Horror World War Z

Shelley_c

Ensign
Quite surprised to see Brad Pitt in a zombie movie but boy, does the trailer look awesome with those extremely fast moving zombies.

What do you think of the trailer? I actually am looking forward to this movie due to be release in June 2013. Thoughts on the upcoming movie?

It looks...interesting. They don't really seem like zombies, more like super human crazy people similar to a Resident Evil game I played once. They look like normal people, so they may not be exactly zombies and more like just infected. Cause zombies are people who die and come back, example: In the Walking Dead you get scratched, bit then you die and then come back after that if you aren't torn to pieces. Infected would be similar to the Left 4 Dead games, seeing as when the characters are bit and scratched they don't turn. I might watch this, just want to see more since this reminds me of "I Am Legend" at the moment.

It looks...interesting. They don't really seem like zombies, more like super human crazy people similar to a Resident Evil game I played once. They look like normal people, so they may not be exactly zombies and more like just infected. Cause zombies are people who die and come back, example: In the Walking Dead you get scratched, bit then you die and then come back after that if you aren't torn to pieces. Infected would be similar to the Left 4 Dead games, seeing as when the characters are bit and scratched they don't turn. I might watch this, just want to see more since this reminds me of "I Am Legend" at the moment.

I have to agree. They do resemble more like crazy type infected super humans than zombies. Again agreeing on the part you mentioned that it resembles "I am Legend" but before i make that judgment call personally I want to see more of it. Eitherway, this is on my watchlist and I'm personally going out of my way to watch this one. I'm still struggling how Brad Pitt got casted in this one, it's not one of his usual roles so it's going to be interesting to see him in this one.

I have to agree. They do resemble more like crazy type infected super humans than zombies. Again agreeing on the part you mentioned that it resembles "I am Legend" but before i make that judgment call personally I want to see more of it. Eitherway, this is on my watchlist and I'm personally going out of my way to watch this one. I'm still struggling how Brad Pitt got casted in this one, it's not one of his usual roles so it's going to be interesting to see him in this one.

Oh, I will probably still go see it too. Though right now it looks meh. Plus "Stay in your car now"...Stay in my vehicle my ass, cause ya know...that always works out for people who listen to that. Everyone knows that when a cop or some sort of official tells you to stay in your vehicle means you should probably not stay in your vehicle, in movies anyways. XD

Looks slick, just the other day I saw Machine Gun Preacher made by the same director. I'm really looking forward to it as Marc Forster really proved his worth to me.

I'm going to wait for a rental. I just don't like the cg on those zombies and the 'ant like'/'lemming' effect.
It's like something I would see on sci-fi, but it made it to the big screen because of brad lol

Definitely looks like an interesting movie, but it will never be a zombie classic, like everyone says, they just seem to be infected, not zombified.

I am stuck on the whole zombies are SLOW and DUMB. Maybe I am just to old-school. :cigar:

I'll watch it, because it seems interesting, but as stated above... I don't think this will ever turn into a cult classic by any stretch.

Same here, mainly because if they weren't I wouldnt be able to accept the fact that in that situation I would not be prepared for a zombie apocalypse

I am stuck on the whole zombies are SLOW and DUMB. Maybe I am just to old-school. :cigar:

I'll watch it, because it seems interesting, but as stated above... I don't think this will ever turn into a cult classic by any stretch.

I agree this will never be a cult classic, or even a classic for that matter. The only recent present day zombie movie I'd remotely class as a classic is 28 days later because it was a never before tried method that zombies or rather infected moved fast which actually worked well for this movie.

That being said you'll never beat the old classics like evil dead, dawn of the dead (1970s version) City of the living dead. IMO.

Hmm I still think I won't watch this cause it don't really fit my blood lust and by that I mean a movie WD style or classic zombie like pet semetary.

Hmm I still think I won't watch this cause it don't really fit my blood lust and by that I mean a movie WD style or classic zombie like pet semetary.
To be honest I hate (Well I guess this would be more about just horror movies overall but zombie movies fall under that too I guess) when they make the movie just all gore. Like they try to gross you out for the most part and not actually try and scare. I watch zombie movies to get my heart pumping, getting under the covers, lifting my feet off the floor and clinging to the person next to me, not to get queasy and end up hurling cause they have to shower the whole movie with blood guts ect.

To be honest I hate (Well I guess this would be more about just horror movies overall but zombie movies fall under that too I guess) when they make the movie just all gore. Like they try to gross you out for the most part and not actually try and scare. I watch zombie movies to get my heart pumping, getting under the covers, lifting my feet off the floor and clinging to the person next to me, not to get queasy and end up hurling cause they have to shower the whole movie with blood guts ect.
To be honest I didn't mean gore XD.

I'm still struggling how Brad Pitt got casted in this one, it's not one of his usual roles so it's going to be interesting to see him in this one.
Oooh, oooh, I know the answer to this one! :D

The book the movie is based on is a fictional collection of reports from a UN worker as he traveled the globe after the outbreak. Each report dealt with different parts of the world. The movie is very loosely based on that premise but differs in that the book and original cut of the movie was less action and more political statement. Pitt has publicly stated that he is not happy that the movie went from a political social commentary to being a straight action movie.

... and, yes, the zombies in the movie were more of the traditional slow walkers type. The 'swarm' mentality & speed of the movie zombies was not the book authors treatment of them as he based the ones in the book from his own zombie survival guide book.

Would you pay $50 to see World War Z? Paramount and Regal Entertainment Group think you will!

Regal, a national chain of US movie theaters, in conjunction with Paramount will be offering a a "mega ticket" in five US cities. For $50 movie watchers will be able to watch the movie two prior to its public release, get a digital copy of the movie when it becomes available, a pair of Real 3D glasses to watch the movie with, a WWZ poster and a small popcorn. Note that it is $50 per person.

“Regal is pleased to offer this ultimate fan event at five locations in conjunction with our partners at Paramount Pictures,” said Ken Thewes, chief marking officer for Regal Entertainment Group. “The interest and anticipation for Brad Pitt’s latest thriller is at a fever pitch and this World War Z mega ticket offers a unique experience for our patrons.”​

The movie is scheduled to open nationwide in the US on June 21. Those interested in purchasing a "mega ticket" can get more information online at Watch World War Z | DVD/Blu-ray or Streaming | Paramount Movies.

The five locations offering the "mega ticket" promotion are below.
  • Orange County: Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 Imax & RPX
  • Houston: Edwards Greenway Grand Palace Stadium 24 & RPX
  • San Diego: Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18 Imax & RPX
  • Atlanta: Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 16 Imax & RPX
  • Philadelphia: UA King of Prussia Stadium 16 Imax

Would you pay $50 to see World War Z?
No and heck no! Let's see...
  • $50 per person to see a movie?! Are they nuts? That is a couple of months subscription cost to Netflix and/or Hulu. :eek:
  • 3D glasses generally suck for people who wear prescription glasses. :geek:
  • For $50 you only get a small popcorn and not even a drink? :coffee:
  • The movie is not even a faithful adaption of the book. :bookworm:
  • So a digital copy, not even an actual DVD or Blu-Ray? :oldman:

Back