You know what my dad calls him?

Alias

Cadet
My dad always calls Jack "the Titanic guy" LOL it's funny, but when he does it frequently while I'm watching the show it gets anoying. But funny! :D

I can't remember seeing him in Titanic. I know he was in the movie and I watched it but I can't remember him in the movie. Can someone refresh my memory?

He was great in Annie but why did they have to shave his head? I mean if the guy has hair then let him have hair. I know in the old Annie that Mr. Warbucks was bald but Victor Garber actually HAS hair.

On Titanic, he was the architect of the ship. He described how it would sink, something like "The compartments will fill up, back and back, there's no stopping it. The ship will sink. From this point on it's only a matter of time." Or something like that. And he gave Rose his life jacket and then messed with the clock hands. I was 16 the last time I saw it (I'm 21 now) but my best friend and I saw it 12 times at the theater. (We thought 13 would be bad luck.) :rolleyes:

Azalea said:
On Titanic, he was the architect of the ship. He described how it would sink, something like "The compartments will fill up, back and back, there's no stopping it. The ship will sink. From this point on it's only a matter of time." Or something like that. And he gave Rose his life jacket and then messed with the clock hands. I was 16 the last time I saw it (I'm 21 now) but my best friend and I saw it 12 times at the theater. (We thought 13 would be bad luck.) :rolleyes:
O yeah! Now I remember! I only watched the movie twice so I can't remember it that well. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Victor Garber was great as Thomas Andrews. And Andrews himself was a very remarkable man. I read an old biography of him that was written not long after the sinking. It was fascinating. There was one funny incident when Thomas was about 18: He and some friends got to roughhousing in a hotel and accidentally broke a bedstead. The owner of the hotel said they would have to pay for a new one. Thomas said that in that case, the old one belonged to him. He and hid friends fixed the break, then took the bedstead apart and carried it on the tram all the way to the home of an elderly maid who worked at the hotel so that her ailing husband could use it instead of just sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I thought that was a sweet little story. And he was absolutely devoted to his work -- a genuine workaholic. He used to put in an incredible amount of time at Harlan & Wolfe shipyards, and yet found time for a wife and little daughter (not yet two when the Titanic sank; they weren't mentioned in the film). It's no wonder that after the sinking, one worker at the shipyard said that someone should have knocked Andrews over the head and dumped him into a lifeboat; he would never have gone voluntarily. "If any of them was worth saving, he was," the worker said.

Ophelia said:
Victor Garber was great as Thomas Andrews. And Andrews himself was a very remarkable man. I read an old biography of him that was written not long after the sinking. It was fascinating. There was one funny incident when Thomas was about 18: He and some friends got to roughhousing in a hotel and accidentally broke a bedstead. The owner of the hotel said they would have to pay for a new one. Thomas said that in that case, the old one belonged to him. He and hid friends fixed the break, then took the bedstead apart and carried it on the tram all the way to the home of an elderly maid who worked at the hotel so that her ailing husband could use it instead of just sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I thought that was a sweet little story. And he was absolutely devoted to his work -- a genuine workaholic. He used to put in an incredible amount of time at Harlan & Wolfe shipyards, and yet found time for a wife and little daughter (not yet two when the Titanic sank; they weren't mentioned in the film). It's no wonder that after the sinking, one worker at the shipyard said that someone should have knocked Andrews over the head and dumped him into a lifeboat; he would never have gone voluntarily. "If any of them was worth saving, he was," the worker said.
interesting.

Another odd factoid about Andrews. There's an interesting story about a man who may or may not have been Andrews in a former life (depending on whether you believe in such things). Unfortunately I don't remember a lot about the documentary (which appeared on the history channel, TLC or one of those), but there are some really odd and compelling circumstances in the man's life that are rather interesting.

verdantheart said:
Another odd factoid about Andrews. There's an interesting story about a man who may or may not have been Andrews in a former life (depending on whether you believe in such things). Unfortunately I don't remember a lot about the documentary (which appeared on the history channel, TLC or one of those), but there are some really odd and compelling circumstances in the man's life that are rather interesting.
interesting again.

i know. lol, the titanic guy, the first time i saw alias i said r we watching titanic? and my brother got mad at me for sum dumb reason, he like got all offended for jack, lol. o well

"Legally Blonde," "Sleepless in Seattle," "Me and MY Shadows: My Life With Judy Garland," "Invisible Child," "Tuck Everlasting," "Godspell," and numerous others. He's done lots of Broadway shows too. He's been busy!

My family said that too "oh, he was in the titanic !!!" i told them "yes but it's not his only role !!!!!!"
when i saw "catch me if you can" with my mother she gave me a nudge and said "she !" (she said that because i watched the first season over and over again)
More generally my close friends and my family don't remember the names of the a

My family said that too "oh, he was in the titanic !!!" i told them "yes but it's not his only role !!!!!!"
when i saw "catch me if you can" with my mother she gave me a nudge and said "she !" (she said that because i watched the first season over and over again)
More generally my close friends and my family don't remember the names of the actresses and actors that i like so it's always "oh, the girl of..." or "the boy of.." it drives me crazy, it's not difficult to remember the names, at least, of 5 people

Long Tall Texan said:
He was pretty good in Titanic and Annie. He recently was in "Music Man" on ABC.  Has he been in anything else?
Check out the IMDB for movie & TV credits. It leaves out his Broadway credits, of course.
;)

I remember watching the music man and other movies with him in it and smiling and being like "this is weird. jack bristow doesn't smile" then I have to remind myself he's not jack bristow but victor garber. And yes, he did an absolutely wondeful job in titanic (my fav. movie!)

syd_spy47 said:
I remember watching the music man and other movies with him in it and smiling and being like "this is weird. jack bristow doesn't smile" then I have to remind myself he's not jack bristow but victor garber. And yes, he did an absolutely wondeful job in titanic (my fav. movie!)
Yep, that's called "acting." So few actors do it that we tend to forget.
:D

Back