Sports Winter Activities

Tom

An Old Friend
I remember back in the 60s when all of the neighborhood kids would gather at old man Winston's hill and have hours of fun sled riding. Mr Winston even put a barrel on cement blocks at the top of the hill so we could have night fires to stay warm.

In the 70s, I used to hitch rides around town by grabbing the back of delivery trucks and assorted cars and slide my way around town. The trick was to only hitch the ride on roads that were snow packed. My high school buddies and I used to take the snowmobiles out in the woods with a garbage can of homemade hooch for a night of drinking and horsing around. Quite a few times I woke up in the campfire ashes too hung over to be alive.

In the 80s, being a dad, I would take the kids sled riding at a multitude of crazy cool hills and forest paths. I would build us a campfire and we would do marshmallows and tell stories.

In the 90s, in the Adirondacks, It was all about Ice Fishing and driving cars on the lakes.

Just a few years ago I was living in PA and got to experience crazy cold snowy winter again. I enjoyed nighttime fire pit conversation and winter BBQ. I love walking thru the forest at night in the snow. Its really peaceful.

So, what winter activities do you do? Down here there is no snow.

Just a few years ago I was living in PA and got to experience crazy cold snowy winter again. I enjoyed nighttime fire pit conversation and winter BBQ. I love walking thru the forest at night in the snow. Its really peaceful.
Not this year! :wideeyed:

Feds: Warm, wet through March

Looks like I'll be able to continue wearing no jacket while walking the dog for a while yet.

Back