WoW - Burning Crusade - 10 day free trial

I received this email today:

Try World of Warcraft(R): The Burning Crusade(TM) 10 Days FREE*!
*Only previous and current World of Warcraft retail account holders are eligible

You've taken Azeroth by storm. Now a dark frontier awaits. Take on hundreds of new quests, acquire powerful new gear, and travel the shattered skies of Outland with your own flying mount! All of these experiences and more are yours to discover in the first expansion to World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade.

Enable your World of Warcraft account to play the new Burning Crusade content for 10 Days FREE by following these easy steps:
-------------------------

I've been strong enough to avoid buying the Burning Crusade thus far, but, free.. is.. so good.
Must... resist... temptation... @-)

Imagine there being a tall, skinny, mostly blonde race with pointy ears...

This is what WoW is now. Much of the population is now of the blood elf sort. Or, so I hear..

Noooo! Must. Resist. Addiction. Relapse. I've been clean for 1 year, must not go back...
Most of my old guild is still active in the game so I know that if I went back in, even for just 10 days, they'd convince me to stay.

I might go back to WoW. But the general populace shuns me for two reasons.

1.) I don't do quests. EVER.
2.) DW Fury Warrior in PvE and PvP.

I've been strong enough to avoid buying the Burning Crusade thus far, but, free.. is.. so good.

It's a good trick by them. The content that you first play when you enter the Outland is very fun at first and they give you tons to do. Then you move on to the next zone and realize that msot of the fun quests/content was in he first zone and you begin the grind to 70. Then you eventually get to 70 and realize that they botched the end game up and it's not worth playing. Basically, they will have successfully suckered you into buying the expansion for $50 and renewing your account for at least a month for another $15.

It's a good trick by them. The content that you first play when you enter the Outland is very fun at first and they give you tons to do. Then you move on to the next zone and realize that msot of the fun quests/content was in he first zone and you begin the grind to 70. Then you eventually get to 70 and realize that they botched the end game up and it's not worth playing. Basically, they will have successfully suckered you into buying the expansion for $50 and renewing your account for at least a month for another $15.

I've actually heard some very positive reviews of Outland. Personal opinions and all that, but basically if you liked WoW, TBC is supposed to be an excellent expansion and quite alot of fun. If you don't like WoW, then there is probably nothing new that will interest you.

I think I hate Burning Crusade based only on the fact that the stupid cinematic videos in their ads play -constantly- at DragonRealms warcry site (Crossroad of Elanthia) and lag me all to hells while I'm trying to play and look at maps.

I've actually heard some very positive reviews of Outland. Personal opinions and all that, but basically if you liked WoW, TBC is supposed to be an excellent expansion and quite alot of fun. If you don't like WoW, then there is probably nothing new that will interest you.

That basically sums it up. Also I want to add, the Draenei starting quests are pretty neat. It's nice to read lore on a race that is completely honorable, noble and good.

Well, if you start playing, you will stop when you help a hunter guy to collect wolf tails (OMG a high level rat-tail quest.. and in an expansion?!)...

Can you imagine the burning crusade questwriter?
"Hey guys, I got this idea for a quest... it is this hunter, who ..well, dont hunt... and he ask the player to collect rat tail... I mean WOLF tails! Isn't that the best quest ever??? and that's not all...*questwriter jumps up and down* The drop rate must be below 1%, as these rats...damn, I mean WOLF'S don't always have a tail!!... oh... btw, can I get a raise?"

..so free ain't always good

Well, if you start playing, you will stop when you help a hunter guy to collect wolf tails (OMG a high level rat-tail quest.. and in an expansion?!)...

Can you imagine the burning crusade questwriter?
"Hey guys, I got this idea for a quest... it is this hunter, who ..well, dont hunt... and he ask the player to collect rat tail... I mean WOLF tails! Isn't that the best quest ever??? and that's not all...*questwriter jumps up and down* The drop rate must be below 1%, as these rats...damn, I mean WOLF'S don't always have a tail!!... oh... btw, can I get a raise?"

..so free ain't always good

Ugh, the quest writing in WoW... "Great as Khor'Zahn's flaming navel! It's hot there!" ... ugh.

I kept think of Will Farrel yelling "Great Odin's Raven!" While Will Farrel humor is funny to me, as I've mentioned in previous posts, the point THAT is funny is that it's dumb. WoW constantly, I found, drags you out of the game and makes you remember that you're only playing a "silly game." While this is a good point to remember if you get TOO into things, they also add rep grinding which honestly means they want you to invest a TON of time in it to get anything nice.

A game like DR, however, lets you gain advancement points and such just by sitting around... RPing... talking, being creative. Why I loved it. Hopefully HJ will live up to that.

I mean, every game has to have simple quests, I am sure. "Kill X of X," "Find item X," or whatever... but it's questlines that have a STORY that I love. Hopefully HJ will incorporate that, or, hopefully I can be accepted as a GM and help write them! :D

A game like DR, however, lets you gain advancement points and such just by sitting around... RPing... talking, being creative. Why I loved it. Hopefully HJ will live up to that.

I mean, every game has to have simple quests, I am sure. "Kill X of X," "Find item X," or whatever... but it's questlines that have a STORY that I love. Hopefully HJ will incorporate that, or, hopefully I can be accepted as a GM and help write them! :D

Poor Leslee was more knowledgeable about machines than animals because of the lounging... Who knew studying and messing around with a lamp would really teach her anything instead of just fry her corneas!?

As for the second..Yes! What fun is doing a quest without a story? A quest without a story is just grinding with a bonus.

The only thing I miss about WoW (and admire WoW for) is the depth of the world, the actual on screen graphical world I mean. I'd liked that every area had a story. Example: In VG outside of Leth Nurae (ha! Totally wrote Leth Deriel and had to backspace) there was a giant statue half sunk into the grounds. Just a generic face and a hand, the sort that you saw scattered all about. What was it? Who the heck knows, no one knew because it wasn't anything just filler graphics. Had it WoW, the statue would have been someone and marked the ruins of some place or event that I could have either found out about in game in a book or read in a bit of lore somewhere else. I like that, they did a good job of making every area of the world matter and not just be filler.

Anything else? Nope, that's about it ^^ Everything else I liked about the game was all player created through either efforts or add ons and had nothing to do with Blizzard. Oh and grinding naked elfs on top of every mailbox as an added bonus. They should add that pitch into their trial ads.

In VG outside of Leth Nurae (ha! Totally wrote Leth Deriel and had to backspace) there was a giant statue half sunk into the grounds. Just a generic face and a hand, the sort that you saw scattered all about. What was it? Who the heck knows, no one knew because it wasn't anything just filler graphics. Had it WoW, the statue would have been someone and marked the ruins of some place or event that I could have either found out about in game in a book or read in a bit of lore somewhere else.
LotRO is somewhere between the two. Yes, there are lots of generic ruins, but there are also lots of ruins and places to explore which you can learn more about, and collect for your Deeds, etc. Makes exploring in the game very fulfilling.

*Rezzing thread*

Anyone on a pve realm want a 55 draenei tankadin? I am going to play again as soon as my pc is fixed. Frickin' motherboard was defective. I have to wait for them to pick it up and then send a replacement. Will be about a total of 2 weeks with no pc. :_| She is currently on Medivh, but I am willing to switch if someone wants a fun guy to tank for them. Or just someone to hang with. Mind you, I play on eastern times, usually between 5 pm and 9 pm weekdays and most afternoons/evenings on the weekend.

*s------s*

Tankadin!

*bowls over giggling*

No, no! I'm sorry! Forgive me... but...

*bursts out laughing, rolling all over*

Heee heee.... heh... hooo... okay now... hoo boy... ooh...

*sits upright, his eyes tearing up*

I was the sixth best Horde tank on my server back in the day with my orc warrior, despite being about the hundredth best geared. My good war buddy, one of the best hunters on the server, taught me how to pull incredibly well, which really is an incredibly useful skill for a tank.

From there, I just kept training, and became an ubertank. I even surpassed my hunter friend in pulling ability, he admitted it. One time I was grouping with him and some random fellow for a quest, and the new guy asked why the hunter wasn't pulling. He replied, "Because Tokroth here can pull a fish out of the Sahara".

*grins*

Anywho, I've tried tanking as a Paladin. It's great for both soloing and groups in lower levels, much better than a defensive warrior in low levels, but at the high end a Tankadin is laughable. I ended up switching to a Healadin, and I became one of the more desirable healers on my new server since Paladins Horde Side were in major demand.

Still, I quickly bored of healing. Flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, flash of light, Holy Light!, flash of light, etc.

~Dune Walker~

Edit: OH COME ON! IT CENSORS "Sn1gg3rs"? IT'S A FORM OF LAUGHTER!

Back