Worst Book you've read?

What is the worst book you have ever read? One that absoutly made you want to burn the book? Mine are a tie between Brave New World and Fareinhiet 458. How about you guys?

Ernest Hemingway's The old man and the sea. It was boring and I didn't get most of what hell that book was about. Maybe I'm too dumb to understand it... :blink:

I didn't really like The Scarlet Letter or The Great Gatsby...but that's just me
So many people dislike The Great Gatsby... but I really enjoyed it. ;)

One of the worst books I've ever read was The Education of Little Tree . I had to read it for school one year... I think I fell asleep everytime I tried to read it...

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe and Scarlett: The Sequel to Gone With the Wind by Alexandra Ripley. They are so boring :asleep:

What is the worst book you have ever read? One that absoutly made you want to burn the book? Mine are a tie between Brave New World and Fareinhiet 458. How about you guys?

I toatlly agree with you on Farinhiet 458 :o_O: It was so boring. If we didn't have to read it for class I never would have finished it. Or started it for that matter! :D

I didn't really like The Scarlet Letter or The Great Gatsby...but that's just me
ew yea i didnt like either of those...
i'd say that i disliked 90% of the books i had to read for school, but the absolute worst book i have ever read would definitely be Wicked: The Life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West. Which is fairly ironic because WIcked the musical is like the best musical ever... but the book was not only boring but just so generally MESSED UP and disturbing i only got though half of it

How can you NOT like the Great Gatsby!!! That book has sooo much double meaning behind it and it represents things back then that are happening now in an everyday life. He wrote the book before he even knew all of this... all of the coincidences he wrote out piece by piece this book took him some 5 years to write and even when the book we being published he was still trying to change things to make them better. This book is probably one of the best-written books I have read.

That being said the worst book I have ever read would have to be Great Expectations....I just couldn’t do it I had to read it for class and It nearly ruined my grade

Jane Eyre... man i hated that book with a passion. The movie wasn't much better (we watched it in class after we read the book... as if we hadn't been tortured enough...)

Pride and Prejudice was one of the books that made me sign up for British Literature so I could get a chance to read it. But it just disappointed me. Just a bit.

Back