WWW.FREEFIONA.COM

Check out the site. Sony has shelved Fiona's new CD because I guess they don't see a hit single.

Sign the petition or help by donating to get the word out to Sony that we're tired of the good musicians being ignored and felgercarb being put out.

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Dec 17 2004, 08:16 AM']are they like crazy?? i LOVE Fiona Apple !
[post="1115714"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Then make sure you go to that web site and sign the petition. for every signature they are mailing a plastic apple to sony in jan.

so is it out?! or will it ever be out?! Because I love fiona apple's music. Albeit alittle insane, but some of the most brillant artists are always a little eccentric! Plus her music is wonderful! At least I love it! (and honestly, that's all that really counts! ;)) :lol:

i've put this url on some Belgian forums as well so a lot of Flemish friends of mine have been signing it too :smiley:

FREE FIONA!

+ sell the albums from all amazing American/Canadian female singer/songwriters in Belgium too :depressed: it's really not fair i can't buy great albums like Holly Mcnarland's and so on

Victoria King said:
so is it out?! or will it ever be out?! Because I love fiona apple's music. Albeit alittle insane, but some of the most brillant artists are always a little eccentric! Plus her music is wonderful! At least I love it! (and honestly, that's all that really counts! ;)) :lol:
[post="1126090"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It's not out, and may never be out. We have got to find a way to stop labels from preventing true artists music from getting out because it's not "commercial" enough.

I'm sorry, but who would have truly thought that Norah Jones would have done what she did with a piano and a jazz-like band?

Even Norah Jones said they never expected it to be such a hit.

The labels are crying because no one is buying music and it's losing money, WELL PUT OUT SOME REAL MUSIC BY SOME REAL ARTISTS AND PEOPLE WILL BUY!!!!

I'm tired of the same old processed pop garbage that's being served to us. Let's hear some artists who bleed onto their music sheets and craft each note and lyric with their own heart and soul.

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Dec 26 2004, 10:06 AM']i've put this url on some Belgian forums as well so a lot of Flemish friends of mine have been signing it too :smiley:

FREE FIONA!

+ sell the albums from all amazing American/Canadian female singer/songwriters  in Belgium too :depressed: it's really not fair i can't buy great albums like Holly Mcnarland's and so on
[post="1128638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

AMEN!

I found this site by accident wondering what was going on with her CD. If I can find the site that has a stream of two of her new songs I'll be sure to post the link so you can hear them.

She makes odd sound great.

Here's a clip from the miamiherald.com site:

Posted on Wed, Dec. 22, 2004

Petition Seeks to Free Fiona Apple Album

BRUNO J. NAVARRO

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Fiona Apple fans wondering when the artist's third CD would see the light of day might want to keep an eye on one enthusiast's online petition.

Dave Muscato, a Missouri musician and Apple afficionado, founded the Web site www.freefiona.com last month in an effort to pressure her record label to release "Extraordinary Machine." Apple's follow-up to "Tidal" and "When the Pawn ..." reportedly has been finished since May 2003.

"They didn't think it had enough commercial appeal to justify the cost of promoting it and distributing it," Muscato recently told AP Radio. "So even though it was already recorded, they'd already spent the money to record it, they basically decided to just cut their losses and stick it on a shelf."

A message left at Epic Records, Apple's label, was not immediately returned Monday.

For every signature on Muscato's petition, the Free Fiona! campaign plans to send a fake apple to Andrew Lack, the CEO of parent company Sony BMG, "as a symbol of protest and support for Fiona Apple," he said. A demonstration outside Sony headquarters in New York is also planned on Jan. 28.

As of Monday, the Web site has gathered more than 2,600 signatures. It also raised nearly $1,000 from donations and sales of T-shirts and bumper stickers, Muscato said.

"It's really taken off faster than I thought," he said.

Muscato, 20, says he had heard a couple of tracks from the unreleased album that were leaked on the Internet, so he's not worried he's going through all this trouble for an album that might not be worth it.

"Even if it's no good, which I'm sure isn't the case, I would at least like to buy it and decide that for myself," he said.

---

I apologize for all the posting. But I REALLY want to see this album come out.

Here's a link to the songs I found through an internet search.

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSha...&cty=US&lang=en

just copy and paste that into the thingy and hit enter.

there's two songs to DL

extraoridnary machine - title track

and

better version of me

I like them. They're different. But I expect nothing less from Fiona Apple.

If that link doesn't work try searching www.citizenkeith.com and search for it through his site... it's his dl. It's under categories, then find downloads.

Back