X-MEN III

Xhar

Cadet
Ok, first off, if youve never read an X-Men comic, but like a good action flick with a halfway decent story, go see this now!

If, however, your an old-time/Long time X-Men reader, you'll probably get pissed... I did.

Compared to the comic, they screwed up the origins/nationalities/genders/attitudes and even allignments of a ton of tertiary characters. Call me a purist, but damn, they screwd with a LOT of stuff. Stuff they didnt need to mess with to keep story continuity going.

>edit to remove other parts that could spoil it for those who havent seen it<

That said, I did enjoy the casting and the job the cast did keeping true to the main characters they were portraying. The new director also did a good job in getting the action going once it did.

Honourable mention goes to the GREAT series of prevues before the movie, some good looking flicks comming out, especially Fearless (the new Jet Li movie), and GHOST RIDER!!! As someone who used to read this comic with a flashlight under his blanket late at night, I really sat up with my jaw dropped open at the sight of the visual effects in the trailer alone. If this movie holds true to its trailer, its going to be AWSOME!!!

Overall, go See X-Men, but dont look for a follow up to the comics, its more like a homage B)

Xhar

It was a good movie. I know little about the X-Men comics, but as a sequel to two other good action flicks, it was superb.

The trailer for the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, however, was my favorite part of the movie. :lol:

Since I too don't want to spoil it... I've heard they might be trying to make this another timeline of X-Men... like Uncanny X-Men vs. X-Men, etc.

Though you're right ... I feel severely let down.

~ Jaraeth

The movie is more based on the X-Men Unlimited or something like that. I remember reading that somewhere when the first one was coming out. I could be wrong.

Czi

Back