Superheroes X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: X-Men: Apocalypse

Tagline: Only the strong will survive.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy

Director: Bryan Singer

Cast: James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Oscar Isaac, Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Evan Peters, Olivia Munn, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Lucas Till, Josh Helman, Ben Hardy, Lana Condor, Warren Scherer, Rochelle Okoye, Monique Ganderton, Fraser Aitcheson, Abdulla Hamam, Hesham Hammoud, Antonio Daniel Hidalgo, Al Maini, Berdj Garabedian, Ally Sheedy, Anthony Konechny, Emma Elle Paterson, Manuel Sinor, Gustave Ouimet, Lukas Penar, Ryan Hollyman, Joanne Boland, Nabeel El Khafif, Manuel Tadros, Abanoub Andraous, Aladeen Tawfeek, Carolina Bartczak, T. J. McGibbon, Davide Chiazzese, Sebastian Naskrent, Boris Sichon, Martin Skorek, Kamil Orzechowski, Michael Terlecki, Ahmed Osman, Ziad Ghanem, Moataz Fathi, Tómas Lemarquis, James Loye, Zehra Leverman, Herb Luft, Stan Lee, Joan Lee, Stephen Bogaert, John Bourgeois, Conrad Coates, Dan Lett, Adrian G. Griffiths, Shawn Campbell, Joe Cobden, Henry Hallowell, Danielle Dury, Naomi Frenette, Aj Risi, Raphaël Dury, Ilan Rosenberg, Erika Heather Mergl, Tauntaun, Mary-Piper Gaudet, Josh Madryga, Scott Cook, Allen Keng, Tally Rodin, Francis Limoges, Tsu-Ching Yu, Karl Walcott, Desmond Campbell, Ian Geldart, John Ottman, Linda Joyce Nourse, Zeljko Ivanek, Christopher B. MacCabe, Chris Cavener, Ronald Tremblay, Joseph Bellerose, Philippe Hartmann, Sebastien R. Teller, Alexander Peganov, Simon Therrien, Patrice Martre, James Malloch, Vladimir Alexis, Jason Deline, Hugh Jackman

Release: 2016-05-18

Runtime: 144

Plot: After the re-emergence of the world's first mutant, world-destroyer Apocalypse, the X-Men must unite to defeat his extinction level plan.
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Following the critically acclaimed global smash hit X-Men: Days of Future Past, director Bryan Singer returns with X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshipped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.

In Theaters - May 27, 2016

Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar Isaac, Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn, Lucas Till, Evan Peters, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Josh Helman, Lana Condor, Ben Hardy​

Finally got around to watching this last night.
Meh... Had some visually appealing scenes and the acting was okay.
About 3/4 of the way into it I started wondering "how much more is there?".
So yeah, I never really got 'lost' in it.
Stan Lee's cameo was in your face 'bad'.
The 'after credits' sequence was dumb. Ohno, not another Wolverine movie...please gawd no.
The apocalyptic scenes were not wonderous for me...I recall realizing that CGI still has a long way to go.
Personally, I don't need heroes so there is no real appeal to me for superheroes.
I might play this again...for the children...

Back