XBloods Heros Journey's Bar

Xblood

Cadet
well i just thought would be ultra cool to start this forum off like this

"walks in to the door looks around... no1 is in sight except for the bar tender walk up to the counter and asks the bar tender for some sprit water to heal the wounds from the Journey early in the day... the bar tender slides me the drink i pick it up step back find a table in the back in the shadows sit back with my head down remembering the days be4"

now whos next to walk into the bar?

A wisper in my ear, as I walk into this bar. I was told by the leader of my clan to sit and wait. someone will find you, As for me I have a mission, a mission of death.
as I walk in and look around i only see one other, sitting in the darkest shadow with there head down. and all i can think is expect the worst. now i order a drink and sit on the other side of the room and wait. Wait for this Person....

She waltzed into the bar, drawing the attention of the few people there.

It's been a long time since she had some rest, and a drink sounded just about right. Tossing a few coins on the bar, she took a seat and started guzzling the ale passed to her.

She sat silently and her thoughts went to those who had died, but she shook her head and made herself forget with another swig. She didn't want to remember that anymore.

Running away from a pack of imaginary wolves, Regnore the Mad stumbles through the door. He than checks to make sure the wolves passed and walks up to the bartender.

"Wolves, dangerous creatures they be. How about a drink to relax me, i've had a hard days fight. It's amazing how many vilages need my help these days." Regnore says sits down.

"Brave and mighty you are Regnore, you honor these humble folk with your presence."
Chanted the voices in his head.

"No need to tell me that Arday, tell these mere peasants to BOW before me."
Yelled Ardel as he turned around and gestured for the occupants of the bar to bow.

"Your drink sir."
Said the bartender, obviously annoyed.

"Ah splendid. Your lucky im in a good mood, or you wouldnt be getting paid HALF as much as you are." He said as he pulled out 3 smooth pebbles.

Regnore was the town "drunk" although he wasn't drunk, just mad!

The bartender accepted the pebbles, playing along with Regnore as to not upset him, the last time he was told he was insane, the nearly wrecked half the bar.

(im bored with nothing else to do)

"looks up at regnore and studys his action shows a little smile with how crazy this town drunk is"

"then he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a shiney stone... the stone has a blueish green glow to it"

"then he takes a look at it... set it on the table...takes a swift sip of his sprit water"

"then he pulls out a little dagger he keeps hidden on his leg its polished with blood"

"he then gets um slowly and moves accrosed the bar to the other end where the strange waitful man is sitting"

"he then sits accrosed from him sets the dagger on the table and askes a simple little question"

"do you have a rag"

He treads into the bar slowly, allowing his eyes to adjust to the dim light inside of the tavern. It has been a long journey, but the Path of the Light was never at an end, and weariness a thing long alien to him. Perhaps even here he may find those willing to accept the Teachings of the Light, those shrouded in darkness and blind to Light and Life shall be made to see once again!

Alas, for now it was time for rejuvenation of the stomach! Even the Holiest must eat...

He strides up to the bar, his eyes now adjusted to lighting and signals to the barkeep, "Ho my good man! Bring me your finest wine of deep red, and a plate of whatever is emitting that lovely fragrance from your kitchen, and another round for all of the good patrons!"

*The bar door slowly creaks open, fog billowing in and veiling the floors of the room. As the mysterious mist converges closer to the perplexed patrons, a dark robed figure glides forth, it's face concealed by a long hood, hands stashed secretively within the robe's pockets. It is seemingly floating within it's robes atop the mist. The bartender is obviously apprehensive as the figure approaches the bar. No words are exchanged, and yet a mug of ale is poignantly produced and swiftly splashed onto the face of the bar in front of the figure, the tender of which is clearly shaken to his core. A few drops of the liquid flies at the occult outlander, but strangely looses all velocity before staining it's robes and falls limply to the wooden surface below. A nod is all the figure offers to the shopkeeper and a few golden coins glide from some crevice below it's robes and land with a soft thud in front of him. Seemingly satisfied, the obviously non-habitué settles itself within a chair near the rear corner of the room. Within moments the air around it fills with a dark mist, shrouding the corner to all not contained within it's roughly 5 square foot cloud.*

wanting to avoid being seen upon entry, the rouge slowly circles the shadows of the tavern looking for a hidden entrance. he had rumor of a business opportunity in the vicinity of this village. he was sure that he could overhear something worth noting inside. a small shattered window at the rear of the building looks inviting.....

inside the tavern... a harsh knock on the door startles the customers and everyone turns to check out the situation, everyone except the town drunk, who is busy singing loudly to a lop-sided picture on the wall. the barkeep opens the door onl to reveal the empty street and an icy breeze. after all has returned to normal, the barkeep notices someone that he hadn't seen come in. a sinister looking fellow was seated in the shadows next to an old broken piano. his hood was pulled low and no visible features of the mans face could be seen, except for a long scar running down the right side of his face. the barkeep decided that he must have overlooked the stranger and went back to cleaning the bar. just as the barkeep was about to finish his duties, he stopped in mid-step and listened. He knew that it couldn't be true. he turned and saw that the suspicsious looking fellow was arched over the broken piano, running his finger over the splintered keys, playing a tune that chilled his bones.

the rogue thought to himself.. 'now that i have made my presence now, i will wait for someone to reveal a clue for what i have come seeking'

She pushed the door open just enough to slip quietly into the tavern.

No one noticed. They all stared, mesermized, at the hooded figure coxing truly haunting music from the shabby piano. He stopped playing abruptly and turned toward the bar. Nothing but a glint from an eye showing within the hood.

She tugged on the bartenders arm to gain his attention. He jumped in surprise and not a little fear. Passing him a single gold for wine and a meal she gathered the tattered tartan close about her. She made her way through the now silent room to the small table near the fire, barely noticing the others around her.

'All gone,' she thought. 'No family, no clan, all gone.' She sipped from the wine the bartender set in front of her. 'I will find those responsible, I will........'

As i look up into the strangers face who asked me a question "do you have a rag" !

I think,

how fast can i draw my blade?

and where to strike?

but i've never been the type to strike with out reason

so i ask the man to join me for a drink as i pull a blood stained rag...

and hand it to the man as i ask his name!

"Says to the man as he takes the blood stained rag My name is Xblood"

"puts his hand out and says whats yours and i would be happy you join you in a drink"

"then takes the dagger and slides the dagger back into a hidden area on his leg and then hands the man his rag and says thanks"

With a firm hand shake i reply The name is brimfire!

as i watch the man named Xblood put his now clean dagger back. i respond your welcome.

and ask Xblood what are you drinking?

ill have the same..

as we wait i though about my life, the life of a mercenary.
how many people i've killed in the name of gold. am i that greedy.
and now this mission to use my blade to kill a lawman that has found out a little to much to keep are way of life safe...

i snap out of it and come back for my memories of the past..

and say all i can trust is myself and my blade.......

"says ill have a ale"

"then shouts and snaps at the bar tender to bring 2 ales"

"then he sinks in his chair and study's the strange man brimfire"

"then sitting up remembers he has left his stone on the table says ill be back"

"runs to the table at breakneck speed and picks up the stone and holds it up in the air and just looks at it in his own little world... then he slowly walks back to the table where brimfire sits with a expression on his face like he just went to hell and back"

"he then sits down and looks brimfire deeply in the eyes and ask what brings you to these parts"

i look up at Xblood and say i came here for a mission im waiting for someone

and you... what bring you to these parts?

and if you dont mind what is that stone you carry in your hands.

"says to himself what brings me to these parts?"

"looks at brimfire and says im looking for a person who knows what i need to know"

"then says this stone.................."

"this stone here is a gift.... a gift from the lord of my land... he gave it to me when i left for my first journey...... when i came back my land... my home.. was gone.. like it was erased from time its self... but this stone is strange to me too... when i have it in battle and im down and out... not knowing if this is the end... i feel its power.. it gives me.. the power of my elders.. of the lords of my land... "

"pulls out the Stone it glows very bright, then sets it on the table"

"I am looking for a man... or someone who knows of my land... of this stone.. of its strange power.."

"looks at brimfire with hope and asks.... do you have any clue.. have your heard any legends? anything?"

Looking at Xblood then telling he my story of the restless night full of

nightmares, Nightmare of a city, a city destroyed in one night by a army unlike

anyother, remembering all the innocents killed that night, that dreadfull night, and

then there leader in the deepest black armor ive ever seen it was like looking into

the mouth of hell itself. But never hearing a full name just remembering the title

Dark Blade. I dont know how much it will help you Xblood but this army haunts

me for some reason. Maybe it was fate for us to meet and for me to tell you my

tail, maybe.................

"looks at brimfire with eyes wide after hearing the story"

"takes the stone and puts it back in his pocket"

"leans back in the chair.. takes a sip of the ale and puts it back down"

"then says to brimfire well that may very well be my land.. my city.. but there is really no why to tell.... i have heard many tales of such things happening to other towns and citys... this meeting may be fate or not i dont know... but there is only 1 way to tell if your dream is my citry... if you can tell me where or what the surroundings look like or anything"

The only thing i can say for sure is ive seen that stone before in this dream

incrested in a sword high on a mountain looking over this city pulsing with a

strange golw almost like it protecting the city even after the destruction it stayed

there over looking the city. the sword i speak of has a tye of cat or other ferial

animal on the pummel with its mouth wide open and this stone inside of it.. the

blade must have been master crafted for it looks like the sword has been in the

ground for many of years but has not aged.....

all i know is that this sword has great power waiting to e unleashed once again.....

Rics stumbles into the tavern with a wet fish on his head and wearing nothing by a loincloth. Tightening his grip on a flimsy stick in one hand he raps himself viciously on the forehead, then frowning at a red candle in his other hand he promptly, but efficiently, takes a huge bite. Rics glares at everyone in the tavern and mumbles something about "toads and ogre farts" through a mouthful of red candle.

"I ate a red candle," he states simply.

Turning sharply on his bare heel he flees from the room in a panic leaving the wet fish hovering in the air for a split second before it splats to the ground. The fish flops once in its last death throes before going still.

A glimmer of light and the smell of power woke her from her reverie. Rising, she moved quickly, silently to the table where the strangely dressed warrior and the mercenary sits.
"FOOL" she hissed. "Know you not what you do?!" The two jumped and reached for their weapons. She reached out and gently closed the warriors fingers around the stone. The light waned.
"You would so openly display a soul stone?" she said so quietly that they had to strain to hear her. "Do you not value your life and the lives of your people?"
When neither responded or relaxed their hands on their blades she snorted in disgust and turned back to her table and her interupted meal.

Back