Yet another project for JJ?

Crew News

Official News Poster
Alias Man Teams with Oteri

J.J. Abrams working with SNL's Cheri Oteri on new comedy series for ABC.
By Lisa Johnson
FilmStew.com

Series creator and producer J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Felicity) and Saturday Night Live alumna Cheri Oteri have teamed up to develop a comedy project for ABC and Touchstone Television. Actual details of the sitcom are being held close to the vest.

It is known, however, that the project will be based on an idea that Abrams has created specifically for Oteri, who has a holding deal with ABC for the Abrams project. Abrams' Bad Robot Television banner is based is based at Touchstone, which is also Disney based.

This is believed to be the first comedy the WMA-repped Abrams has created. Insiders say veteran comedy writer-producer Carol Leifer (Seinfeld) will be working on the pilot.

Oteri, who is represented by UTA, manager Peg Donegan and attorney Michael Gendler, was with SNL from 1995-2000. She was the subject of a Best of Cheri Oteri compilation of her memorable SNL skits, which aired on NBC last weekend and will come out sometime later this year on DVD. Most recently, she has been in China filming the indie feature Smile, a drama starring Beau Bridges about U.S. physicians who travel to Third World countries to perform surgery on needy children.

Read Full Article

That's not good..I don't want JJ to divide his attention from alias. It's bad enough that he is doing Lost now too. I don't like this at all. I want him to focus his atetntion on Alias 120% of the time.

OMFG!!!! :thud: I LOVE Cheri Oteri!!!!! :love: YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :woot:

ETA: LOL Yeah what is JJ thinking?! :blink: He's trying to juggle way too much. It's like he *wants* Alias to fail. -_-

Back