You Know You Live in New York City When ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marlene

You Know You Live in New York City When ...

You say "the city" and expect everyone to know that this means Manhattan. (yep...i went shopping in city this weekend!)
You live in New Yawk ... not New York. (ppl always complain about my a's)
You have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building. (LMAO...yeppers...actually I've seen the Statue of Liberty!)
You can get into a 4-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to Battery Park at 3:30 on the Friday before a long weekend, but can't find Wisconsin on a map. (I can find wisconsin on a map! My cousin goes to collage there! Yep...the 4 hour arguements...omg!)
Sometimes you forget that Staten Island is part of New Yawk. (Yeah...the place where they dumb the garbage...and Coney Island)
You consider Westchester "Upstate." (Knods)
The only thing in the Bronx is a Zoo and the Yankees. (Knods...and oven brick pizza!)
Yankee Stadium is just "The Stadium", and Shea Stadium is "Shea." (Yep)
You use the phrase "Ugh, tourists!" many times. (whenever i'm at canal or times sq!)
As far as you're concerned, the state of New York is the 5 boroughs, baby. (That's right!)
You think Guiliani would be a great President. (He's okay)
You think Central Park is "nature." (Yeah...a whole lot of it smack in the middle of the city!)

You tried to stay out of the bad neighborhoods until you realized every neighborhood is bad. (lmao...yes!)
Hookers and the homeless are invisible. (yea...who really cares any more)
You've considered stabbing someone just for saying "The Big Apple." :smiley:cringe: I use to say it when i was younger...eh, please don't!)
The middle finger is a form of communication. (I'm a very good example of that!)
You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual. (Estupido! :D)
Your door has more than 3 locks. (Erm...3 on my door...then there are 1's in the lobby!)
You go to a hockey game for the fighting ... in the stands ... to participate. (I don't like hockey...)
You consider eye contact an act of overt aggression. :smiley:D…yep…the eye…I do it!)

The subway makes sense. (yeah sure…you mean you don’t understand it?)
The subway should never be called anything prissy, like the Metro. (it’s the subway…don’t mess it up!)
You have gone the wrong way on the subway at least once. (sure…lmao…!)
There's no way of knowing how long it takes to take the bus ... anywhere. (yep…you might be stuck on there for a long time…)
You think $7.00 to cross a bridge is a fair price. (eh…I’m not payinh…)
You know that you have to use whatever means necessary to avoid the A train after 8 P.M. (well…not too sure about that…)
You can't park in midtown ... you just can't. (don’t try! Just don’t…)
You've ever worn out a car horn. (nope)
If there's no traffic on the George Washington, then you're on the wrong bridge. :smiley:knods:smiley:
You know in your heart that the construction on the Long Island Expressway will never be finished. (lmao…there’s always something closed…)
You secretly envy cabbies for their driving skill. (yeah…I can’t drive yet!)
You live in Manhattan and know you don't need a car.

Your favorite movie has DeNiro in it. (nope…jg for meeee!)
You call an 8' x 10' plot of patchy grass a yard. (erm…yes…unfortunately)
You complain about having to mow it. (yep!)
You are a skeeball juggernaut. (actually…no!)
You cried the day Ed Koch took over for Wapner. (huh?)
If you work in the city, seeing a celebrity on your lunch hour is no big deal. (nope…especially at the place my aunt sue to work at….)
You know deep down that Queens Center really is a bad mall. (yeah…I live 20 minutes from it…but it’s horrible!…it’s one of the most profitable malls in the us though…)
Handball is a sport. (yeah..swe have teams here!)
When it snows, the world stops turning. (whoooo…no one’s driving today!)
A slice of pizza is dinner at least once a week. (What’s wrong with that?)
"Mad" is an adverb. (I do it on ocassion!)
Yearly rituals include watching the lighting of the tree and the Yankee parade. (YES! Rockefeller and the Yankee Parade! Woot! Woot!)

You Know You Live in New York City When
on a child's superman costume: Wearing of this does not enable you to fly

on a bag of fritos: you could be a winner! no purchase necessary. details inside

headspin said:
on a bag of fritos: you could be a winner! no purchase necessary. details inside
are you promoting shop lifting? lmao...i read that b4 in an only in america 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back