X-Men 3

From Sci Fi Wire:
Grammer Is Beast In X-Men 3

Marvel entertainment chief Avi Arad told SCI FI Wire that Kelsey Grammer will plays Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast in the upcoming third X-Men film and also confirmed earlier reports that Vinnie Jones has signed to play the villainous Juggernaut. Grammer, best known to audiences as TV's Frasier Crane, will play the blue-furred biochemist, whose strength and agility are matched by his genius intellect. Beast will play a prominent role in the third X-Men film, whose story is being kept under wraps.

Arad added that casting will be announced in a matter of days for two new mutant characters: the winged Angel and Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat, who can phase through solid matter. Both roles will be played by North American actors, Arad said in an interview. Variety reported that Maggie Grace (ABC's Lost) [Shannon ~ v] was in talks to play Kitty Pryde.

Arad said that director Matthew Vaughn and the filmmakers were seeking to avoid a British actor to play Beast when Grammer read for the part. "We've been looking around for actors that are American," he said. "We didn't want to resort to ... if someone is intelligent, [he] has to sound like a Brit. ... [Grammer] has this delivery and the voice. You close your eyes, and you hear Hank McCoy. And there is this innate intelligence, the warmth, the strength there. He read—here is this big star—and he just knocked it out of the park. And the rule in our movies is, you go with the actor. It's not about lookalikes. ... It's about someone who brings a special tone, a special feeling, to the character."

As for Jones' role, Arad said: "Juggernaut is an interesting guy. He's like, once he's in motion, he cannot be stopped, like a bullet. And he [has] an interesting affiliation: He's actually Xavier's [Professor X, played by Patrick Stewart,] half-brother. And, again, I cannot obviously get into the plot, but he's going to be [a] very interesting villain."

About the other new characters, Arad said: "Angel is a very emotional thing. We're very close. We'll have someone in the next few days. He'll have a big role in the movie. And Kitty Pryde has a big role."

Arad said the X-Men 3 is gearing up to begin shooting in Vancouver, B.C., in July, with an eye to a release on Memorial Day 2006. The film will bring back the main cast from the previous two films, including Halle Berry, James Marsden, Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, Arad said. "Everybody's coming back," he said, adding: "And Matthew Vaughn [Layer Cake] brings a lot of fresh air to the table. Very, very smart filmmaker. He's working on the script with the screenwriters, with Zak [Penn] and Simon [Kinberg], and all of us are very involved in it. This is, I'm telling you, ... huge. ... It's better than one and two combined. That's a big statement. ... The main concept, the theme of the movie, it's just scary, brilliant and thought-provoking."
Hm, sounds crowded . . .

Sex-Dwarf said:
Nathan Fillion would be an excellent Gambit. Otherwise someone European , possibly a south american actor. Not antonio Banderas, he's too old for the role.
[post="1264395"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

how 'bout Gael Garcia Bernal? he's so hot :P

:woot: Im so excited for this to be released, even though it's not for another year or so :rolleyes:

I'm happy that the original cast are all gonna be back, and it'll be good to have Kelsey Grammer joining them. I heard the rumor that DA was going to be playing Angel, and fingers crossed that it comes true :P

I love the X-men movies, so this will be great!!! It sounds like the already all-star cast is going to be even more all-star. It's awesome that they have Kelsey Grammer now, and I really hope they get Maggie Grace. If they do, :thud: And I also hope that David Anders actually does do the part of Angel.

*SIGH* can't wait for x-men 3.
can someone give a little background on the new charatcers comeing into play?
i havent really read the comic books so i dont know much about beast, kitty, gambit etc.

spy_youngster said:
*SIGH* can't wait for x-men 3.
can someone give a little background on the new charatcers comeing into play?
i havent really read the comic books so i dont know much about beast, kitty, gambit etc.
[post="1350125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Beast (Hank McCoy) was one of the founding members of the X-Men, and was contrasted by his mutant strength and agility and genuis-level intelligence. After the original X-Men comic was cancelled, Hank was turned into a blue-furred literal beast in a lab experiment gone wrong and went on to join the Avengers. When the X-Men were brought back in the mid-70's, the Beast ultimately found his way back to the team, where he has remained ever since. His witty, jovial attitude combined with his "beastly" appearance has provided comfort to many mutants who feel self-conscious about their powers. However, under his happy facade Beast remains haunted by his appearance, and longs to be normal once more. This was only worsened when he went through a further mutation, leaving him more cat-like in appearance. His longtime girlfriend, reporter Trish Tilby, felt alienated by him, and after a nasty breakup reported a story claiming that Hank was gay.

Kitty Pryde is in many ways the central character in the X-Men. With the ability to "phase" through solid objects, Kitty was recruited when she was just 13 into a team of X-Men made up of then mostly 20-somethings. Wolverine, along with her close, but much older friends like Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colussus, took her under their wing and trained her into a confident young woman. Although she had a long crush on Colossus, nothing came of it until recently because of their age gap. Although she is sometimes too driven by her emotions, Kitty is often the moral compass of the team, reminding them of how far is too far on their path to mutant peace. She is also a computer expert, and on an unusual adventure, gained a small, pet alien dragon named Lockheed.

Gambit (Remy Lebeau) is a thief. He was trained by the New Orleans thieves guild and has the ability to charge objects with kinetic energy. Gambit was hired by Mr. Sinister to put together a team of mutants, the Marauders, who, are arguably some of the X-Men's greatest foes. After forming the team, Gambit cut himself of from Sinister, and returned to New Orleans without ever meeting the X-Men. He later met Storm (who herself had grown up as a thief), during a time when the X-Men were disbanded and the two teamed up, and, when the X-Men reformed, he joined them. He immeadiately started to pursue Rogue. However, when they touched, Rogue absorbed many of his dark secrets, including his involvement with the Marauders, and Gambit was put "on trial" by the X-Men, who left him to die in Antarctica :blink: . He somehow made his way back though and made amends, and has been a pretty constant member of the team since his first appearance.

is that good enough background?

I want to see this movie sooooo bad! The first and second ones were good...I just don't like the fact its taking so long, with what happened with Byan Singer leaving to make the Super Man...I just can't wait...I hate how movie sequels take forever to come out!

I'm also anxious about this movie, it has such high expectations since the first two did so well. At least it comes out this upcoming spring. :jump:

spy_youngster said:
yea thx a lot... hmmm makes me wonder what theyre going to do in the movie.
[post="1378815"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think I remember reading that it is Jean Gray's transformation but I may be wrong.

And Verdantheart a crowded X-Men is a good thing... its the way X-Men is meant to be/really is

3 words: "YAY YAY YAY!!!" I am soooo excited for X3 to come out! Such a fan of the whole francise. Any news on whther or not Beast is going to make an appearance?

Back