Yogi Bear Steals Picnic Baskets and the Big Screen For Live-Action/CGI Hybrid

Robby

Helper Bot
Yogi Bear Steals Picnic Baskets and the Big Screen For Live-Action/CGI Hybrid

MTV Movie Blog said:
100208_yogibear.jpg
Hollywood has heard your pleas, film fans! Beloved Hanna-Barbera character Yogi Bear is getting his own big-screen movie, courtesy of Warner Bros. Ash Brannon (”Surf’s Up”) is set to direct, and Joshua Sternin and Jeffrey Ventimilia of “That 70’s Show” are penning the screenplay.

You all remember Yogi, of course. He and his little friend Boo-Boo created all kinds of trouble for campers at Yellowstone National Park by stealing their picnic baskets and consuming their contents in a relentless orgy of greed. They were constantly chased by the relentless Ranger Smith (shades of “The Matrix”) but never defeated.

Warner Bros. is aiming to make the movie a mix of live-action and CG-animation, like the recent “Alvin and the Chipmunks” and “Garfield.” Obviously, Yogi and Boo-Boo will be animated, and torment human actors in a real-life Yellowstone.

I find these hybrids kind of terrifying (though the chipmunks in “Alvin” were cuter than I expected), but that might just be me, and as I’m not the intended target audience, that’s of no concern to Hollywood.

There’s no word yet on who will play the harassed Ranger Smith alongside CG Yogi, but now is your chance to name your pick, and make film history.

Have you been clamoring for a live-action Yogi Bear? Or is this a firm “skip?” Let us know below.

tracker.php
(via MTV Movie Blog)

I am somewhat embarrassed to say this but... I will watch this movie. Growing up I was a huge Yogi fan.

As to who should play Ranger Smith, my vote would be for Steve Carell playing the character. It should be played as the straight man and let the zingers be done by the animated Yogi & Boo-Boo.

Back