Wine

What I really like about Alias is you can look how shallow or dep as you want into the show. Personally i would rather look deep. This is one thing I have noticed. WIne is used as this foreshadowing of trickery and evil. For instance when Sark is given wine while he reveals Khasinou's plans, there is evil and trickery. We don't really know if sark is telling the truth and we dont really know what Sloane wants out of it. As the episode goes on, we see that sark is playing on sd-6's side but when he runs, the wine is used to trace him. When they find the place that they have traced it too, sark has slided by with a blood transfer. You just know that when you see wine, there is someone up to something. The second example is from the last episode of season 1. SLoane gives emily wine to "kill" her. As we know he did not actually kill her with the poison in the wine. There was yet another chemical that cancelled out the poison. We don't know who put that in there. We don't know who is trying to make sloane feel guilty by leaving a glass of wine on the counter... What we especially don't know is why. So what happens? well as we know, there was no blackmail. the whole thing was a deceit in itself. sloane was not blackmailed but framed Kane. Only he knows this ofcourse. But in the end he saved emily. The symbol of ultimate deciet is wine in Alias. So next time we see a glass of wine on the show, we know there is going to be some ladder of trickery going on. And it only keeps getting more complicated. :Ph34r:

Cool theory! And I'm not sure if it was wine...I think it might have been champagne, but in "The Box Pt. 2" when Quentin Tarantino's character tied Sydney up and forced her to take a drink, and then told her that he backwashed in it.....I guess that didn't really lead to anything majorly bad, but still, the drink was associated with the bad guy.

Wow anneka didnt kno you were that complex...and i cant agree
or disagree cause i havent seen most of the shows, but i
think alias has a lot of things like that...certain motifs,
thats one thing i like about it

I'm sorry, but as much as Syd ends up drinking, its a wonder she's not always drunk...which would be oddly interesting, lol

Tommy said:
I'm sorry, but as much as Syd ends up drinking, its a wonder she's not always drunk...which would be oddly interesting, lol
Yes it would! Especially if she was with Vaughn hehe. He'll hafta buy her some Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream...(remember that Will/Syd moment? who could forget!?)

SpyBarbie007 said:
Tommy said:
Yes it would! Especially if she was with Vaughn hehe. He'll hafta buy her some Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream...(remember that Will/Syd moment? who could forget!?)
OF COURSE I REMEMBER THE SYD/WILL THING!! I'M AN S/W SHIPPER, NO S/W SHIPPER WOULD FORGET THAT!!

i wish i could forget that! lol. ahh wouldn't that be interesting....for syd and vaughn to get drunk.....hmmmm

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>S/V ALL THE WAYYYYYYY!!!!!!</span>

marshalllovr4eva said:
Wow anneka didnt kno you were that complex...and i cant agree
or disagree cause i havent seen most of the shows, but i
think alias has a lot of things like that...certain motifs,
thats one thing i like about it
LOL!!!! Haha see anneka someone else agrees with me :D

Tommy said:
You're right! She almost never gets drunk. Except that one time with will.... and then I think she and Vaughn were both a little drunk at the restaurant last week, but unfortunatly not drunk enough ;)

Back