anything goes wrong?
I was actually looking at these the other day....they sell them at Wal*Mart. They seem okay, I've never used one though.

They spend nothing on advertising, they buy the cheapest components possible, and I don't think they have good service, if they have it at all.

Charlie said:
They spend nothing on advertising, they buy the cheapest components possible, and I don't think they have good service, if they have it at all.
okie dokie....thanks...that doesn't sound too good...i usually have something blow up after the warranty expires and i need one of those numbers to call and cry to b4 i drag it down to the computer repair center.

Marlene said:

Iv got an emachine now. I dunno why its cheaper.
I got a deal on mine. $650 with monitor and printer, 1.6 pent. 4 too.

Back