World Cup Germany 2006

it seems that this year not only they'll pick the best player of the world cup but also the best young player. The three top guys are Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
yeah.... they're all great.

Most noticingly score is by far the defeat from germany the rest of the results are a bit well not exciting.
The matches weren't that intersting... but it wasn't important anyways.

i cannot wait...should be great though yet again England's totally pompous and arrogant attitude is doing my head in. If England ever gave its sports stars the chance to succeed first without putting so much pressure on them by declaring they are going to win everything then we might actually win. They do it in every sport-football, rugby, cricket, athletics, tennis. We hardly EVER win anything and when we do we assume invicibility and lose it immediately. Give our potentials the chance to fulfil before declaring them amazing....

I will be honest... I don't think England will win...
I think Brazil, Argentina, Italy... are much better :smiley:

but good luck anyways. lol

Well what a bloody surprise...England were frackin disgraceful against Paraguay and only won because of an own goal from the opposing team. Yet again they fail to shine on the big stage despite having some great players. Bloody embarrassment.

On other world cup stuff....Equador were great

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO RULE ALL!!!! They were bloody fanrastc against Sweden...played with 10 men for the wholesecond half and still didn't concede a goal. England better beware...even though i'm English i'll secretly be hoping trinidad and Tobago beat them. My family are Jamaican but you know its close enough haha. Ivory Coast were brilliant against Argentina too...looks to be a interesting world cup.

allez les bleus !!!
J - 2 before france-suisse

i don't think brazil and england will win neither italy (i don't like them)
if france doesn't win i want tunisia or Ecuador
somebody that we don't expect

i'm sad for la cote d'ivoire i like them
hope they will play better !!!

GO FRANCE (i think 2-1 against Switzerland)

I'm for France and in my opinion we have a chance of winning with plp like Zidane, Ribéry who gets along with him really well, and let's not forget Trezeguet and Henry!
Brazil do have a chance, but they are too sure of themselves and all, I don't want them to win :P even if they have a great team. I don't know why but their behaviour is driving me crazy and all :blush:

actually I think is not Brazilian's behavior, I think it's more people putting too much pression in them... Jounalists, public and everything... because they have players like Ronaldinho and Kaka.
They may know they're good, but they also know there are other good teams. Ronaldinho is very humble and he's not that sure of himself, he knows they can fail :smiley:

Well what a bloody surprise...England were frackin disgraceful against Paraguay and only won because of an own goal from the opposing team. Yet again they fail to shine on the big stage despite having some great players. Bloody embarrassment.
I understand you.
Portugal did an horrible game against Angola tonight. the problem is that they start winning to soon in the match and then it's like they don't even care. I think it wa sthe same with England.
Well, I think when games start to complicate they will play better.

I think Neetherlands did a great game, and I'm thinking they can go far. :D yeah.. It's one of my favourites :smiley:

OMG GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!! 3-1 that was the best 3 goals in the last 8 minutes to steal the game off the Japanese EVER!!! (they shouldn't have allowed their goal anyway)

Tim Cahill your a God!!!!

Watch out everyone Australia is here to play!!!!

Go brazil!!! \o/ you can bring "hexa" to us!! hahahahah
well, this cup is very interesting... \o/. dificult, but interesting

im so happy

france won against spain
and i hope we will win against brazil like in 1998 with 2 but of zizou
it was a great match
nobody trusted them but they give us hope
that's what i like about them
like my father said "we made them eat THEIR paella" hope u understand

in france we don't like their trainer because on day he said to one of his player
"how can u have beeen beaten by a black (thierry henry)?" it's racism
pendant ce temps c'est qui qui t'as fais mordre la poussière hein???
1 noir (viera)1 arabe (zizou mon idole) et un blanc converti (ribery)

so now im going out because everybody are at the champs elysée right now
i m so happpppppppppppppppppppppy !!!!

++++

I am really not liking the refs in any of these matches.. they are missing way to many things... fouls in the box... it's killing me... also they are either really really firm to the point that they are wrong about offiside or they miss it completly errr, frustrating!!

About the refs...The worst was really for Australia in the last few days. I mean there shouldn't have been that penalty...They did a good match and to loose it on this was :( I was rooting for them during that match

Omg im new here and jus saw this topic, its been going on 4 ages, well done.

Well the world cup this year has been amazing. the stadiums are immense, well done the germans.

I was supporting the ghanayans after there win over the chehks but they lost against brazil. Gutted. They should have won it, its there own fault.
i guess now i have to support england. Even though there nt gonna win its a british thing where u still support them. So come on rooney.
I was really impressed with the aussies too, gutted for them. The argentinians look good but they can be beaten.
Whos gonna win it??? I dnt think any1 can say, its still open for any team.

France beat Brazil. HELL YEAH! It was a GREAT match. 2 really good teams playing against each other. The Brazilians seemed intimidated cuz I don't think they had actually played against a good team until then. And everyone thought France has been playing badly lately... they're coming back! Zidane and Henri played really well, the goal was superb! :D

Back