Wow

Originally posted by Daax@May 10 2006, 05:09 AM
I still haven't played WoW. I've researched it alot and gone to the forums for months and watched a ton of videos and I really wanna play it. Bad thing is it looks like every time there is a so-called "update" it turns out to be just some nerf to piss off half the WoW community and make the game worse.

But I think WoW earned alot of it's hype back when the Leroy Jenkins video came out. :lol:
WoW was a fun game, a good game to waste some time on, but if you don't already own it, and havn't played it. THen in my opinion, it isn't worth picking up.

It's fun while it lasted, but it gets old... FAST.

What really seemed interesting to me about WoW was that massive battlegrounds PVP thing. Where you literally had armies of Alliance vs. Horde battle.

Battlegrounds was pointless in my eyes. I really didn't enjoy it at all except for Warsong Gulch. It seemed like a watered down Guild Wars with no coordination. Most games consisted of 40vs40 where people ran around with no coordination attackign whatever. Not fun in my eyes. Every once in awhile you could get on a good Horde team in Warsong Gulch where everyone knew what they were doing, but other then that. I didn't enjoy it.

Oh yea, did I mention hour long waits?

Originally posted by Daax@May 10 2006, 01:15 AM
What really seemed interesting to me about WoW was that massive battlegrounds PVP thing. Where you literally had armies of Alliance vs. Horde battle.
Battlegrounds was a great idea in theory but rarely worked the way it was supposed to. First thing, like Frosty said, you usually had to wait an hour or more to get in to a battleground which was annoying if you didn't have too much time to play. Then, once you finally got in, if the sides weren't close to even (which happened alot on my server) it was usually pretty pointless to continue so alot of people would just quit immediately which made things even worse.

I actually like Warhammer's solution to this issue by adding "Dogs of War", NPC units, to an undermanned side to even things out. Sounds like it could be a great way to balance things as long as it's implemented correctly.

Oh yeah frosty, Guild Wars PVP is VERY coordinated. Seriously the best part of that game. You see those serious 24/7 PVP veterans come out probably with a team they always go with and they just end up blowing you away in 30 secs. PVP in Guild Wars is fast-paced and pretty hard.

[HCL] - Havoc Legion... #1 ranked non-alpha guild. #6 ranked overall in BWE.

Also, I was in Vanguard [VAN]. We were #1 ranked for 3 weeks at release. I know competative :smiley:

i had a lvl54 warrior alliance and a 48 druid alliance wish i would have went horde but all my guildies from swg wanted to go alliance so i got stuck on alliance game got boring and repetive miss swg old school liked the character development of being able to mix profesions but soe screwed that all up thats why im hoping this game will alow better character development and not cookie cutter characters i like to think and use strategy a little

I just have a hard time getting back in Guild Wars because I just don't know what class I want to play. My biggest problem with these MMORPGs. I can't ever make up my mind. :(

Back