Winter Wonderland

Title: Winter Wonderland
Authors: AliasSydney502 (Sierra) & Littleangel (Mary)
Summary: Change your mind, not your heart.

-Chapter 1-

Her hands were shaking, her eyes were wide open. This couldn’t be true. It couldn’t. Not yet. She felt as if she were going to get sick. Sitting down on the rim of the bathtub, she looked down on the test again. It showed two pink stripes, so it really meant what she had been fearing for weeks.

She felt tears forming in her eyes. Why did this happen now? Why did it have to happen at all? She tried to get up but she couldn’t. Her legs felt like jelly and she was shaking.

She was pregnant.

Pregnant from Michael. Two weeks ago she would have been happy about that. No, enthusiastic, but not now. Now it was the worst thing that could have happened. Her mind went back to the scene she had to witness eight days ago.

Sydney slowly turned the key to their apartment. She was early, so she knew it would be a surprise for Michael. They hadn’t had much time for each other because they both worked while going to college to earn money, so Sydney had decided to leave work earlier today. When she walked in, she could hear angry voices in the living room.

One she recognized. It was Michael’s. The other one was the voice of a woman. She sounded familiar but she couldn’t figure out who it was. She took a few steps closer to the door. Sydney knew she shouldn’t be eavesdropping but she couldn’t help it.

“I told you it was an accident!” Michael shouted.

“So you want me to forget it, like it never happened?” The woman yelled at him.

“That’s exactly what I want you to do.” Michael tried to calm down. He needed to be focused to solve this.

“And what if I tell it your girlfriend Sydney?” She now threatened him.

Sydney moved even closer to the door. After hearing her name she wanted to know what this was about.

“You think that would change anything?” Michael laughed bitterly, “I love Sydney.”

“Didn’t stop you the other night.” She snapped at him.

“It happened once, it won’t happen ever again.” Michael hissed.

“What do you think Sydney will do if I tell her? Do you really think she would still want to be together with you?” She wouldn’t to give up.

“No, I don’t think so. But that doesn’t mean I will cheat on her again. So if you want to tell her, I can’t stop you, but I won’t sleep with you, or anyone else, again.” His voice was now sounding sad.

Sydney couldn’t believe it. Michael had cheated on her. She felt tears streaming down her face. She loved Michael, she trusted him and that was what she got?

Slowly she walked into the living room, seeing a shocked Michael staring at her and a woman she now recognized. She had a class with Michael together and she remembered seeing her a few times.

“Syd…Sydney.” Michael stuttered.

“Spare me.” Sydney hissed, “You were right, I don’t want you anymore and I’m not interested in any lame excuses you have.”

Sydney turned around to leave but Michael grabbed her arm to stop her.

“Don’t,“ She now sounded completely calm and to Michael that was even worse than her being angry. He let go of her arm gently.

“Sydney, please.” Michael begged. That was the last thing she heard before the door closed behind her.

That had been the last time Sydney had seen Michael. He had tried to call her many times but she had never answered.

Desperation was getting to her. What was she going to do now? Being together with Michael again was not an option. He had hurt her too much.

She got up carefully, her legs still feeling like jelly. She went to the bathroom door and slowly opened it. Outside her friend was sitting on the couch waiting for her and the result of the test.

“And?” Kate looked at her worried, though she was afraid she already knew the answer, seeing her red eyes. She looked even worse than the last days after her break up with Michael.

“I’m pregnant.” Sydney sobbed and tears were streaming down her face again. Kate went to her and hugged her tightly, trying to soothe her.

“I’m sorry.” Kate knew that pregnant had been the last thing Sydney had wanted to be, “What are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know. I can’t raise a baby on my own.” Sydney whispered, wiping her eyes.

“You wouldn’t have to. You still have Michael, you know he would help you.” Kate suggested though it wasn’t likely she would like that idea.

“Yeah, but I don’t want him to. I don’t want to see him again, ever.” Sydney said angrily.

“You have to tell him.” Kate tried to reason with her. What Michael had done, hadn’t been right, but he nevertheless had a right to know.

“I know.” Sydney admitted. She didn’t like the idea of telling him. He probably wanted to have the child, probably wanted to be together with her again, have a family with her. Like they had planned. But Sydney wasn’t sure she could do that.

“You want me to come with you?” Kate asked her softly.

“Yeah, please.” Sydney nodded, “Can we just go tomorrow?”

“Sure.” Kate agreed.

thanks for reading, don't forget to review
oh and we love quotes :angelic:

“And what if I tell it your girlfriend Sydney?” She now threatened him.

Sydney moved even closer to the door. After hearing her name she wanted to know what this was about.

“You think that would change anything?” Michael laughed bitterly, “I love Sydney.”

Didn’t stop you the other night.” She snapped at him.

“It happened once, it won’t happen ever again.” Michael hissed.

“What do you think Sydney will do if I tell her? Do you really think she would still want to be together with you?” She wouldn’t to give up.

“No, I don’t think so. But that doesn’t mean I will cheat on her again. So if you want to tell her, I can’t stop you, but I won’t sleep with you, or anyone else, again.” His voice was now sounding sad.

I'm not going to try and make excuses for Michael even if it comes out he was drunk. Cheating is cheating. He deserves Sydney walking out on him.

However, I'm looking forward to Sydney telling him that he's going to be a father. I wonder what he's going to do? Because he dug himself into a hole.

Question: I the girl Alice? Lauren? Or some girl who was lusting after him and managed to get him into bed with her?

Please add me to your PM list.

Chris

HE CHEATED!!!!!!!! he sooo deserves to be treated like he is!!!

and SYD'S PREGNANT!!! you are so evil!!!!! Lets hope the other girl isn't too!!!

Brill story so far, please keep me on the PM list!

~lil~

Wow .. This is a really interesting start...

Can't wait to see Michael's reaction...

Please keep PMing me when you post more :smiley:

This is a great start. I can't wait to hear what Michael has to say when he finds out. I'm not saying cheating is okay, but I hope that he and Syd can work it out. I think some serious groveling is in order. Please keep me on the PM list!

Back