X-3!!!

JonDDA

Cadet
I just had to say, that X-3 is THE best movie I've ever seen, I saw it on Friday. Than on sunday played X-men legends until 3 in the morning.

I LOVE X-MEN!!

/discuss

I've talked about this movie with my coworkers and roomies so much that I am a tad exhausted... let's just say this though:

If you love the past movies and have never followed the comics: I can see you will most likely love the movies.

If you love the comics, then all the movies had flaws, some forgivable for the sake of making a 2 hour movie. However, X-Men 3 in most comic followers eyes, was a blow to the head... a killing blow, quite possibly an MK Fatality.

I liked the movie as an action flick, but hated the plot & story. It destroyed everything about the X-Men.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Riceman@May 31 2006, 02:54 AM
I need an X-Men fanboy/girl to tell me exactly why I should care whether the movie was true to the comics or not.
You shouldn't.

I felt one of the problems with Lord of the Rings movies was that they tried too hard to follow the canon of the books rather than make an awesome movie (the last 20 minutes of the third movie were painful. The whole thing should have totally ended with the celebration on the helipad). In this one they put in Angel anyway, just for the comic book fans, without him having any meaningful role whatsoever in the movie.

I enjoyed X-Men 3. I don't care that they stepped way out of comic book continuity, but there were some inconsistencies within the trilogy itself, which were bizzare at best.

I am not looking to spoil anything, and have no beef with the story at all, but:

I - Nightcrawler disappeared without any reasoning.... not even some simple "My planet needs me" Poochie-style disclaimer.

II - The CG for Colossus actually got worse from 2 to 3.... which is surprising because most of the rest of the effects are world-class.

Kitty and Magneto were *awesome*. I love that crazy mutant wizard.

very interesting bit here. did u guys know that Stan Lee himself is actually in all the Marvel movies? kinda like alfred hitchcock.
for all the non-comicbook readers, he wrote xmen, spiderman, fantastic 4, silver surfer, the avengers, and the other marvel comics.

Oho, did I ever.

The 1st time I saw it, We stayed till the end.

The 2nd time I went to see it, I yelled at the whole theater.

"STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!"

Everyone but 3 people left.

Boy did they miss out.

i wanna know how the frack charles is alive but when X-4 comes out i think that laffy taffy dude in the red latex is going to be the main villian and the juggernaut is a beast!!! i was laughing like the whole movie and had the people in front of me laughing

"Im the juggernaut bitch!"

Did anyone else catch that that saw the voiced over X-men Cartoon?

I LOL'D and cheered when I heard that.

Originally posted by JonDDA@Jun 26 2006, 07:59 AM
"Im the juggernaut bitch!"

Did anyone else catch that that saw the voiced over X-men Cartoon?

I LOL'D and cheered when I heard that.
They put that in the movie?

yea, they had the juggernaut yell "im the juggernaut bitch" at shadowcat. i wish i had seen the toon before i saw the movie tho, but its still hilarious

Originally posted by Xblood@Jun 26 2006, 10:53 AM
i wanna know how the frack charles is alive but when X-4 comes out i think that laffy taffy dude in the red latex is going to be the main villian and the juggernaut is a beast!!! i was laughing like the whole movie and had the people in front of me laughing
Charles is alive because...

Remember that comatose guy that basically lacked a conscious? And Xavier went on about a lecture about where to draw the line and should psychics be able to transfer the consciousness of a terminally ill person to that body or not? So, Xavier, right before he died, transfered his conscious to that guy.

and how the hell did he do that i didnt know he was that powerful but yeah the juggernaut said im the juggernaut bitch and had me rollin and half the movie theater laughing to i didnt know that many people around here saw the little voice over thinggy

Originally posted by Xblood@Jun 28 2006, 07:15 AM
and how the hell did he do that i didnt know he was that powerful but yeah the juggernaut said im the juggernaut bitch and had me rollin and half the movie theater laughing to i didnt know that many people around here saw the little voice over thinggy
Yeah, when I saw that I laughed my ass off. The only bad thing was that I was the only one laughing. I guess I was only one in the theater who saw the voice over. And there were many geeks there too (including myself).

Back