Worst Sci Fi Movies

I think there incredibly bad SF-movie in the B an C category, also from Italy, Japan or Turkey.
Some examples: "Turkish Star Wars" aka "The Man Who Saves the World" and its sequel
"Turks in space" aka "Son of the Man Who Saves the World" (yikes!),
"Süpermen dönüyor", "Star Crash" with David Hasselhoff, etc. One could go on and on.
But my personal favorite is the mustachioed RoboCop-RipOff "R.O.T.O.R"!
I rented this flick back in the 80s from our local video store with a friend, when we wanted to see anything Robo-like. Most of it was pretty bad of course, but this really took the cake! Oh man!
Read the reviews at imdb or take a look:

Trying to remember one. Not that it was that bad, but it really didn't explain anything.
A bunch of people were hold up in a grocery store with pigeon sized mosquitoes, and they sent someone out with a rope around his waist and the rope was pulled through their hands.
Some tentacles came under the rear roll up door and took a bite out of a clerk.
Can't remember the name or any of the stars in it.
Some scientists, probably military, opened a doorway to a parallel universe, and all types of creepy things poured through.
The ending was dark (I disapprove of happy endings), so that's why I remember.
If anyone knows the name, I'll probably try and order it.
Thanks in advance!

Trying to remember one. Not that it was that bad, but it really didn't explain anything.
A bunch of people were hold up in a grocery store with pigeon sized mosquitoes, and they sent someone out with a rope around his waist and the rope was pulled through their hands.
Some tentacles came under the rear roll up door and took a bite out of a clerk.
Can't remember the name or any of the stars in it.
Some scientists, probably military, opened a doorway to a parallel universe, and all types of creepy things poured through.
The ending was dark (I disapprove of happy endings), so that's why I remember.
If anyone knows the name, I'll probably try and order it.
Thanks in advance!

It is Frank Darabont's adaptation of Stephen King's "The Mist" IIRC.
I think it is aktually a pretty good movie IMHO.
Sure, it appears rather cheesy at times, but nonetheless...

The last godawful SF movie I've watched was the dreadful remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. The only entertaining moment was Klaatu/Keanu Reeves' lie-detector interrogation scene.

3735-2008-12-15-19:59:19_7.jpg

Otherwise, that movie was crapola. Robot Gort was reduced to a CGI dirty cloud of nano-dust, the same cheap money-saving trick used for Galactus in the second Fantastic Four movie.

After seeing this awful remake, my belief that film companies (and many other corporations) are controlled by morons was reaffirmed. That's why they hire and reward clueless jokers who make films as bad as this.

I've watched was the dreadful remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still movie was crapola. Robot Gort was reduced to a CGI dirty cloud of nano-dust, the same cheap money-saving trick used for Galactus in the second Fantastic Four movie.

You're not kidding about Fantastic Four 2, I was in shock at how sickeningly bad it was. I've been a fan of The Fantastic Four since I was child, but this sequel............is like a steaming pile of ****! I was already warned about the Keanu movie, thank goodness I didn't waste my time veiwing it.

I'm a huge fan of the original 'The Day The Earth Stood Still.' I haven't seen the re-make, nor do I intend to. Keanu as Klaatu? I don't think so.

I've been greatly dissapointed by both the Fantastic 4 movies. And now I hear the Human Torch is going to play Capt. America. Oy.

I'm a huge fan of the original 'The Day The Earth Stood Still.' I haven't seen the re-make, nor do I intend to. Keanu as Klaatu? I don't think so.

Actually, I thought Keanu's performance as a quirky, deadpan Klaatu wasn't the worst part of that film, though it was totally outclassed by the confident, Christ-like Klaatu (Michael Rennie) in the original. My beef was the remake's idiotic plot and disappointing special effects. I think most serious SF fans would recognize the original 1951 film as a classic, dated though it may be. It's just a crying shame that the remake strayed so far from the grandeur of its predecessor. What a wasted opportunity, the chance to retell one of the best first contact stories.

I remember the 70s 'Black Hole' wi Yvette Mimieux, Tony Perkins and Maximillian Schell. even had cute wall-e type robots. horrid.

and 'Saturn 3', a waste of Farrah. 'It's everybody's fault!'

as I recall, these were both big-budget 'A' movies with high expectations, thus all the more disappointing.

Worst Sci Fi Movies and some that weren't so bad

I remember the 70s 'Black Hole' Horrid.

and 'Saturn 3', a waste of Farrah. 'It's everybody's fault!'

I agree with you Screenersam about Disney's The BLACKHOLE, the film had lots of talented actors that were wasted and the plot was brought down to a "kiddy" level where cuteness replaced seriousness. The film could have been so much better, but unfortunately Disney wanted to put out a sci-fi flick so they could have an incredible and successful movie for all ages like STAR WARS. The ending of the film had people confused and trying to figure out what the movie was really all about. I'd say it was about an hour too long.

For me SATURN 3 was a weird science fiction film that I could tell it was going to become a cult classic, it had an eerie dark creepiness to the movie which unfolded like a sci-fi horror comic from the 1950's. Since I was a fan of that type of comicbook-like themed movie, I enjoyed it. I know the film is was not liked by most, but it was recieved well by those who enjoy movies that don't follow the normal situations of typical films.

Harvey Keitel was a hoot with the dialogue that was written for him, saying things to Hector the robot like "Wheel and peditate", or telling Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett not to touch the robot by saying "No taction contact!"

Back