fox_canada
angiverl
tblash423
stijn204@planet.nl
icaughtmeasark

SuperDuck123
sydneyv22

I'm sorry for the long wait :sorry: totally my fault

I know you all didn't like the last chapter but just stick with us, ok? We know what we are doing...

-Chapter 15-

Half past seven Michael was standing in front of Kaylee’s door. It was their fifth date and they were going to a basketball game. He knocked at the door and waited for Kaylee to open it. After what seemed like a pretty long time, she finally opened it.

“Hey.” Michael smiled and stepped closer to place a soft kiss on her lips, “Ready to go?”

“Yeah,” Kaylee nodded and grabbed her coat and keys.

When they arrived at the stadium, they were already a long line waiting at the entrance.

“This could take some time.” Kaylee sighed.

“Good thing we have time.” Michael grinned and placed his arms around her waist to pull her closer.

Fortunately time went by quickly and soon they were inside, sitting in their seats and waiting for the game to start.

“Do you go to games often?” Kaylee asked him, while sipping on her soft drink.

“I used to.” Michael replied. It was quite a while ago since he last was. Sydney had loved basketball and so they had went to watch the games as often as they could. But after their breakup Michael hadn’t been able to bring himself to go to one alone.

“Used to?” Kaylee looked at him questioning.

“Yeah,” Michael nodded and realized she probably wanted to hear more, “It’s a long story.”

“Ah, I understand.” Kaylee gave him a small smile and it seemed as if she really did.

Michael was somewhat relieved that the game started that minute so that they had something else to focus on and didn’t need to talk right now.

During the game Michael couldn’t concentrate on it, glancing over at Kaylee from time to time. ‘This isn’t the same’ was all he could think of. With Sydney things had been different. Michael was well aware of the feelings he still had for Sydney and no matter how much he tried to deny them, now that he was together with Kaylee, he couldn’t.

He felt guilty and he knew he had to talk with Kaylee and end it. After all he still loved Sydney and wouldn’t lie to Kaylee.

“I can’t believe they lost. It was that close.” Kaylee sighed after the game, while leaving the stadium.

“Yeah,” Michael nodded, in his mind thinking of what to say next.

“You okay? You seem kinda stressed.” Kaylee looked at him questioning.

“I…yeah…I’m okay.” Michael ran his hand nervously through his hair, “We need to talk.”

“Okay.” Kaylee replied, already having an idea what this was about. And she knew it wasn’t good.

She followed Michael to a bench near them and sat down next to him. Looking expectantly at him, she waited for him to begin. But after what seemed like forever he still hadn’t said a word.

“And?” Kaylee asked, finally wanting to get it done with.

“I… I really like you but…” Michael took deep breath before continuing, “But this can’t work.”

“Why? I mean, we haven’t been together for that long, you can’t know for sure.” Kaylee said, though she doubted that would change his mind.

“We haven’t but I know it wouldn’t work. Sure we could try but it wouldn’t be fair to you.” Michael answered. He should have known from the start that starting a new relationship was bound to fail. His feelings for Sydney wouldn’t just disappear if he ignored them.

“Okay, now you’ve got me confused.” Kaylee looked at him irritated.

“I still love Sydney, my ex-girlfriend.” Michael explained and he felt bad for hurting her, “I tried to get over her but I can’t and having a relationship with you is not fair to you.”

“Okay, I understand.” Kaylee nodded sadly.

“I’m really sorry.” Michael said and squeezed her hand gently.

Kaylee pulled her hand away and got up, “It’s okay. I just… I gotta go.”

“I’m sorry.” Michael repeated sincerely.

“I know.” Kaylee gave him a weak smile, “Bye Michael.” With that she turned and walked away.

The next day Michael walked towards Kate’s room. He was determined to get Sydney’s address. Having thought about her the whole night, he came to the conclusion he just had to see her again. And he knew Kate would have her address, no matter what she said.

He knocked at the door and waited until someone opened, though it wasn’t Kate but Alyssa.

“Hey, is Kate here?” Michael asked.

“No. She moved away.” Alyssa told him, shaking her head.

“What?” Michael asked stunned.

“Yeah, a month ago.” Alyssa replied.

“Do you have any idea where?” Michael asked, praying that she did.

“No, she didn’t say.” Alyssa answered.

“Okay, thanks.” Michael said and walked away, disappointed and without an idea of what to do next.

“Damn it.” He muttered. Now he didn’t have any clue of how to find her.

If Sydney didn’t decide to contact him again, he would have no chance of finding her and making things right again. And it was pretty unlikely that she would.

So time passed by and their lifes went on, seperately from each other.

please review and make us happy :angelic:

What? NO! Kate moved away?

Maybe Sydney told her where she was and Kate moved to be with her again? I dont' know, but this is bad... for Michael and Sydney. :(

Back