Would you play Diablo 3 the MMO

Would you give D3 a go?

• Total voters

Aries

Cadet
Seeing just how successful WoW has become, Blizzard has plans to release Diablo 3 as a MMO. As rumor has it:

"Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking …
Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell …
Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability …
Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it."

forum_diablo3.jpg

Diablo 2 was the best game ever made. Even with the shittiness that is battle.net, it was a fun game to play online and would have made an exceptional mmo, so i'd play d3 without doubt.

I would definatly play Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was amazing, and gave me hundreds of hours of entertainment. Sadly enough, most of it was from farming.

Pindle runs turned into pindle bot.
Meph runs turned into meph bot.

For some reason everytime I woke up seemed like Christmas. Time to run downstairs, and see if a WF dropped!

I'm definitely going to play it when it comes out. Diablo 2 was the most addicting game I've ever played. The MF'ing, the PK'ing, the Cow runs, the Duping (lolz), and many other features I'm to lazy to name. Ah good times. :smiley:

Originally posted by Chaotic@Feb 28 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm definitely going to play it when it comes out. Diablo 2 was the most addicting game I've ever played. The MF'ing, the PK'ing, the Cow runs, the Duping (lolz), and many other features I'm to lazy to name. Ah good times. :smiley:
Indeed good times =)
duping ;)

You do know that the news post and the box art are fake, right? Someone made that box art for an art project and posted it up on DiabloII.net and someone else (kotaku, I think?) made a fake news post with some attached Diablo 3 info.

In any case, I wouldn't play it. The original developers of Diablo and Diablo 2 are long gone from Blizzard. They're making Hellgate: London, an action RPG with MMO features like 40+ man raids, minus the bad things about MMOs like grinding and being pigeonholed into playing a specific class just to fit into a raid.

Every class is viable to solo, so you don't need a pure tank (who does no damage) or a pure healer (who can't do anything on his own) fit in a group or anything like that.

You really should look it up.

Hmm I kinda agree with Sol, but still Blizzard is a great company, and I am sure they could come up with something on Diablo 3. In fact, I'm sure if they made a Diablo 3 it would still be great even without the old developers.

However, about Hellgate:London. That game looks freaking amazing, the graphics are awsome, and from what I'm reading about the content its sure to be a hit! As big of hit as Hero's Journey, probably, probably more. But I'm also not all into the old fantasy/futuristic hybrid game either ;)

Thats just my opinon.

Never played D2 but i heard alot about it and from what i was told it was great. If they made a D3 i might give it a go but i would first read up on it after launch and see what others have to say about it that have actually played it.

Originally posted by HJ-Rowell@Mar 28 2006, 07:08 PM
By far the best graphics engine for a game: Project Offset
I was watching movies on that like 3 months ago. It is the most amazing engine I've ever seen. I don't think the Hero'sEngine could compete!

To put this topic back on track... hell yeah I'd play D3. I was so addicted to D2, I think I made a level 50+ of almost every single playable class. My favorite was my Necromancer. I remember one time I decided to try hacking the game and I made a 99999 Necro, dueled a barb, and conjured up a screen full of skeletons to chase him. I laughed as he tried to use his barbarian jump to get me and couldn't.

Probably wouldnt touch it. Got really bored with Diablo, so much so that I never tried D2 and seeing what Blizzard did with WoW? Nah, I'll definatly pass that that.

Well Diablo was always on of the fantasy RPG/Action games out there that had a great feel to it game play wise, story wise, lore wise, everything and it didn't have elves, hobbits, orc-things to muddle it all up. I think it'd make an excellent MMO, but how much of all of 'greats' known about it would be lost in transition? I'd play it to at least try it. Hell I played EQ 2 on and off 3 times.

Luciro said:
Hell I played EQ 2 on and off 3 times.

3 times!? :eek: That is machochistic bottom feeding at its worst! :P I stopped playing after the first time the EQ2 'cupcake of eternal mundaneness' shocked me.

I didn't care much for Diablo or D2... They reminded me too much of the time I spent $40 dollars in quarters in the 'Gauntlet' arcade game in one, insane Saturday afternoon. I still have nervous twitches from that day.

Diablo 3 probably won't be made for quite some time yet. Blizzard wouldn't want to draw users away from World of Warcraft.

That said, if there were a Diablo MMO, I'd play. There aren't any horror or semi-horror MMOs out there yet.

Back