Yom Hashoah (Holocaust rememberance day)

GO Syd

Cadet
tommorow is holocaust rememberance day, or in hebrew, yom hashoah. i dont know if ne1 else has nething that they are doing as a memorial, but my school does this thing every year where we either go to pan pacific park or to wilshire blvd temple for a big memorial service, which is usually a bunch of readings and songs about it

i didnt even know that it was tomorrow. thanks for posting this! i will remember, it was such an awful mark in history, i went to the musuem in Washington DC and watched zillions of movies and read night and other such memiors. i still cant believe that someone can have that much hate for another person and order the deaths of millions of innocent people.

I went to Pan Pacific Park and the Wlshire Blvd. Temple for school too last year. It was fun.

The freshman class goes every year, but tomorrow's trip was cancelled for some reason.

hey i'm glad that you started this thread! everyone needs to remember and everyone needs to know. its amazing how many people out there don't even know about the holocaust or well they might know but they don't really grasp what happend...this girl in my class the other day got up and did some stupid report over some author and well anyway the author's family had been "lost" during the holocaust and the way she talked about it...i could tell she had no idea...of really anything about it. my grandmother would roll over in her grave if she would have heard her! but anyway...back to my point...everyone needs to know!

Victoria King said:
i didnt even know that it was tomorrow. thanks for posting this! i will remember, it was such an awful mark in history, i went to the musuem in Washington DC and watched zillions of movies and read night and other such memiors. i still cant believe that someone can have that much hate for another person and order the deaths of millions of innocent people.
OMG wasn't Night such a powerful book? After reading that book, my life has changed. i appreciate things more and love my friends and family more.

The Holocaust has been the topic for English this month and I can't believe the things that were done but we need to learn about it and study it so nothing like this happens ever again.

Its tomorrow? I could have sworn it was later this week... THey told us we were going to be there for it...

OH!!!

LMAO We get there tomorrow Israel time. LOL :smacks herself: Ditz.

Yeah, I'm going to Israel. Be nice and post me a note in my forum... :smiley:

nance said:
Victoria King said:
OMG wasn't Night such a powerful book? After reading that book, my life has changed. i appreciate things more and love my friends and family more.

The Holocaust has been the topic for English this month and I can't believe the things that were done but we need to learn about it and study it so nothing like this happens ever again.
yes it was a great book!!!

and yes it will be tommorrow, and aliasALIAS, why are u not going to go? btw, what school r u from if u dont mind saying it here?

i am just so happy at the exposure this thread has got!! i doubted that ne1 would find this of ne importance to them! but thankfully this topic is meaniingful to people

oooooo and i have to light that candle they give us every year for it tommorow

When Hitler's general asked what would happen when the world found out about the Jews being slaughtered, Hitler said, "Who now remembers the Armenians?"

Who remembers indeed.

thanks for posting this !! I didn't know it was today even if we study this massacre every year in history !
I thought it was Shoah in hebrew !

wow, today I gave a presentation about Himmler, he was really bad guy under Hitler. Yeah know its really said We do the Holocaust ever year in school, yet I still think the teachers never remember about today. Its reall sad to talk abou the Holocaust because I had some family die because of The inhumanity and ruthless Nazi party. ( I'm half Jewish,dad's side, and I'm have Polish-Catholic,mom's side) and both sides of my family has been affected. I think its really important to remember the ppl of the Holocaust!

~KM

Sophie said:
thanks for posting this !! I didn't know it was today even if we study this massacre every year in history !
I thought it was Shoah in hebrew !
yes ur correct it is shoah!!!
but world war two is milchemet olam hashniah

and thank you every1 who helped commemorate this horrific event, and making it harder to happen again
as i said before: never forget, <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WE WILL NEVER FORGET </span>

i didn't even realize it was today until i was walking around the center of campus and they had this thing set up where they read a list of names and ages of everyone who was killed in the holocaust (i think). as you can imagine, the list is quite long so they do this for the entire day - 24 hours. :confused: it really makes you realize just how horrible this all was...

Back