Season 5 Yelena Derevko possible spoiler

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
originally posted at Alias-Media

According to a local newspaper in today’s edition (Sao Paulo - Brazil), Brazilian actress Sonia Braga will be a guest star on Alias. She is likely to play Katya’s (Isabella Rosselini) sister and is negotiation with JJ Abrams and the producers of the show. The news were given by Isabella Rosselini in a recent interview with the Alias cast, in Los Angeles. "

I have no idea how they're gonna pull of Brazillian as Russian. :blink: and she doesn't look like Lena Olin or Isabella Rosslini. :blink:

sonia-braga02.jpg

in this one she looks a bit more Russian I suppose but still... wierd. :blink:
cospi134.jpg

:blink:
--Mandy :angelic:

She really doesn't look like Irina or Katya. Its a good possibility that she is adopted. Maybe a different father or mother. ^_^

Ooh please why can't the just someone thatdoes look like a Derevko, by the way wasn't she the girl who played in that show, with Bill Cosby right? Whatever.... :blink:

JJ please take somebody else!

ermm... i could see a connection with nadia maybe... cos nadia doesn't look like sloane or irina.. like at all. but nadia and yelena.. HRM.

She looks great though ... ;)

sonia-braga04.jpg

71-sonia_braga.jpg

triarrivem.jpg

and she is a very talented actress (y)

Born in Maringa, Brazil, Sonia Braga acted on the stage as a teenager. She quickly rose to stardom on Brazilian soap operas during the '60s, but it was not until Bruno Barreto's Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands (1977) that she gained international screen stardom. She played the title character, a remarried widow who is prone to erotic visits from her first husband's ghost. She worked with Barreto again for the 1983 erotic drama Gabriela, based on one of her TV roles.

Her first mainstream Hollywood movie was Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985), in the dual role of the mythical title character herself and the woman of Raul Julia's past. She then appeared with Julia in her next few films, including Paul Mazursky's Moon Over Parador (earning her a Golden Globe nomination), Clint Eastwood's The Rookie, and John Frankenheimer's The Burning Season (earning her an Emmy nomination). She hasn't always played a sexpot, however; she was firey garage owner Ruby in Robert Redford's The Milagro Beanfield War as well as the math teacher known as "the Dragon Lady" on The Cosby Show. After living in the U.S. for some time, she returned to Brazil in 1996 to star in the romantic comedy Tieta of Agreste, which she also co-produced. The role of Tieta was a self-reflexive one, that of a mature beautiful woman returning to Brazil after several years away. In the late '90s, she worked on the miniseries Streets of Laredo, A Will of Their Own, and Four Corners. In 2001 she joined the cast of Gregory Nava's PBS series American Family as matriarch Berta. She can also be seen as Jennifer Lopez's mother in Angel Eyes and as Kim Cattrall's lover Maria on Sex and the City. ~ Andrea LeVasseur, All Movie Guide

spiderwoman.jpg

spiderwoman2.jpg

Actually, I don't think it's true. This is what DeputyDirector posted on sd-1:

Sonia Braga will be playing "Sophia", basically Nadia's caretaker as a child.

She's supposed to be the head of the Orphanage where Nadia grew up.

MarshallforPresident said:
That sounds great. She looks mystical and dangerous along with being beautiful, just like Irina. I think thats what they are going for. Should be interesting.
[post="1194848"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. Whatever role she's playing, be it Elena or Nadia's guardian, if it's true it's yet again great casting... (y)

*IriS* said:
[post="1194685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh alright! I was confused because it's just wierd. I would make sense since she's brazillian and Mia is argentinian and they kinda have the same traits... :thinking:
--Mandy :angelic:

^ Ohhh. That's cool! omg what if it turned out Nadia wasn't really Irina's daughter at all? *dun dun dun* lol Prolly won't happen, but eh...

^^ actually, that was what I was thinking too ... that Nadia is NOT Irina's daughter ... ;)

but Sonia will be a great addittion to the show ... (y)

*IriS* said:
[post="1194685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I would HATE it if she turned out to be her caretaker AND her aunt....

UncoveringAlias said:
I would HATE it if she turned out to be her caretaker AND her aunt....
[post="1197082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually that would be kind of brilliant. And I bet we wouldn't know until afterwards that she was really the aunt- I mean after they introduce her as the caretaker. Whew.
:group:

There's a ton of new photos from "The Orphan" up at Abcmedianet,some which do include Sonia Braga. You can see them here. :smiley: Aliasmedia doesn't have them up yet.

Back