Wow

Ok if you played or are still playing WoW, what server are you playing on and what faction do you like best? horde or alliance and why?

I play on Sargeras Horde. ;)

I like horde better because... well i would rather have skulls and bones decorating my town then flowers and bushes. I'm not a violent person but in game im a very violent character when i can be. <_< :angry:

I played an Undead Warrior. Made him because he looked cool, but it later turned
out that he was an animal in PvP, which was awesome. I played on horde seeing as
you cannot be undead on alliance and the server was Blood(something) I don't recall exactly.

yeah my main is an undead rouge
i also have a tauren druid
ok i dont like tauren but its the only race on horde that can be druids and a druid is so much fun. i love utility on my characters and a druid can shapeshift to fit rolls that it needs to be so a good druid can be used in any group to fill spots. you can go moonkin form and be a great caster, or cat form to be a good rouge, or bear form to act as a warrior. and you can also heal! lol thats why im hyped up about HJ, being able to pick two classes is a great option for utility no matter what you choose. :D

I played on Boulderfist as a level 39 Troll Shaman. I got sick of the game right before I had a mount, it was just the same thing over and over. SM Runs, quest quest, SM runs... corpse runs....sm runs....bland!

So I gave up, I had a level 49 Undead warlock as well, but it wasn' t necessarily mine ;)

Originally posted by Nocturnal+Mar 2 2006, 04:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nocturnal @ Mar 2 2006, 04:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@Mar 1 2006, 11:38 PM
So I gave up, I had a level 49 Undead warlock as well, but it wasn' t necessarily mine ;)
Hacker! [/b][/quote]
I didn't hack. I just sold my account to someone who didn't pay me, and 5 months later politely asked Blizzard for my account back. ;)

Yeah the quest grinding and camping the same instance over and over gets boring quickly. first time i played i played right after launch and then got my rouge to 32 and quit. it was the same thing over and over just as you leveled you fought higher lvl mobs was the only difference. each quest wouldnt have the same story but it was the same repeat pretty much as a previous quest. left and went back to DAoC for a bit and i have quite a few 50s on midgard percival so when i went back all there was for me to do was help others on ToA gear and RvR, (which RvR is great) but after a few months of nothing but RvR it gets really boring also. then it was guild wars and back to WoW which i am enjoying now that i dont have to quest to lvl my rouge anymore just pvp and i can sneak into SW or IF (two main alliance cities) and kill B) . which that too gets boring after a while.

52 Rogue on Stormreaver

Game got really, really boring real fast once I finished basically all the Alliance quests. PvP is cool but sucks as a 52, and I doubt I'll put the time in to get to 59 where it's fun again.

60 tauren druid on shadowcouncil rp server, along with a few others ranging from mid fifties to mid teens.

Endgame is pretty annoying, and I've cancelled my account. There were a few things I was interested in doing, the AQ gate stuff, faction grinding for cenarion circle.

But everytime I log on as soon as the server message ended I immediately started getting the guild messages that they were raiding x instance and needed me there ( I was a feral druid and considered the best tank in the guild. Sad that most WoW warriors think they are a damage class).

Working another character was an option.... but you just do the same quests you've already done. gets old quick.

I know I'll be a rarity in this, but I find PvP entertaining but a very minor concern. Not only does PvP take the least amount of development content wise (no need to make a great world, they'll just be killing each other), it's just an ego contest for most people it seems. I outgrew that kind of thing a long time ago.

Now I did enjoy PvP battlegrounds style, go in there and basically play a game against the other team. The stroke candidates in there were annoying (You know, the person who instead of fighting is spamming the raid with 'OMFG OMFG we r losing! I am 1337 all u r n00bs and costing me my perfect record!!1111!!!!') but the games were fun.

Unrestricted PvP blows. On Twisitingnether (RPPvP) when silithid was redone, there is a quest to grab a backpack near an elite scorpid. You can time it to run in and get the pack while the scorpid is far enough away. For DAYS there were rogues camping the backpack to gank you. If you were too strong for them, they'd sap you, wait for the elite scorpid to attack you, then gank you and vanish. Thats not fun, thats annoying.

Originally posted by Brian@Mar 3 2006, 03:39 AM
60 tauren druid on shadowcouncil rp server, along with a few others ranging from mid fifties to mid teens.

Endgame is pretty annoying, and I've cancelled my account. There were a few things I was interested in doing, the AQ gate stuff, faction grinding for cenarion circle.

But everytime I log on as soon as the server message ended I immediately started getting the guild messages that they were raiding x instance and needed me there ( I was a feral druid and considered the best tank in the guild. Sad that most WoW warriors think they are a damage class).

Working another character was an option.... but you just do the same quests you've already done. gets old quick.

I know I'll be a rarity in this, but I find PvP entertaining but a very minor concern. Not only does PvP take the least amount of development content wise (no need to make a great world, they'll just be killing each other), it's just an ego contest for most people it seems. I outgrew that kind of thing a long time ago.

Now I did enjoy PvP battlegrounds style, go in there and basically play a game against the other team. The stroke candidates in there were annoying (You know, the person who instead of fighting is spamming the raid with 'OMFG OMFG we r losing! I am 1337 all u r n00bs and costing me my perfect record!!1111!!!!') but the games were fun.

Unrestricted PvP blows. On Twisitingnether (RPPvP) when silithid was redone, there is a quest to grab a backpack near an elite scorpid. You can time it to run in and get the pack while the scorpid is far enough away. For DAYS there were rogues camping the backpack to gank you. If you were too strong for them, they'd sap you, wait for the elite scorpid to attack you, then gank you and vanish. Thats not fun, thats annoying.
yeah i know what you mean about the ganking thing, STV is gettign so bad these days with 50s-60 running around just to kill the lowly 30s and 40s and for what reason i dont know. at that level they arent worth any honor or even a HK. but i guess when you suck soo badly that you cant kill people close to your level then it makes you feel better to actually kill someone. even thou that someone is 20-30 lvls under you.

superganker sends to bob...... "Yeah bob i had a great day today! kill me 250 horde! it was great! all in about 10 min too!"....

Bob types /who superganker

results>>> Superganker Level 60 Rouge in Stranglethorn Vale.

I HAVE a 60 rouge. one of the best classes for solo ganking but i would never intentionally go to a lowbie zone and kill lowbies for no reason or just for the sake of ganking. that gets very annoying so i love to log my rouge where i lvl my lowbies at and when i get ganked more then once by the same guy i will log on my rouge and show them how its done and EVERY ganker i met with my rouge sucked severely for a high lvl and that is why i concluded that they just cant take the beatings from people their lvl and have to gank lowbies just to make themselves feel better.

i play on lothar, lvl 53 undead priest, as my main.
i dont remember why i picked horde. but im sure glad i did.

i also play on malfuion for an alt, lvl 42 human rogue.
took up alliance cause a friend was on that server, i wanted to play along with him.

The one thing that I dispised about WoW was the overpopulation of Alliance, and how no one played Horde. However, I don't blame them, the models for horde were disgusting. Alliance had almost every advantage, that bothered me, but you can't get what you always want in life becuase then there would be nothing to complain about.

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 3 2006, 10:15 PM
The one thing that I dispised about WoW was the overpopulation of Alliance, and how no one played Horde. However, I don't blame them, the models for horde were disgusting. Alliance had almost every advantage, that bothered me, but you can't get what you always want in life becuase then there would be nothing to complain about.
if i had to choose between and underpopulated or underpowered faction and one that was overpopulated or overpowered i would go for the underdog. I just like to try the impossible and if a game is more challenging then it will grasp you longer and keep you into it. if everything was really easy to do then my interest factor would be gone quick

i play alliance on medivh and horde on runetotem. i have a lvl 60 hunter on both and some other lowbie characters. i like horde a little bit more.

I played WoW from EU Final Beta till last month. Finally got bored enough to outweigh the loyality to my guild.

I played a 60 Human Priestess on EU Eredar as my main and a 60 Orc Shaman on Aegwynn. Basically I startet out with a few RL-Friends who all wanted to play Alliance (worst decision ever). But if I had played alone, I probably would have got bored of the game pretty quick.

The game itself is plain boring, I guess, but the guild and the socializing were fun and held me over a year to the game.

I was an altaholic with WoW. I played a ton of different races and classes on every type of server. Eventually I settled on a Night Elf Druid and hit the level cap in November. By mid-December, after raiding MC 5 nights a week for a month, I quit. There's really nothing much to do at end-game and it just turns in to a raid grind. I suppose I could PvP but that's a just another grind and the sides were never matched up evenly in the battlegrounds to make it enjoyable anyway. Oh well, it was fun getting to 60 at least.

I still have some friends playing WoW that I will attempt to convert to HJ eventually.

I'm very interested in what HJ will have to offer in terms of end-game. Hopefully they've learned from the mistakes of other games like WoW.

I was an undead mage. I also enjoy horde more because of their atmosphere, I felt like a little kid playing on the Alliance side, and a warrior on the Horde.

I still haven't played WoW. I've researched it alot and gone to the forums for months and watched a ton of videos and I really wanna play it. Bad thing is it looks like every time there is a so-called "update" it turns out to be just some nerf to piss off half the WoW community and make the game worse.

But I think WoW earned alot of it's hype back when the Leroy Jenkins video came out. :lol:

Back