Working for the other side

nancee

Cadet
Title: Working for the other side
Author: nancee
Disclaimer: Do we really need this? No I don’t own anything that’s written here. But in my fantasy world, Michael Vaughn would belong to me ;)
Summary: Sydney works for the other side
A/N: Hey, I usually don’t write fics but this seemed like a good idea. So if you guys like it tell me.

Chap. 1
---
Six year old Sydney Anne Bristow woke up late at night to the sound of thunder and her mother shuffling around her room. Laura Bristow kneeled beside her daughter’s bed and whispered quietly, “Sydney Anne, wake up. We have to leave now.”

“Why?” she whispered back as she sat up in bed. Her was hair tousled and eyes sleepy and longed to lay back down.

Laura didn’t answer but walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans, a Disney sweater, and socks. She pulled it over Sydney’s head and instructed her to put on the jeans.

“Where are we going Mommy?” she questioned as she slipped on the jeans.

Still she didn’t answer. Laura went to the nightstand and stuffed the music box that lad on top of it into a bag.

“Is Daddy coming?” she asked with one sock on and the other still in hand.

Laura picked out a few precious pieces of jewelry and pocketed it.

“Sydney Anne, listen to me. We have to be really quiet now okay? So we don’t wake Daddy up.” She had tears in her eyes that rolled down her cheek as she explained the situation. “We’re going somewhere right now. So lets be quiet. Take Davis with you.”

Sydney obeyed as she scrambled across her bed to reach out for her mutt of a stuff animal. Laura scooped Sydney in her arms and crept downstairs. Sydney now to had tears in her eyes, although she didn’t know why. Laura closed the door behind her and ran to the limo that awaited them in front of the house.

---

Jack Bristow sighed as he awoke at eight A.M. to a light drizzle that vibrated through the house. He rolled over and was started to see that his wife was gone. He was puzzled for she was a heavy sleeper and only awoke when Sydney called for her. He put on his slippers and shuffled to his daughter’s room. His eyes widened when he saw the bed was empty.

“Laura!?” he yelled for her but she didn’t answer. He ran down the stairs and continued his calls but no one retuned it. He started to panic. Just then the door bell rang.

“Jack Bristow?” the handsome officer asked.

“Yes?”

“I have bad some news for you. Last night there was a shoot out. Two persons were killed: a middle aged woman and a six year old girl. There was no body when we arrived but a three eyewitnesses where there. There was blood and a drivers license that belonged to a Laura Bristow. The eyewitnesses ran inside so they don’t know where the bodies went but they are sure that the two persons were killed. I’m sorry,” he finished solemnly.

---

“Sydney!” Irina Derevko snapped. “Are you finished daydreaming?” she asked in Russian.

“Yes, Mother. I’m sorry,” she replied back in Russian. Sydney sat up straighter and shot a dirty look at Sark who was smirking.

“And now that you know that we are after the Rambaldi orb, that is it. Sark, Sydney, you leave to Egypt in three hours,” Irina finished in English. “And Sydney, I want you to say here.”

Sark and Jackson (the op-tech guy from France) filed out of the room and left Sydney stuck in her chair.

“Sydney Anne, what’s wrong?” Irina asked soothingly as she walked behind Sydney to interrogate her.

“You haven’t called me that since I was seven.”

“What’s wrong?” she queried again.

“Mom, I’m fine.”

Irina took a last look at her and told her she could leave.

Sydney got up and walked to her room deep in thought. She opened the trunk that was tucked away in her walk in closet. Upon opening it, few precious memories came back: the long summer night at the beach where her dad got stuck in sand, her fifth birthday her mother gave her Davis, the night she saw her parents dancing in the living room…last of all of her memories came back as she picked up the stuffed dog: the night that she left L.A. to go to Russia. She closed her eyes as the private jet loomed into her sight, and asking her mother where they were going as she lied in bed. Then the huge Derevko mansion came into mind and where a doctor awaited her to teach her how to compartmentalize her feelings at a young age.

Just then she heard Sark coming inside. She returned the dog back to his place. Standing up she turned to face Sark.

“Get out of my room she demanded.”

“Sydney-” he started

“I told you the day you got here: don’t call me that.”

“Miss Bristow,” he started over again ignoring the anger in her voice “I just wanted to know what you were planning to where on this mission.”

She rolled her eyes at the fact of him trying to be nice. But she remained silent and rummaged through her hangers.

“Well since it is Egypt, and its hot, I was thinking a bathing suit while we are at the pool area.” He reached over to grab a small black, simple, bikini and handed it over to her.

“Sark, leave me alone.”

“I would like it if you weren’t that cold towards me Sydney,” he said in his cocky British accent. He walked out of the room.

She sighed and knew she would have to take it with her.

---

Over in L.A., the CIA were planning to get the exact same Rambaldi artifact. Agent Michael Vaughn got up to prepare for the op.

---

So ya'll like it? if not im gonna ditch this thing

I like it. it's interesting. but i have to say, something like this was done before. Though i'd like to see how you take this :D
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
I like it. it's interesting. but i have to say, something like this was done before. Though i'd like to see how you take this :D
--Mandy :angelic:
damn really!?!?!? that always happens to me..where at?....gRrRr...okiee then i hope i make it as good as u read before...okiee guys...ill have more up after i finish typing

Title: Working for the other side
Author: nancee
Disclaimer: Do we really need this? No I don’t own anything that’s written here. But in my fantasy world, Michael Vaughn would belong to me ;)
Summary: Sydney works for the other side
A/N: Hey, thanks to all the good comment. Keep them, coming. And this chap is kinda long so... :smiley:

Chap. 2

---

(The CIA in Los Angeles)

“So Agent Anderson, Agent Vaughn, do you understand?” asked Director Bristow.

“Yes sir they,” they replied together and filed out of the debriefing room

Agent Vaughn headed to the coffee room only to be met by Agent Eric Weiss. They exchanged hellos and gathered around the coffee pot.

“So,” Weiss started, “how’s the missus at home?”

“What?” Vaughn replied skeptically without taking his eyes off the dripping liquid.

“How’s things with the ball-and chain?” he asked.

“Weiss man, how many times to I have to tell you, we’re not married.”

“So, you don’t have to be home at seven o’clock sharp for a movie?”

“Shut up man,” he snapped grabbing the first cup and leaving Weiss to laugh. “I gotta go get ready for the op.

---

After the long task of packing, Sydney was finally ready to leave the mansion with Sark. They climbed into the limo and drove to their private plane the was going to take them to Egypt.

Sydney slowly dragged her feet to the other end of the plane, opposite from where Sark settled himself. After fifteen minutes of staring out the window, she curled up into a ball and rested her head on her knees, thinking that if she stayed this way, nothing could hurt her. Memories slowly made its way to her thoughts:

She was six again, and her mother told her this was their new home now. Sydney cried for her father but Irina told her that she could see her father if she behaved well. The next day she got up to snow falling in front of the mansion. She asked her mother what it was and she said patiently, “Snow hunny. Get ready for school.” Sydney scrambled back up the stairs. She was excited because it was her first time going to school.

But when she got there she deeply regretted it. Her mother left her there with a bunch of children that she couldn’t understand and kept addressing her as “Miss Derevko”. And no matter how many times she told them that her name was Sydney Bristow, they continued with Miss Derevko. She felt awkward to be around kids her age that spoke a different language but picked up a few words that her mother would sing to soothe her to sleep at night.

She came home to the mansion that day and cried for the rest of the day until her mother came and picked her up from the front hall. After Irina took her up to her office, Sydney stopped crying and buried her face into her mother’s chest.

“Will Daddy forget me?” her voice barely audible.

“No he won’t Sydney Anne. Later someone is going to visit you. Will you like that?”

Sydney nodded her head eagerly but was very disappointed. The person that came was a tall, mean looking man that taught her numerous languages. Frustration took over her as she tried to make sense of all the words her kept spitting out. Finally after a month, she learned the basics of Russian, Spanish, and more English.

Soon she was seven and her mother told her that a special person was going to see her. Again she was disappointed because the only person was a woman this time to teach her boxing and self-defense. The woman’s name was Tanya and she was thinly built and severe looking. Tanya bent down to wrap Sydney’s hands in tape. Sydney looked up at her wondering what she was suppose to do. After two hours worth of lectures, Sydney pounded at the long, red bag, her innocent mind becoming developing more rapidly.

After language lessons and self-defense lessons, she was allowed to visit her mother who was always in meetings with big people. But soon after Sydney gave up the thought that she would be able to see her father again and her home in Los Angeles.

---

Her thoughts came to a stop when she felt sark pass an arm around her shoulder to try to comfort her. Her instincts came in: she grabbed his hand, twisted it around his back, slammed him down on the floor, and pinned him down with her knees.

“Don’t ever touch me,” she said to him applying pressure between his shoulder blades.

“Okay, okay,” he gasped as she applied more pressure. Her tears that were falling fell on her face fell on his. She immediately stood up and went to her cabin. Sark followed her and yelled through the closed door, “You know your mother is worried about you? She thinks your not fit for duty.”

Hearing this worried her. If she failed it meant more lectures and more time training.

Finally they landed. She looked around and her eyes fell on a very handsome man with green eyes. She looked him up and down but stopped when he turned his way.

Vaughn stood at the gate, waiting for his partner, Agent Haley Anderson. His neck prickled and he felt like he was being watched. He turned around to see a dark haired woman looking at him but quickly averted her eyes. Finally his partner arrived and they headed for the Hilton hotel.

“What hotel are we staying at Sark?”

“Your mother booked the Hilton for us.”

---

So yeah? ya guys like?

Back