Politics World Hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdancer

Cadet
Every day, 24,000 people die from hunger-related causes. That means that in one week, more people will die from hunger than died in the tsunami. There is a way you can help. all you have to do is go to The Hunger Site | Help Fight Worldwide Hunger and click on the yellow button. That will automatically give one cup of free food to poverty stricken people in the world. It's free. It's easy. Please go to that site and then tell your friends.

you guys can try this thing called the 30-hour famine. my youth group is thinking about doing it on March 25-26. basically, you skip three meals and are only allowed to drink water and juice at that time.

the point is beforehand, you ask people to donate money ($1 provides 3 meals for a starving child). then during the famine, you can do various activities to educate yourselves on world starvation, poverty, homelessness, etc. and can do service in your community such as collecting cans for Second Harvest Food Bank or something like that. if interested, i can get you guys the website.

ps. 19,000 children die every day from starvation

Bump.

I think this is really important. We seem to spend a lot of time debating the less important things, and not enough in the 'serious' serious dicussion threads.

I've been visiting that site everyday for like the past year.

Everyone needs to do it. It's so simple and easy, plus it can really make a difference.

Not that I don't think this is a good cause, but how does clicking a button give them food? I mean we're not giving any money to them to provide these meals. Anyone care to explain how this works?

it's sponsored by many different corporations who get to advertise on the site, and they shell out the money for each click.

If someone put together a collection of links for the click a day sort of thing, I could pin one topic to the top of SD.

Just a thought.

wow. *reminds self to start clicking every day* it's so easy, that everyone should do it. i clicked them all (rainforest, hunger, children's health, animal feeding and breast cancer). it's a great idea to have these kinds of "clicking-sites", where "normal people" can do every day and click and by that help. i just really hope it works. :smiley: and that's a great idea, kewii. :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back