Would you play Diablo 3 the MMO

Would you give D3 a go?

• Total voters
lol I heard something about them making World of Starcraft (I dont know why they called it WORLD of starcraft, but whatever.) and World of Diablo. Than they are making it so Shamans will be on alliance and paladins on horde in the expansion. So I quit WOW and refuse to play another blizzard MMO until they stop being retarded.

Personally, it would depend on how much they alter the original vision of the game. With how WoW handled PvP, I would have no faith at all in Blizzard to make a Diablo 3 the way it should be. What's the way it should be?

To start with, it should have PvP with meaning. After all, the theme surrounding the Diablo games is a very cruel and harsh one. I don't trust Blizzard to create a good PvP system, and probably wouldn't play Diablo 3 if they ever truly decided to make it. (Not that they ever will)

Luciro said:
Well Diablo was always on of the fantasy RPG/Action games out there that had a great feel to it game play wise, story wise, lore wise, everything and it didn't have elves, hobbits, orc-things to muddle it all up. I think it'd make an excellent MMO, but how much of all of 'greats' known about it would be lost in transition? I'd play it to at least try it. Hell I played EQ 2 on and off 3 times.
Heh, funny, but I'm pretty sure fantasy as we know it these days is directly descended from Tolkien's books... so having Elves, Hobbits and Orcs would be purer fantasy, whereas having other things like Amazons, Necromancers, Assassins, Druids, goatmen, etc. would be muddled. How soon we forget ours roots. ;) That said, I can certainly see your point that if every game always had Tolkien-esque elements and only Tolkien-esque elements, it'd get pretty stale very quickly. Just thought I'd do a bit of Tolkien image control. :D

Since my vote bumped it...

No. Never. Not in a million years. I have no confidence in Blizzard to put out an MMO that's unlike WoW; and that's what I want to play, because despite the difficulty of levelling up in games like GS, DR, and to a lesser extent EQ and EQ2, that's what made the levels such an achievement.

I also have no confidence for them to keep expanding the game with an believability once Diablo and the other major baddies from the previous games had been exhausted.

Back