World Idol

Who do you think performed the best? (please do NOT vote for your country)

• Australia - Guy Sebastian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada - Ryan Malcolm

• Germany - Alexander Klaws

• Norway - Kurt Nilsen

• Pan Arabic - Diana Karazon

• Poland - Alicja Janosz

• South Africa - Heinz Winckler

• The Netherlands (Holland) - Jamai Loman

• United Kingdom - Will Young

• U.S.A. - Kelly Clarkson

• Total voters
Alexander (Germany) wasn't really that good but surprisingly, the tone-deaf Pan Arab nation voted him first and placed Kelly 7th?

Jamai (Holland) chose a good ol' Elton John song and I thought he did well.

Malcolm (Canada) should have been in the top 5. i thought he was definitely competition for Kelly.

Heinz (South Africa), like what most people think, wasn't too involved with the song. I actually liked that Aerosmith song and thought he sang it well.

Alex (Poland) again chose a good song (from Jesus Christ Superstar), but there were some...awkward parts. i think that just singing in English showed her courage, cuz Polish is quite different from English

Diana (Pan Arab) had a beautiful voice. At first the singing in a different language was a bit distracting, but like the Australian? judge said, music breaks down language barriers.

Guy (Australia) actually looks like this guy that graduated from my school last year. i thought his performance was ok.

Peter (Belgium) was.....interesting......

Will (UK) wasn't as good as i thought he was going to be, being the first Pop Idol and all.

Kelly (US) was great, but i felt she could have done better. i think she tried too hard to show people her voice that it might have hurt her a bit.

Kurt (Norway) was good, but i didn't feel that he should have beat Kelly (but maybe that's cuz i'm a bit biased towards Kelly)

the_alliance said:
Alexander (Germany) wasn't really that good but surprisingly, the tone-deaf Pan Arab nation voted him first and placed Kelly 7th?
Either they have different tastes or there was some political issues going on :lol:

Kelly (US) was great, but i felt she could have done better. i think she tried too hard to show people her voice that it might have hurt her a bit.
One reason is because she was sick. That girl is always sick. :lol:
But she doesn't perform live as well as she used to back in the American Idol days. She's put too much stress on her voice so it might be damaged (which I hope it's not.. And sometimes she sings well, so I guess she just has off days). And in American Idol, she was impressing people with her vocal range. Now she's just pleasing her fans and being herself, so her voice is definitely a bit different at times.

Kurt (Norway) was good, but i didn't feel that he should have beat Kelly (but maybe that's cuz i'm a bit biased towards Kelly)
Even with my unbiased opinion, I think there are other people besides Kelly who deserved to win. Kurt was good, but he wasn't outstanding. There are some factors that led to his win--he performed last, so he's stuck on everyone's minds. The Hobbit comment by the Aussie judge gave him a trademark that stuck. Bad looks often transform into a unique cuteness (like Clay was a dork, but people now think he's adorable). The judges liked him, but some of their negative comments may have resulted in sympathy for the underdog. And because Simon said he was a potent winner, that put him in the hype reel. If he performed second and wasn't called a Hobbit, I don't think he would have won. I thought Ryan and even Heinz performed better.

Also, politics played a role here. It doesn't matter to me whether Kelly won or not (although it would be great if she did), but like others have said, would an American really win the competition? :lol: Maybe Clay can prove that the world isn't entirely anti-American.

Jamai (Holland) chose a good ol' Elton John song and I thought he did well.

Malcolm (Canada) should have been in the top 5. i thought he was definitely competition for Kelly.
I also liked Jamai's and Ryan's performance. I don't know why they did so bad. Maybe because the judges didn't like them much, which shows that they do play a role in audience's voting. Sometimes, though, voters could go the opposite way--giving a contestant the sympathy vote or not voting for a person because s/he's overly praised.

Not sure if I'm gonna watch AI3. I didn't get into AI2, but I do like Clay, so maybe I'll watch AI3.

I recognized Kelly doing that song during AI, and she did it better the first time. I remember when she hit the high note (which she didn't do during WI) and that was one of the first times I just dropped my jaw and was wowed beyond words. I was dissapointed she didn't hit it during WI, because I think that would have been amazing.

For those who thought Kelly was sore :smiley:lol:smiley:, here's what Ryan Malcolm's stepmom said about here:

"Through dinner Ryan couldn't keep still of course, and kept wandering from table to table talking to the other idols. He introduced his father to Kelly, and she came over with Ryan and John to meet me. We had our picture taken together. Suzanne took a lot of pictures, and she said she would send me copies. I'm going to email CTV to see if I can get them. Kelly had been really sick with strep throat all week, but she still was just an absolute sweetheart. Everyone thought she was upset when Kurt won, but she wasn't. She was just so sick and had a high fever, that she could hardly sit up strait on the couch. They had to keep giving her a glass of water through the breaks. She is too down to earth, and too nice to ever be upset that Kurt won."