Winter Wonderland

Oh fluffiness :love: me loves it! Me loves it very very very much....

I need more of those... :D I tend to get lightly addicted to them... just a tini tiny little bit :lol:

:woot: They're going to get together again and have more cute little 👶

aww!! that is the best chap so far!!!! i am SO SO SO glad that they are getting back together and that they can become one big happy family!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D
update soon

AWWW that was soo freakin adorable!!!!!
-I'm so glad she admitted that she missed him!!!
Great update!! LOVED IT!! Thanks for the pm!!

AFter all this time, Sydney finally admits she wants him back. It's about time!!! He's paid the price of what he did by being separated from them.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

ok, so we finished this fic, just a few more then it's over ^_^
Chapter 31

“Well, that was fun.” Michael commented as he wiped off snow from his clothes when they came inside later. They had continued to sled and play until Michael heard Abby sneeze, telling Sydney it was time to go back inside before any of them got sick.

“It was.” Sydney agreed. “I’m glad you came over.” She smiled brightly at him, still on a mental high from the fun and family-ish activity they had just had.

“Me too.” Michael smiled back at her, his heart swelling with joy.

“Daddy?” Danielle said sweetly. Michael couldn’t be happier that his little girls were calling him daddy. It was what he always wanted.

“Yes, Princess?” Michael picked her up, holding her in his arms.

“I glad you here too.” She said, hugging him. His smile widened and his wrapped an arm around the smiling toddler.

“Oh, don’t ever grow up.” He mumbled into her hair. Danielle was his little Princess and he wanted her to stay that way forever.

“I won’t.” Danielle answered.

“Promise?”

“Pwomise!” Danielle said excitedly, wiggling out of her father’s grasp and waddling off to find Abby.

“You did a great job Syd.” Michael complimented as he watched his daughter walk away.

“Thanks.” Sydney blushed. “Oh! I made you something…” Sydney remembered. She walked into the livingroom and grabbed the small album she had been working on lately. She came back into the kitchen and handed the small book to him.

“What’s this?” He asked, before opening it.

“It’s a photo album.” Sydney answered, watching as he opened it carefully and looked through the first few pictures, a smile plastered on his face.

“Oh my god, Syd. This is amazing.” He said softly, in total awe of some of the moments he was looking at. “Thank you so so much.” He closed the book without finishing it and wrapped his arms around her. He held her tightly, feeling so happy that she did this for him. Michael was glad she tried to show him what he missed. Maybe she was warming up to him.

“Michael… Can’t breathe.” Sydney laughed awkwardly, and Michael let her go. Seeing her dimpled smile after so long was like spring after a long winter. It made him feel good about the future.

“Sorry, I got a little carried away.” He chuckled lightly, staring at the book in his hands.

“Speaking of getting carried away…” Sydney changed the topic, checking to make sure no one was listening to their conversation. “We have to talk about what we did…” She blushed, recalling the night they had made love.

“I don’t regret it, but I know it wasn’t the right time.” Michael said, trying to get her to see he would wait for her to be ready to be with him again.

“I guess I feel the same.” Sydney sighed, sitting down at the table.

“You guess?” Michael asked.

“Well, I mean, what if it doesn’t work out? What if we break up? I don’t want Abby and Danielle to get hurt.” Sydney voiced her fears about them.

“Syd, when will you understand that I’m not going anywhere?” Michael placed the book on the table and sat next to her. “I don’t care how long it takes, I’m gonna be here for you and for the girls.”

“Michael… I don’t want you wasting your life here. You could do something great. Just forget about us and go back to your life.” Sydney reasoned. She didn’t want him to give up whatever life he had back in LA and move to little old Wisconsin just to see them.

“I could never forget you.” Michael promised, leaning closer to her. She turned her head to the left, accidentally bumping their noses together. She blushed and turned the other way. It had been a long time since she had kissed anyone but her daughters.

Their lips met in a sweet kiss, love radiating from both sides. Their feelings were the same as long ago and had never changed. Even though time and circumstance had ripped them apart, they somehow found themselves back together.

Their kiss ended and Sydney’s eyes slowly opened, making their way to meet his. She smiled and he couldn’t help but smile back.

“I want this.” Michael said quietly, referring to their relationship.

“Me too.” Sydney replied, kissing him again lightly. “I missed you.” She whispered, admitting that she never stopped loving him.

“You have no idea.” Michael replied.
^_^

Finally, we're getting somewhere!!

Great update and thanks for the PM.

ok, update time!!

Chapter 32

“Um, Michael?” Sydney looked at him unsurely.

“Yeah?” He asked, caressing her cheek gently.

She was quite for a few moments, thinking of how to say it the best. With him standing so close it was complicated to form coherent thoughts. All she knew was that she didn’t want to rush things and at the pace they were going, they already were.

“Could we… I don’t know, maybe go out first before we… you know again.” Sydney was sure she was turning bright red at this moment.

“You wanna go slower?” Michael asked, figuring that this probably was a good idea.

“Yeah, we’ve haven’t been together for two years.” Sydney replied, nervously playing with her fingers while trying to make him understand what she was meaning, “We should have a fresh start.”

“Okay.” Michael nodded in agreement.

Sydney took a deep breath, “And leave the past behind, okay?”

“There’s nothing I want more.” Michael’s face lit up with joy.

“Good.” Sydney let out a relieved sigh.

“So, you know a good place around here?” Michael asked laughing; just realizing that he knew nothing in this town, not a restaurant or anything else there.

“Well…” Sydney thought about it for a few minutes, remembering how much he loved hockey and ice-skating, “We don’t have a ice rink here but we have lake, which should be frozen by now.”

“You want to go ice skating?” Michael asked, excitement in his voice.

“Sure, it could be fun.” Sydney shrugged smiling.

“Okay, you’ve just got yourself a date.” Michael grinned at her.

Sydney only smiled at him, going through the kitchen cupboards to start making dinner. The children were playing in the living room but she guessed they soon would get hungry and then she wanted to have it ready.

“Do you want me to help?” Michael offered.

“That’d be nice.” Sydney replied smiling.

Now that they were getting along better, they were quickly settling into a family-ish routine. After they had finished dinner and had put Abby and Danielle to sleep, Michael got ready to go, telling Sydney that he would pick her up the next day around five in the afternoon.

“I don’t think that this was a good idea anymore.” Sydney whined, slowly trying to take another step on the ice.

“You’re doing just fine.” Michael laughed, holding out a hand for her to take.

Sydney took a third step towards him, grabbing his hand to keep herself steady and not fall, “You’re saying that now.” She chuckled lightly, “Let’s wait half an hour.”

“How long has it been since you’ve been ice skating?” Michael asked while helping her to slowly skate forwards.

“Since I left Los Angeles.” Sydney replied quietly.

There it was again. The past. The one thing they wanted to leave behind. Yet, it seemed to come up again. It probably would until they started to really deal with it.

Trying to lighten the mood again, Michael said, “Then we’ll have to go more often, get you back to your old shape.”

“We should take Abby and Danielle too.” Sydney suggested smiling.

“Sounds like a plan.” Michael agreed, letting go of her hand and skated a few meters away from her, turned, gesturing her to come towards him.

Carefully, Sydney started to move on her own, skating slowly. She managed to reach him but when she arrived she stumbled. Michael tried to hold her but they both ended up falling, him landing on top of her.

“Why do you always fall on top of me, never the other way around?” Sydney asked laughing.

“Because you’re so comfortable to lie on.” Michael grinned, earning a punch from Sydney.

“But I need to breathe.” Sydney replied, trying to push him off of her.

“No you need oxygen,” Michael smirked and leaned down to kiss her. A few moments later, he pulled away, the smirk still on his face, “That’s something completely different.”

Sydney laughed and then said, “Yeah, though that didn’t really help to solve the oxygen problem.”

“Fine.” Michael got up and then helped her to stand up too.

“Maybe we should try solving the problem again.” Sydney raised an eyebrow at him, grinning.

Michael’s grin widened and he pulled her closer, almost causing them to fall again.

When they arrived at Sydney’s house it was close to midnight.

“I hope you had fun.” Michael smiled at her.

“I did.” Sydney nodded, giving him a bright smile, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Michael pulled her closer and kissed her softly. After they broke apart, Michael hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

“I’m sorry.” Sydney mumbled against his chest, not looking up at him. She knew Michael would understand what she meant.

“Me, too.” Michael whispered into her ear and then kissed her temple, “So much.”

TBC...

Back