XBloods Heros Journey's Bar

He strides over towards the mercenary whom he heard mention "Dark Blade." The Light had revealed It's purpose in him coming here!

He reaches the mercenary and turns him around, grasping his shirt with both hands, "You mentioned a name. Dark Blade. You MUST tell me all that you know in The Name of the Light! If gold is your master then you shall have it. By the Holy Light I Command thee to speak!"

all the while playing the defunct piano, the rogue listens closely to the mutterings of the various travelers. He has deduced that this was definitely the right destination to find the clues he needed. His confidant had mentioned he would find the clues here he needed to find "riches of your wildest dreams". he still was not sure of his first move, but he knew he was closer than yesterday. he yawns and gets up from the piano. the rogue summons the barkeep to fetch him something strong. the small clips of information he had overheard/seen were playing in his head. 'the death of an entire clan'.....'the bloody knife'.....'soulstone'.

the barkeep slides him a drink, which he adeptly catches before it falls from the bar. the drink is a dark brown and is steaming slightly. he drains it in one swig and cherishes the warming sensation.

he walks back to his seat at the piano, but does not play. he reaches into his traveling cloak and pulls out an ornate pipe (stolen from the magistrate from a nearby town). he lights the pipe and props his feet up on the table, staring from person to person trying to assess their strengths and weaknesses. soon he will approach someone for information or possibly some help. he realizes now there is more to his quest than he previously thought. he throws a little caution to the wind and decides to wait a little longer, to see if anyone might slip some information while under the influence of a drink or ten. :thinking:

*Weaving lines of an intricate spell pattern through the misty fog the robed figure opens a small window when it hears the word "FOOL!". It sees the stone, glowing brightly before it is closed back into the hand, and recalls Xblood's description repeatedly in it's mind,

"when i have it in battle and im down and out... not knowing if this is the end... i feel its power.. it gives me.. the power of my elders.. of the lords of my land...".

"The powers of the lords of his land" it thinks in it's head. "So that must have been what they were looking for when they hired me." it continues to itself.

Quickly, but quietly, it casts a tracking spell upon it's ale, enhancing the liquid's fat solublility and empowering it with powers that can be used to trace location.

It stands, dark as the blackest night itself within it's robes and shroud of mist. The mist covers half of the figure's body, which stands 6'4". It walks slowly towards the table of Xblood, and stops behind him, unwatched by the patrons of the bar- if they could even see it in the gloomy light.

A shrill, high pitched scream is heard from behind Xblood's chair, everyone in the bar grasps their ears and closes their eyes, grimacing in pain. Xblood is covered in an unidentified liquid that he believes smells like ale. He turns to shout at whomever spilled it on him, but finds only evaporating mists.*

"stands looking really confused at all just had happened in such short time"

"then walks to the bartender and ask for something to wash off this water or liquid that was spilled on him"

"then he goes back to the table sits down pulls his hood over his head the hood covers his eyes"

"then he looks at brimfire and says i dont feel we can speak freely here anymore... that strange women has to know something..."

She returns to her table and as she sits a commosion starts at the table where she left the warrior and mercenary. All eyes are on the conflict as the priest lifts the mercenary from his chair demanding immediate response.
'By the Lady!' she thought as she lifts her wine glass from the table. 'What place is this with its stink of dark powers. Where fools speak of the Dark Blade in shouts not whispers. And those selfsame fools show a soul stone as if it twere a pretty trinket!'
She looks toward the table and her eyes narrow. Can it be that only she sees the black mist hovering behind the warrior. She sees the liquid cover the man, and knows that a dark spell has been cast. She sighs 'So it begins!'

After finishing the well needed drink a young female begins to walk back to the bar. When she walks into the candle light from the wall she had been leaning on for quite some time the patrons of the bar noticed her. She was average in height with fiery red hair that seemed as if it was made of silk. Her face was simply enchanting something the patrons had obviously not been acustomed to. Her walk was soft yet empowering as she headed to the bar seeming to grab the attention of most people in the room. She apparently didnt seemed bothered by the recent events as she calmly requesed another two drinks.

As she turned to walk toward the mercinary at the table It was all to apparent she wasn't as she seemed. She wore Clothing that looked to be made of a very quality material. It wafed as she moved but appeared to be very durable. On her waist hung a very ornate sheath that seemed to give of a presance of its own.She pulled a chair from a neighboring table and sat next to the mercinary. He returned to his seat beckoning for the others to calm down almost relieved at the sight of her. As she opened her mouth the speak The patrons were entranced by her absolutly angelic voice,
she spoke.

BrimFire It has been all too long since we could share a Drink Brother.

The other members at the table curious as a sinister grin broke on the young mercinarys face.

A drink yes

but now a question how.....

how did you find me? I was so sure that no one saw me leave that night, But atlast it is good to see you Sadistra Firestar.

Let me introduce you to someone, This is Xblood!

She Looks over at X-Blood

Good evening X-Blood, It is a pleasure to meet you.

She pauses than Looks back to the mercinary

Sadistra giggles

Now Now Brim We have known Each other way too long for you to ask questions Like that.

Sadistra makes a brief pause to look at the table and then the general vicinity only to look back to the mercinary and ask....

Has trouble found you again?

Ahh Never a dull moment....

she said sighing almost as if she was remebering a long loved memory.

As for the trouble.

I do not know if...It... Has found me yet but i feel something is comeing and soon

for as of recent i have had my dreams again! But this is no time for that discussion!!

Now is time for relax and Drink!!

So I see you still wield that toothpick of a sword, *smiles and laughs*.

I have another question for you sadistra if you are here, who is protecting the clan?

is everything alright! did something happen?

Sadistra Pauses looking Briefly at her rapier sealed away i her scabbard.

Well Brim you as well as I both now Many a victum has fallen to my foil, Sometime you just need a little Finnese for the situation.

She takes a drink,

As for my presance here You should have nothing to fear I have currently been assinged to this pub and Kaervik has been assinged in my stead.

Before I forget Here....

Sadistra hands over a key to Brim and points over to a chest near the wall she was previously leaning at. Hard to make out in the shadows Was a Huge Chest Easily resembaling a coffin. Made of steel and containing multiple Locks.

Griffion requested I Bring this along with Me said I would no what to do When the time was right. Now it all makes sence to Me It must contain That Huge Piece of Steel You so call a "Mans Weapon".

She takes a brief pause and another Drink.

Brim is this a longtime friend of yours.... she peers over at x-Blood

"looking dead at this lady called Sadistra... then at brimfire....then with confusin on his face he puts his head down"

"and then answers sadistra's question she asked brimfire."

"no we are not long time friends we have just met here in this bar... but i have a feeling something is strange about our meeting"

It would seem like Griffen sees the on comeing battles ahead!

Xblood please excuse me for just a little while....

As i stand and walk over to the coffin and use the key gave to me by Sadistra to open all the lock and life open the door.......

the room grows silent and all eye turn to me as i pull a huge cloth coverd sword out of the case.

then i close my eye and think once more on my past ( how many people and deamons have been slayed by this blade. its has lost it shine to a blodd stained tint.....) As i pull off the cloth and uncover my Best steel as i look into the Coffin once more and see The black armor.. the armor of a Death Knight. i look over at sadistra as i put my well missed armor back on and say does this meen what i think?

"looks up to see what prizes brimfire has gotten from his friend... then when he see's the black armor brimfire was explaining in his dream his eyes open wide.. he jumps up really fast knocking over his chair.. he then calms himself and then walks up behind brimfire slowly.. and gets his bow and arrow ready in 1 hand.. and then says in a low voice was this man you explained to me..... was it you?"

Sadistra takes another long drink relaxing furthur in her chair wondering what might become of this. She leans back onto the chair crossing one leg over the other, Knowing all too well the situations her Comrad could get into.

At this time sadistra knew the events that have transpired in this pub had all by now stirred the nerves of the other patrons. She reached into her boot and revealed her glistning silver and onyx flute and prepared it to be played.

Sadistra exclaimed, I know Your journeys have been rough my fellow travelers, and these times are real tough. Lets all have a drink and relax this is a place of sanctuary and I will do what I can to make you feel comfortable.

Sadistra began to play a lovely melody on her flute attempting to bring joy and relaxation to the fellow patrons. She traveled over to the barkeep while playing and perched herself onto the bar by the support beam.

Hopeing to have changed the Mood of the stressed patrons sadistra continued to
looking over at her comrad as if waiting for approval.

the rogue snuffs his pipe and watches the ashes fall incessantly to the floor. he had seen enough events unfold to realize this is not the place to have any kind of showdown. he walks up to the table of the three warriors and speaks barely above a whisper. "evening, i have overheard your tale and i believe i may be of some service. i have heard news of your destroyed land xblood, and believe i can help you with what you seek. it seems that we have made contact with a particularly dark wizard who doesn't have good intentions. i do not know what kind of incantation that was, but i think it was ill. i am going to try to follow him. if you need me, send your message with this. you can call me Darkraven."

Xblood looks down at the parcel Darkraven had given him. it was wrapped in a silky cloth. he unfolds the cloth and sees a small dark carving in the shape of a raven in flight. a note was attached to the figure in a hastily scribbled fashion. to send me a message say go to your master

xblood looks up with a look of bewilderment and starts to say something, but the rogue had vanished as easily as he arrived.

BrimFire turn and faces Xblood

Xblood im not the one you seek... im just a mercinary. no army, no friends, just my guild and me.

Sadistra know my past if my words where not pure she would know.

now put that away before something bad happends!

I want to end this call that has brought us here tonight just as much as you!!

Brimfire walks back to the table with coffin on his back and sword in hand and sits back down and closes his eyes!

"Feels really stupid... and put down his arms and goes sit down..."

"then opens the parcel darkraven had givin him and lays it on the table... and asks brimfire this darkraven guy says to get in touch wit him say go to your master... what will that do?"

Sadistra still remains perched on the bar playing the most enchanting tune. All she yearns for is to bring quiet to this night and relaxation to its patrons. Sadistra ponders over the events that have transpired to come to the conclusion that there are many strange and skilled people pulled to this one place at this one time.

Sadistra begins to wonder if there was some great meaning for everyone to be here at this one time. The incidents that have happened the skills of all that were brought here by whatever reason was too coincidental. She continues playing her flute waiting for the truth to this night and hopeing everyone here would be prepared.

She looks approvingly at Sadistia.
'The lass has surely prevented a confrontation of sorts here, tonite.' She thinks, enjoying the soothing magic of the Sadistia's flute.
'But it HAS begun' she mused. 'Just like the Lady told me in my vision.'
She looked around the tavern....'and they gather...all together, each with his or her own part to play in the coming pagent even the one who plays the drunk.'

'And I too have my role. When they be ready they will ask...then we will be on our way!'

She settled her tattered tartan carefully around her shoulders, leaned back in her chair, closed her eyes prepared to rest....while she can....and listen to the beautiful music.

Diem feels much relieved after he realizes that BrimFire is not the one he seeks...he is not The Dark Blade. That one would pay dearly for all of his sins.

Calmed by the music put out by the lusty mercanary/bard he decides everyone could use another drink...and food! Yes, by the Light some food would be wonderful.

"Bartender! Oh Bartender, my good man! Yes, yes that's right! You!" he points. "Food and Drink for all of the patrons! The Light cannot battle evil on an empty stomach you know!"

Back