World Idol

Who do you think performed the best? (please do NOT vote for your country)

• Australia - Guy Sebastian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada - Ryan Malcolm

• Germany - Alexander Klaws

• Norway - Kurt Nilsen

• Pan Arabic - Diana Karazon

• Poland - Alicja Janosz

• South Africa - Heinz Winckler

• The Netherlands (Holland) - Jamai Loman

• United Kingdom - Will Young

• U.S.A. - Kelly Clarkson

• Total voters
Please vote for who YOU think gave the best performance...please DO NOT vote for your country, just like they did it on the show so that it's fair.

Please forgive me for not including Belgium - you're only allowed ten choices for a poll and ya he randomly got booted out of the list :(

If you WOULD have vote for him, please say so here.

Oops... I voted for Kelly before reading your post :P

But honestly I think Kelly did perform the best. She had the most vocal ability. Even all of the judges loved her. the Canadian judge was the only one who said something negative, but he began it with a compliment, and the UK judge said what he didn't enjoy, but he also said "There is no question about how good your voice is." Kelly is the biggest star out of all of them with the most success. She's undoubtedly World Idol quality. Even if she doesn't win, she deserves it and will be my World Idol :luv:

I don't know who my favorite was other than Kelly, but the only performance I did not enjoy was Alicja from Poland. She scared me :Ph34r:

Australian Guy Sebastian has a very good voice, but he didn't seem to tap into his vocal range. I could tell he was capable of more, but he didn't show it. His performance was above average, but it didn't blow me away.

I liked Canadian Ryan Malcolm. I don't know why the judges didn't enjoy him that much. He has a great voice with a good range, and he seems very passionate about singing.

German Alexander Claws... Well, I loved his performance because he was very energetic and the music was danceable. But that particular performance isn't World Idol worthy. I don't know if he could do better, but he certainly didn't show it.

Norwegian Kurt was good. Like the judges said, he could actually win.

Pan Arabic Diana Karazon has a good voice, enchanting like the Belgian judge said. But the language barrier prevents me from fully appreciating her talent. She has a powerful vocal range, but I didn't understand what she was saying, and the style was completely different from Western music. I assume she deserved to win Pan Arabic Idol because she has an awesome voice, but she was on a different stage at World Idol. It's not fair, but unfortunately she won't win.

Polish girl scared me.

South African Heinz Winckler was also really good. He was very dead though. He should have moved and showed more passion. But other than that, he has an amazing voice. He hit the highs and lows and was very strong. I don't know why the judges didn't enjoy him besides his lack of charisma.

Dutch Jamai Loman was also really good. Again, I don't know why the judges didn't enjoy him. His performance was very engaging and passionate.

British Will Young didn't perform as good as I was expecting. His performance was ok, not outstanding. He could have chosen a better song that showed off his talent.

Belgium was also really good. He definitely brought a different aspect to the show. It was unfair that some of the judges called him unreal because he really enjoys rocking on.

American Idol Kelly Clarkson=World Idol :D

I don't remember but i think that Simon is being a bad example of an american he's saying everyone else is infereior though some americans think that i think that is very self centered and wrong

I'm Canadian and I don't like our idol :P The guy who should have won looked and sounded like Stevie Wonder.
Anyways, the person who should win (hands down) is Pan Arabic idol Diana Karazon. She is disgustingly beautiful and talented.

~~Spongy!

ILoveVartan said:
LOL i love that

" disgustingly beautiful and talented." ya i didn't care that i couldn't understand what she said it sounded really pretty
lol, yah, I use that saying because when I see a person who is really beautiful I refer to them being so beautiful to the point that it disgusts me :lol:

~~Spongy!

Yeah, the Pan Arabic girl is really beautiful. But although she has a good voice, I wouldn't give her my vote because her singing was not my style. ;)

ILoveVartan Dec 26 2003 said:
I don't remember but i think that Simon is being a bad example of an american he's saying everyone else is infereior though some americans think that i think that is very self centered and wrong
I know.. He said there are no good singers from the Netherlands. But he defended Kelly so he's the best :P

SpongeBobSquarePants Dec 26 2003 said:
I'm Canadian and I don't like our idol  The guy who should have won looked and sounded like Stevie Wonder.
:lol: I've heard quite a few Canadians say that. But I liked Ryan Malcolm's performance. He has a great voice.

Comments on Kelly:

"I imagine that Carol King has two things to be very thankful for. Aretha Franklin is one of them and you're the other."
--South African judge. Very good compliment.

"Kelly, it's impossibe to say anything negative about this performance. This is how Carol King meant this song to be, and you've got one of the most stunning voices I've heard in the last couple of years."
Judge, but I don't know which country he's from

"You don't need to win this competition. You already are a World Idol, frankly. I think you're the real deal."
-Another judge

Go Kelly. Go Kelly. :groupwave::groupwave:

I'm from Oz and of course loved Guy's performance!!! But cuz we can't vote for our own, I voted for Kurt - I loved his version of Beautiful Day! And U2 isn't particulary easy to sing!

I thought Kelly did well, but I've heard better performances by her.

Go The Fro!!!!!!!

Kelly

thanks a lot all you americans for voting for kelly clarkson even though it says RIGHT IN THE QUESTION please don't vote for your country.

Polish girl scared me.

ditto

The last guy, Kurt was quite good with Beautiful Day but his voice sounded very much lik U2’s lead singer Bono’s voice, so I don’t think it stood out as much as it would have if he had picked a different song.

Kelly Clarkson was really good and her vocal range is really excellent I really liked her song choice too considering she doesn't sing RnB.

I really didn’t like the Polish judge and his comments. I think instead of listening to their performances he was busy writing that little bit that he had to say, trying to make it different and “funny” (Notice the quotation marks) it was just ended up being brutal and really quite annoying.
I agree with Simon, they should have hired a tortoise!

About Guy (I’m an Aussie) his song choice was great and the arrngement of the song was even better (he aranged it himself) but your right in saying that he didn't get to truly show his whole vocal range, I think it was because of the coment made by the UK judge I think about Kelly Clarkson and how he didn't like her 'trills and frills'!

Anyway I think they all did really well considering they were all representing there countries! :D

Go the fro!!! (y)

nattie

I liked the U2 performance by Kurt
and I also liked the performance by the guy who did Nirvana.

And about the Canadian idol thing. Do you mean Gary as the Stevie Wonder like guy?? I did not like him at all.

I really liked the guy who got voted out third. I think his name was Billy.

I am from the US and I really didn't like Kelly's performance. Maybe it's because she bugs me. Anyways, I too was expecting a better performance from Will Young because he totally rocks!!! (Although Gareth Gates is better than Will, lol ;) ) But anyways, I would vote for him just because I know he is usually much, much better than that.

Or I would maybe give my vote to the south african hottie Heinz Winckler! Gosh, he is sooo cute!!! If only American Idol had cuties like that competing.... :sigh:

im from the uk and want to just say how good will young is.i didn't watch pop idol but i liked will young from his songs after the show. his song "leave right now" is one of the best of the year. he has a great unique voice and a cool personality. i don;t think "light my fire" was his best song to sing because it didn't show his range enough.

as i can't vote for will of course i voted for kelly. she's amazing. i think she's the best female singer around. obviously living in a different country i never saw american idol but she is so good and i love her song low. The album is great too.

I'd love will and kelly to come first and second but i don't mind which order. i thought kurt had a good voice but not a great voice and it was more like he was trying to sound like bono then be individual. can't wait for the results.

vaughnandsydney said:
Or I would maybe give my vote to the south african hottie Heinz Winckler! Gosh, he is sooo cute!!!
LOL.....he is sooooo hot. i never even knew guys like that exsisted in south africa! ahhh...and hes a law student as well!!! wotta complete package!!! :rolleyes:

kelly was really good. i have a feeling she will world idol. but i wish guy wins. hes really good. but if he wanted to show his vocal range he should have sung the version of "climb every mountain". now his version of climb every mountain made me an instant fan.

(y) GO THA FRO!!!!! (y)

I know!!! I too did not know guys like Heinz existed in South Africa, lol! Yeah, Guy seems like he is a good singer but I really wasn't feeling his song. And I know Australia has some awesome singers, such as Holly Valance and Delta Goodrem! I love them both!!

Yeah, I also think Kelly will win World Idol. I really hope Will wins though. :smiley:

litlle_miss_vaughn said:
im from the uk and want to just say how good will young is.i didn't watch pop idol but i liked will young from his songs after the show. his song "leave right now" is one of the best of the year. he has a great unique voice and a cool personality. i don;t think "light my fire" was his best song to sing because it didn't show his range enough.

as i can't vote for will of course i voted for kelly. she's amazing. i think she's the best female singer around. obviously living in a different country i never saw american idol but she is so good and i love her song low. The album is great too.

I'd love will and kelly to come first and second but i don't mind which order. i thought kurt had a good voice but not a great voice and it was more like he was trying to sound like bono then be individual. can't wait for the results.
Will 🤤
That man is the personification of attractive, atleast to me
Man, I'm moving to the U.K :cool:

~~Spongy!