X-Files 2

I found this at Dark Horizons

Duchovny Says "X-Files 2" Happening

While promoting his comedic turn in the upcoming "Connie and Carla", our LA correspondent on the ground Paul Fischer asked co-star David Duchovny whether the much-rumoured "X-Files" movie is likely to happen, and to everyone's surprise, he gave a resoundingly positive response.

"It's definiely happening", the actor said. "Chris has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects Mulder to develop in the film, the actor said "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show and I think the whole point. I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."

YAY!!! I can't wait!!

Cool... Another X-Files movie! I hope it will be better than the first one (which i personally enjoyed a lot!) :lol:

I saw this over at Haven....I am so happy that things are finally starting to progress for the movie now! It looks like we won't get a finished product though until 2006,it is more logical that it comes out at that time anyways!

God,Have I missed Mulder and Scully! :woot:

sculder said:
I saw this over at Haven....I am so happy that things are finally starting to progress  for the movie now! It looks like we won't get a finished product though until 2006,it is more logical that it comes out at that time anyways!

God,Have I missed Mulder and Scully! :woot:
Are you talking about IdealistsHaven?? I was a member ther for a few years, I haven't been there in a while!! I guess i'll have to go visit!

Woo Hoo.

I loved the first movie and I am just starting to love the old series.

Having got S8 for Christmas and Having bought S7 last week and already watching it from cover to cover!!

I can't wait!!

I wonder who else they will cast aside from the 4 major prinicipal actors from the TV Show!! :smiley: ;)

Nothing so far on casting aside from Duchovny/Anderson. Here's the latest from Cinescape/Coming Attractions:

March 1, 2005...While talking to Australia's Empire magazine, David Duchovny confirmed that the second "X Files" movie looks set to shoot in December. "We're all happy to do it. Gillian and I. Chris Carter. So it's just a matter of getting everybody in the same spot. I think we'll shoot it next winter, in December."

The plan is to make the film a stand-alone supernatural thriller - "There's an idea in place. Chris won't show it to anybody. I think what's important in looking to do the show in a movie form is that it's accessible. The first one was conspiracy-orientated, alien-orientated, and I think that alienated some people. They were like, 'I don't know the show, I can't watch it.' I think if you go at it as a supernatural thriller, then it can stand alone, on it's own... I think it's more welcoming, so it's not only for the fans but for new people who might not know the show". [Australia's Empire.]

^ Me neither, but I want it really to be about the alien mythology. I loved it, despite how most hated it in the end.

I just don't understand, though, how they're gonna follow up the series finale without alluding to the alien thing in some way. After all, if you remember, Mulder & Scully ended up on the run from alien replacements in the FBI after Mulder escaped his illegal trial & learned the colonisation date. Both were pretty much out the Bureau & running for their lives. Unless the movie is going to be set during an earlier season when they were both running the X-Files, surely just doing a simple non-mythology plot won't make much sense. And what about Doggett or Reyes, or the X-Files themselves, where do they fit in?. Or Skinner? (he looked in big trouble at the end of the finale).

I wish Chris Carter would tell us the story & put me out my misery. :(

Hee, I was so worn out with it, I was happier when they just stuck with good ol' spooky stuff and kept the mythos on the back burner. They were just making a bigger and bigger tangle with it at the end anyway, and Mulder was getting to be a whiny drag for me. I liked him much better in the beginning. ^_^

Back