Yoga, anyone tried?

Zachery

Cadet
I'm currently trying YRG Fitness stuff. I did my first workout today and I was fairly pooped after 34 min.

Low impact, no a whole lot of crappy stuff to buy, etc.

Also need to go for a walk in a bit, but the heat is crazy today :(

Not something I've tried but sounds interesting. Do you have an instructor or going self-taught?

I'm doing the YRG Fitness program, a friend lent me the dvd's but not the rest of the equipment. I bought a yoga block to help with balance and a yoga mat. I didn't get out for a walk today.

If I ever had any inclination to try yoga this article removed any of it:

How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body (Published 2012)

How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body

According to Black, a number of factors have converged to heighten the risk of practicing yoga. The biggest is the demographic shift in those who study it. Indian practitioners of yoga typically squatted and sat cross-legged in daily life, and yoga poses, or asanas, were an outgrowth of these postures. Now urbanites who sit in chairs all day walk into a studio a couple of times a week and strain to twist themselves into ever-more-difficult postures despite their lack of flexibility and other physical problems

It's a pretty long article...

I glanced over, the yoga program I'm doing is designed from what I can tell to be stupid person/easy. You're told to modify the positions that he shows you to become easier for you, if you need to and shows you how to modify them to make them easier for the majority of them.

Its not extreme yoga, I'm a fat dude :D and I didn't have a whole lot of a problem, but it gave me a really good workout.

Back