X-Men 3

I just got back from watching it.. think I'm gonna use spoiler tags since the movie is kinda fresh :P

the movie was really great but I don't really get why they killed off Xavier and Jean. But when they did kill of Xavier, it was no hope for Jean I guess.. loved the fight they had and the beast was awsome!

WTF?! You already saw it?! how? *is jealous*

--mandy :angelic:

I just got back from watching it.. think I'm gonna use spoiler tags since the movie is kinda fresh :P

the movie was really great but I don't really get why they killed off Xavier and Jean. But when they did kill of Xavier, it was no hope for Jean I guess.. loved the fight they had and the beast was awsome!

I saw it too and let me try to explain

This is the last film, as far as the X-men goes. Hugh Jackman has confirmed it during various interviews along with the fact that Fox is developing a Wolverine film and a magneto one. He even said that he spoke with one the execs at Fox and he pretty much said that The Last Stand is final chapter of the series.

When Brett Ratner took over as a director from Bryan Singer he also hired new writers since Bryan took the original screenwriters with him when he agreed to do Superman Returns which also stars James Marsden aka Cyclops (which would explain his limited screen time in this film). So, I assume these new writers wanted to go out with a bang and not write a formulaic script where everyone lives happily ever afterwhile also tying up loose ends.

And if you stayed and watched the end credits, there's scene where we see Xavier ressurect himself in a catatonic patient. Earlier in the film he was talking about how someone like him can put his consciousness into a well, a catatonic patient. So, he still lives on just in another's person's body.

The final fight between Wolverine and Jean was heartbreaking. It reminded of the season 2 finale of Buffy where she had to kill Angel in order to save the world.

WTF?! You already saw it?! how? *is jealous*

I saw it on the first night it was out in Norway ;)

Spoiler tags dosn't seem to work for me today so i typed it in white

Saw that too, that there is gonna be a own movie for both Magneto and Wolverine, *crosses fingers for a Jean Grey movie too* :P

I didn't catch Magneto saying that, but thanks for pointing out and explaining sugababyboo

I really enoyed seeing Storm in this movie, we saw what her powers can really do in this one.

And the Beast soo awsome!

So there is no hopes for a fourth movie? Because they could really do it with Jean and all too. Jean is the Phoenix now, and what does the Phoenix do? Rise from the ashes..

Well, if there's one thing that studio executives love, it's money. So, even though Hugh seemed pretty confident that this is the last one I wouldn't be surprised if fox announced another sequel. Of course this is only if the films makes a KILLING at the box office this weekend.

As you said, Jean could come back since she's phoenix, Xavier lives on, we assume that cyclops died but we never actually saw it and that includes his body. With Magneto, he's either getting his powers back or we were just shown what was left of them. How about Rogue? Yes, she can now touch iceman but when it comes to the x-men doing battle will she be ok being left on the sidelines and being the most vulnerable?

Just have to say, I wanna be a mutant!!

I don't know about Rogue, but if there will be a fourth movie, maybe there is something that can give the mutants their powers back because we saw Magneto with his power back in the end, so maybe he find something?

Oh, and one more thing this movie make me wanna ship Storm and Logan

I really hope they do a X-men 4 movie! I love x-men and would really like to see more movies with all off them than spin-off with just one..

:hi: Finally saw it last night and it was A. MAZING. It's my favorite of the series, and I adore them all. I have to see it again... :D sooo gooooood. :cloud9: The character development/twists were just too awesome.

It looks to me like they are going to stick with the origins movies for a while. The first link is to the Magneto movie which is scheduled for release in 2012. The second was just announced a few days ago. A new movie about Deadpool.

Back