Write a Play

Here's what we have so far:

A shrink named Guy is bored with his life. He decides to spicen it up by killing his patients, all except for one, whose name is Aisha Kamal. The problem with his planning is that he never gets to kill anyone, due to some (comic) interferance.

Characters So Far
Guy
Aisha Kamal

Patients That We Might Use
E-Bay obessed guy
Person with alot of phobias
A guy that has to decide the fate of his wife
Person with Multiple Personality Disorder who tries to kill Aisha Kamal??
Some girl that doesnt have any problems but hits on Guy instead (Stalker who messes all his murder plans up?)

Ways He Might Kill His Patients
Dropping an anvil from the roof
Tricking a patient into playing Russian Roulette

Members:
#1 -- facade47
#2 -- Lemon-Krumpitz
#3 -- m<o>j
#4 -- BESTSHOWONTV
#5 -- falling4stars

To link: allalias.com -&nbspallalias Resources and Information.

Yay! I love plays...I just can never come up with any ideas on my own. Let's choose a genre first though. How about Mystery/Comedy!? Everyone likes a good laugh with twists and turns...right?

I like the idea of a mystery/comedy. Would it be set in the present or in the past? Oh, and are we thinking a one act or three or five?

Great plan btw.

falling4stars said:
Yay! I love plays...I just can never come up with any ideas on my own. Let's choose a genre first though. How about Mystery/Comedy!? Everyone likes a good laugh with twists and turns...right?
[post="1226824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ms.katejones said:
I like the idea of a mystery/comedy. Would it be set in the present or in the past? Oh, and are we thinking a one act or three or five?

Great plan btw.
[post="1229627"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay!!!! People posted :happydance:

:lol:

Oooo, I love that idea!! A mystery/Comedy! So cool!
I think it might be easier to set it in the past. Well....I guess it would depend more on what we decide about the play (cause it might be better to set it in the future :lol: ).

Hmm, lenght.... :Ponder: I was thinking maybe two or more, but I don't know how easy it would be to write a play over the internet :lol:

A two or more act play would be good....*cough...2...cough*. But we'll go by unanimous consent. Plays written in the past always have that nice, classy taste to them, but we could make it challenging and do something present day (we could do a parody on current things or be satirical on, um, certain things going on...*Bush...cough*), or futuristic...but that would be weird and kinda hard, so n/m that one. We should elect an official writer...and I choose facade!!

falling4stars said:
A two or more act play would be good....*cough...2...cough*. But we'll go by unanimous consent. Plays written in the past always have that nice, classy taste to them, but we could make it challenging and do something present day (we could do a parody on current things or be satirical on, um, certain things going on...*Bush...cough*), or futuristic...but that would be weird and kinda hard, so n/m that one. We should elect an official writer...and I choose facade!!
[post="1230151"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, I was thinking maybe a two act play (y) Is everyone else okay with that? (well, everyone else being two people as of now :lol: )

The setting, as I said, would be more dependant on the other ideas we have. (And by past, I meant recent past ;) Again, dependant on the other ideas.)

I naturally put satire and allususions into my works, so that would be great to do some satire. Too much wouldn't really make it a mystery. Unless, of course, we change our mind ^_^ *cough*notBush*cough*i'mRepublican*cough* :lol:

Ok this may sound really stupid but I think it'd be really cool to write an alias episode as a play, that'd be so fun to play (y)

Arrgghh!! I was going to post a new thread in the "Alias Interactive" Forum, but I found out it was closed. 🇳🇴 (The reason is because not everyone stumbles into the "Performing Arts" Forum :( . This thread has only has 35 views!!! :thinking: )

I don't know if I can post an Alias related topic in this forum (This being the "Beyond Alias" Forum). I will ask someone though.... ;)

Haha!!...I didn't mean to diss republicans...I was raised one, and still hold true to some of those "good" morals and qualities...so when I said *Bush* I could have very well said *Kerry* cause I really don't like that guy either. And I agree with you that too much satire would take away from the main "mystery" or whatever we have going on...as well as being controversial, as most things are now-a-days.

And an Alias episode play....I dunno. I've tried to talk myself into it, but it sounds less and less appealing the more I think about it. But if you can come up with some awesome ideas Sabella, then maybe you can convert me to your intriguing idea!

falling4stars said:
Haha!!...I didn't mean to diss republicans...I was raised one, and still hold true to some of those "good" morals and qualities...so when I said *Bush* I could have very well said *Kerry* cause I really don't like that guy either. And I agree with you that too much satire would take away from the main "mystery" or whatever we have going on...as well as being controversial, as most things are now-a-days.

And an Alias episode play....I dunno. I've tried to talk myself into it, but it sounds less and less appealing the more I think about it. But if you can come up with some awesome ideas Sabella, then maybe you can convert me to your intriguing idea!
[post="1233493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ahh, Okay :lol: Anyways, I guess the political stuff should be saved for another section of this wonderful site :angelic: :lol:

Controversial can be good, but subtlety can be better! Especially in a mystery. (I'm obsessed with subtlety, sorry :P :lol: )

Sheesh, I hope it's not gonna be just you and me! :lol: But I guess the smaller the group, the easier it would be to keep up with everyone's ideas. Speaking of which, do you have anymore suggestions, 'cause I'm completely thoughtless at the moment :lol:

(Oh and Sabella, Here's the link to the "Make an episode of Alias as a play" thread that I started. )^_^ :D

Oooh, can I help with the mystery/comedy?
I'm not sure how good I can be, but if I'm felgercarb at writing, then I can certainly help with betaring and tweaking!
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Can we have some satire...I :love: it! It needn't be biased! But I agree on the subtlety note! </span>

Jai

Oh, and when they write TV shows, don't they do it in groups? So we could consolidate all our ideas, put together our characters and then asign sections to each writer. Then we put it together, and each person goes over it, making small alterations so that it flows. If we organise it well, I'm sure it could work!

Jai :rain:

Of course you can help Jai!! I like the breaking it up part...share the wealth, or something like that. We just need to start our story line. Oh...do we want a murder, kidnapping, theavery, etc.? ya know....one of those significant characteristics of a mystery... :rolleyes:

m<o>j said:
Oooh, can I help with the mystery/comedy?
I'm not sure how good I can be, but if I'm felgercarb at writing, then I can certainly help with betaring and tweaking!
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Can we have some satire...I :love: it! It needn't be biased! But I agree on the subtlety note! </span>

Oh, and when they write TV shows, don't they do it in groups? So we could consolidate all our ideas, put together our characters and then asign sections to each writer. Then we put it together, and each person goes over it, making small alterations so that it flows. If we organise it well, I'm sure it could work!

[post="1235649"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Of course! Anyone can help!! :D We need as many people as we can get :lol:
And of course, there will be some satire! ^_^ We'll need to perfectly balance the humor and the mystery so it doesn't come off as cheasy, though ;)

And yep, we would need to consolidate our ideas, so we can have unity and continuity :lol: (Continuity = #1 priority (y) ) And it would be sort of hard if just one person was writing it :lol:

falling4stars said:
Of course you can help Jai!! I like the breaking it up part...share the wealth, or something like that. We just need to start our story line. Oh...do we want a murder, kidnapping, theavery, etc.? ya know....one of those significant characteristics of a mystery... :rolleyes:
[post="1236379"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hmmmm..... :Ponder: ....... I wonder if a murder is possible for a play.

Okay, time to brainstorm....

Random thoughts:

Murder takes place, the play is about the killer trying to get away with it
The play could be about the planning of the crime
Maybe the murder already happened and the police are trying to find the guy
Must.....think.......of......more..... :banghead: I wish I could think of more :cry:

I thonk it would be interesting to do it as the planning of the crime...so many crime dramas are about after the crime, so this would have an edge...and perhaps the killer's crime doesn't ever take place, so we are left with an open end...only a couple of ideas, mind.

So we could start building the character of the killer? Like his/her backstory backstory, character traits, and what they look like etc?

OHHHH! You guys just sparked a really awkward idea in my odd little head...what if we write the the play about a person who is completely bored with their life and decides to add some zest in it by committing the PERFECT murder!! So its about the man setting things up for someone to die, but there are always thwarted in really funny ways, and by the end...well, I'm still working on the end...but ya, I like the idea of it coming from the perspective of the killer... :lol:

Okay! Is everyone agree-ing to doing the planning of the crime? (Just want to make sure ;) )

Ooo, the perfect murder!!! Good stuff! :lol: Here's something redundant: Is that ok with everyone?

I demand it be fun and interesting :lol:

Cool, so let's plan a murder!! :jump: .......okay, that was just wrong. :P

Right, so let's start off with the murderer's background. A location!! :

New York
Chicago
Los Angeles
I'm thinking big cities, since it would be more "exciting" for a murderer to kill someone with a lot of police around.

And how old should he be?

Hey, just seen this thread for the first time & The Man is interested in lending his invaluable assistance.

I'm a Drama student, you see, so I do this sort of thing everyday. I've adapted works by Anton Checkov & William Shakespeare into contemporary plays, so I reckon I could help you guys on this.

Even if you don't need any more help, can I just suggest New York as the setting?. Has so many possibilties. :D

Finally...another one joins our crew! And I'm sure you will be a wonderful asset to our team.

I love NY!! But aren't a million plays already set in NY? Maybe we could do some exotic island or village or something like that...although NY does have a lot of possibilities!! So whatever...I'm not picky :angelic:

Age-wise...I'm thinking mid-thirties...ya know, the man has a crappy life, not really going any where, no wife, no love, no nada! We don't want him too young, cause this person has some experience...and not too old, cause who would want to watch an old fogy runnin' around killin' people!...but again...I'm not picky ;)

Back