You Say You'll Always Love Me

liliana

Cadet
Summary:Set after the 10th episode Sydney and Vaughn are sent on a mission but what are they to find there.A dark secret of someone close to them as they disappear undercover something happens within the CIA that could change the course of things.What will happen now?Wait and find out.
Couples:S/V & V/L(not alot I don't agree with it)
Category:Romance/Action/Adventure
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:None of the shows characters belong to me they belong to JJ,ABC,Touchstone,Bad Robot & Disney.

by:Lili

Teaser

I stare at the person at my door and I see a familiar sight one that I hadn't seen in two years.Michael Vaughn standing on my doorstep I remember that one day when he'd come over it was after the takedown of SD-6 and he had come to take me out on a date.He'd twirled me around in his arms and kissed me.I realize now maybe we had kidded ourselves that it would work.I look around to see if Lauren was with him."She had meetings she apologizes for not coming,"he says.

I look at him stunned as if he was kidding it was just going to be the two of us.Eric had called and said he couldn't make it.Was it a conspiracy to get us alone on Eric's part."Oh that means it will just be you and me Eric called and said he couldn't make it,"I say.

He nods his head and I move aside and he walks into the apartment I notice how good he looks in his dark blue shirt and khaki pants.And me standing here wearing a wine peasant top with black pants and I go to the kitchen.I swallow"nice apartment,"he says.

I smile at him"thanks,"I say.I go to the fridge"would you like anything to drink?"I turn around and he's looking straight at me."Beer right?"

He nods his head"that would be nice,"he says.I take out a beer and take off the cap and give it to him.Our hands touch briefly and I pull back."Syd if this is to awkward for you I could leave."

I shake my head"no we should be able to do this,"I say.He nods his head and I swallow and I go back to stirring the spoon."We should be right?"

Vaughn looks down I can see it out the corner of my eye"we should be able to,"he says.I nod my head and I go back to cooking."Syd."I turn around and I look him in the eyes."I...."

TBC...

and it will only be continued next week when I get back from Scotland so give me lots of nice reviews and you'll get a nice lengthy chapter

2480.jpg

28_1.JPG

this is going to be an amazing story! I can feel it in my nearly broken butt! I love it! but if the evil person is Weiss I will stop reading!ok mabey not but still! I love it! pm me!

Great start to the fic! Nice touch adding the pictures of Syd's outfit, that really helps me to imagine the story even more. The evil person just can't be Weiss though, he's just too cute. I love the uncomfortableness (is that even a word?) between Syd and Vaughn and the fact that they are alone together ;) . Keep up the GREAT work. Will you please send me a PM when you update it? Thank you.

really good
but really mean to stop there :(
i'll get over it when u update and send me a pm!!!!! ;)
coolio
and uhhh karlee broken butt
what did u do
or
are u kidding
cuz i once hurt my butt
and i couldn't sit without being in pain for a bout a week :(
not fun

Authors Notes:Gee didn't take Vaughn long did it 9 months ha great going Vaughn he'd better reedem himself
Summary:Set after the 10th episode Sydney and Vaughn are sent on a mission but what are they to find there.A dark secret of someone close to them as they disappear undercover something happens within the CIA that could change the course of things.What will happen now?Wait and find out.
Couples:S/V & V/L(not alot I don't agree with it)
Category:Romance/Action/Adventure
Rating:PG-13
Spoilers:None really this means ep 11 never happened that whole thing about you know if you watched the ep.
Disclaimer:None of the shows characters belong to me they belong to JJ,ABC,Touchstone,Bad Robot & Disney.

by:Lili

Chapter 1

I stare at the person at my door and I see a familiar sight one that I hadn't seen in two years.Michael Vaughn standing on my doorstep I remember that one day when he'd come over it was after the takedown of SD-6 and he had come to take me out on a date.He'd twirled me around in his arms and kissed me.I realize now maybe we had kidded ourselves that it would work.I look around to see if Lauren was with him."She had meetings she apologizes for not coming,"he says.

I look at him stunned as if he was kidding it was just going to be the two of us.Eric had called and said he couldn't make it.Was it a conspiracy to get us alone on Eric's part."Oh that means it will just be you and me Eric called and said he couldn't make it,"I say.

He nods his head and I move aside and he walks into the apartment I notice how good he looks in his dark blue shirt and khaki pants.And me standing here wearing a wine peasant top with black pants and I go to the kitchen.I swallow"nice apartment,"he says.

I smile at him"thanks,"I say.I go to the fridge"would you like anything to drink?"I turn around and he's looking straight at me."Beer right?"

He nods his head"that would be nice,"he says.I take out a beer and take off the cap and give it to him.Our hands touch briefly and I pull back."Syd if this is to awkward for you I could leave."

I shake my head"no we should be able to do this,"I say.He nods his head and I swallow and I go back to stirring the spoon."We should be right?"

Vaughn looks down I can see it out the corner of my eye"we should be able to,"he says.I nod my head and I go back to cooking."Syd."I turn around and I look him in the eyes."I..."

I look at him waiting for him to say something anything whats he going to say that his marriage to Lauren was a mistake that he wants to come back to me.I shake my head no I'm being silly."Vaughn what is it?" I ask.

He looks at me with a sad look in his eyes"I never really explained to you what happened did I between me and Lauren?"he asks.

I turn away from him and I look down and keep stirring he comes over and puts his hand over mine I pull back."Don't,"I whisper.He pulls back and I turn around and I look him in the eye."If you could turn back time to when you first asked Lauren out would you change anything?"

He looks down and then looks back at me"if I had a chance to turn back time Syd it would be back to that night you disappeared and I would have gone in with you," he says.

I nod my head"yes but we can't turn back time and we are stuck in the present,"I say."And your married."I look away from his hurt face."If I hadn't disappeared do you think we would have been married now?"

I feel him turn suddenly and look at me"I know we would have been married,"he says.I turn and smile at him."And you never know we might have been expectant parents as well."

I smile at that and I go back to making dinner.

I sit at my desk the next morning watching Vaughn talk to Lauren across the room I shake my head.He always looks good at this time in the morning no matter what he's wearing.Eric sits down in a chair beside me."So how was dinner with them?"he asks.

I shake my head"it was just Vaughn and I and it was lovely thankyou Eric,"I say.He looks a little sheepish I hit him on the arm he turns a deeper shade of pink"you knew that Lauren wasn't coming didn't you?"

He nods his head"yes guilty I was in that meeting with her,"he says.I shake my head and I just lay it down on my folded arms."Oh come on Syd it couldn't have been that bad."

I glare at him and he just smiles"it was awkward being in the same house as him with no one around,"I say.I look down and then at Vaughn who is making his way over to us."I still love him so much Eric."

He nods his head"I know Syd I know,"he says.He stands up and kisses me on the forehead and sits by his computer which is to the right of me while Vaughn is to the left.

I smile when Vaughn sits down and sees he's slightly upset"what's wrong Vaughn?"I ask.

He shakes his head"nothing it's just Lauren accusing me of setting up so it would just be the two of us last night,"he grumbles.

I shake my head"so she's the insecure about your feelings for her,"I mumble under my breath.He looks up at me and I shake my head I smile at him and go back to typing at my keyboard.

A while later we are in a debriefing together Vaughn is sitting in between Lauren and I.I watch everything going on Dixon is late he finally comes in.He looks at Vaughn and I."We have an undercover mission for you two,"he says.

We both nod my dad stands up"it may and may not bring down the Covenant but we have to give it a try," he says."You two are to go undercover into an organization that deals with the Covenant they are assassins for hire pretty much.You two are to go in as a married couple who are assassins for hire your names Emma and Jacob Ainsworth."I nod my head he hands us the files.

Dixon looks at the two of us"you leave tonight for France where you will meet your informant who will take you to meet the boss his name Eric Bonner he is a french man,"he says.

The meeting is adjourned and we leave the room I see Vaughn and Lauren arguing I get closer to hear what they are saying."Why agree to this?"Lauren asks.

Vaughn stares at her stunned"I was assigned this with Sydney it's not my fault Lauren that she and I work so well together now is it?"he asks.

Lauren glares and I step back into the shadows and she walks away I step out and as I do Vaughn steps up beside me.I look at him in surprise"I knew you were there Syd,"he says.

I smile at him and he just shakes his head"sorry,"I say.

He smiles"it's all right,"he says.

You see Lauren by her desk she picks up the phone and dials a number"I need to speak with the boss and now,"she says.

TBC....

Decided to give it to you guys sooner I hope you guys enjoy it.Sorry about the way I write Lauren I haven't seen her on screen yet.

karlee thanks hun that means alot ya sorry about your butt and Eric will never be evil in my stories he's one of my favs
krisAll4Aliasthanks for your comments ya the outfits kinda bring more into the story.ya u can thank mystery_chick for that she got me started.
iluvalias0203sure Kelsey ya I think I write too much though the ideas just keep coming
addicted2alias27i know i love awkward its my new favourite thing to do except for angst and fluff.but thankyou for your comments.
Alias Fan GillianAlways hun always a PM for you ya i think this will be a fun story to write.thanks Gillian always glad to have u around
*SPYnish*Thanks Nat ur comments are always appreciated in my stories and u'll definitley get a PM
vartanaddict247Thankyou thats so sweet stories like these are the reason Time Telling never gets finished.But thankyou for your comments.
jgmvloverthanks for your fantastic comments didn't you hear I'm one of the evil queens of cliffhangers.I've done worse

Thanks for the PM! I loved the part where they were talking about if they could turn back time, and if they woudl be married. I can't wait to read about their mission. Keep up the GREAT work!

This was great! I can wait to find out more about whats going to happen on the mission. And who the boss is!

Can I get a PM??

Notes: This will alternate between the two of them what Syd is thinking and what Vaughn is thinking like the first chapter was Sydney's thoughts and the second one is Vaughn's.

Chapter 2
By: Lili

Vaughn's POV

I look at her from where I'm standing talking to Marshall about the latest gizmo's Syd and I will be using on our undercover mission. She’s sitting talking to Eric the man that's been the best friend she's needed these last few months. Eric tells me how at the beginning she use to cry herself to sleep 'cause she couldn't remember anything. It should have been me comforting her not him but yet I'm stuck in this stupid marriage that truthfully I don't have my whole heart in.

I suddenly am made aware that Marshall has asked me a question and I smile sheepishly at him but he just asks me again that’s Marshall for you the same old one. I guess something’s never change. “Yes that'll be fine Marshall,” I say.

In truth if I listened to half that conversation I'd be surprised I walk off and am about to walk back to my desk when I come face to face with my wife she's been rather edgy of late I'm not quite sure why. At the beginning I guessed it was just because of the stuff with Sydney but it's gotten out of hand of late. “I’m sorry Michael,” she says.

How many times has she said that in the scope of our six-month marriage? Yes that’s right six months today if I am correct and over a year since we started going out. I shake my head. “It’s all right Lauren but I have to do this mission,” I say.

She nods her head “I understand and I know you will never be unfaithful,” she says. She leans up and kisses me on the cheek and I watch her walk away from me. I start walking towards my desk I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had gone into the house with Sydney that night would we have both been taken or would two years have never passed.

I sit down at my desk and Sydney looks over at me she hands me the part of the file that has the details about who I'm going to be. I look down and see that my name is Jacob Alston I'm 30 years of age I've been married to Emma for four years we have no children. Our job apparently doesn't call for it. I smile at Sydney who is sitting just talking to Eric. She catches my eye and smiles back. I should have told her the truth way back in the beginning I guess. I really do still love her.

But it wouldn't change a thing I'm still married to Lauren and that is apart of my job as well which no one knows about people would probably think me mad if they found out why I really married Lauren. Eric especially.

She turns to me and puts her hand over mine and I look down and I smile “are you okay?” she asks.

I look at her and nod my head “I’m fine Syd," I say. I see out of the corner of my eye Lauren watching us I lean towards Sydney “so what do you think of this mission?"

She looks at me and smiles surprised by the way I’m reacting to things especially after last night. I shake my head and she just shakes her head. “It’s all right,” she says. “There are some things I’m not happy about like being assassins but I’ll be okay with it. What about you Eric tells me it’s your sixth month anniversary today is it okay with Lauren?”

I wish I could shake my head but I nod “yes she’s fine she understands that we work well together and that we need that on this sort of mission,” I say. She nods her head and I look at the file in between us its open. There’s a picture of her and me in it. I quickly shut it and put it away.

She looks at me strangely “Vaughn why do you have that picture I had that in my apartment,” she says.

I nod my head “yes it was in your apartment but a few days before you disappeared I took the picture I was going to get it enlarged and framed for you,” I say. She smiles at him and reaches over and takes the file and opens it and takes the picture out. “Do you remember when it was taken?”

She nods her head and looks down at the picture “Eric took it, it was about five weeks after SD-6 had been taken down the three of us had the day off so we decided to go to the park,” she says. I nod my head and we both look at the picture Eric looks it as well.

He smiles at the sight of us sitting on the blanket we are staring into each other’s eyes he shakes his head. “I remember taking that picture,” he says. We both smile up at him “oh the good old times.”

He walks away and I look at Sydney who goes back to typing at her computer ah those were the times when we were both happy. I shake my head if anyone knew the real reason why Lauren and I married I don’t know I guess everything would be blown then. But at least Syd and I would be happy and she wouldn’t believe that I had given up.

I’m at my house packing my bag Sydney and I are taking off at 21:30 it is now 19:45 I have to meet her and Jack at the JTF before we leave just so we can go over some details. I would like to think Jack and I had gained some ground since Sydney came back and we’d worked together to make sure she was safe. But that man still frightens me.

Lauren comes into the room bringing a clean shirt and she gives it to me I know she’s beautiful and all and I know I should love her with all my heart. But my heart was given to someone else a very long time ago and I don’t think she’ll let it go anytime soon. Matter of fact will I let her let my heart go. I smile at Lauren. “Thank you,” I say.

She nods her head and leaves the room she and I haven’t had a decent conversation all day she knows I guess in her hearts of hearts that I still love Sydney. But she doesn’t want to let me go either like I don’t want to let Syd go.

Four years ago a woman with a red wig and bad teeth came into my office and changed my life and my world forever. A year and a half later she did it again when she and I first kissed and then two years ago I lost that and I thought I’d lost her forever. Though six months that I disappeared for I don’t remember many of them. I think I spent most of them getting drunk in a bar somewhere wallowing in my misery.

She had once called me her Guardian Angel huh I didn’t think I was much of one when she disappeared she was gone and I had never told her how I felt that hurt the worst. But I know she knew how much I loved her.

I close my bag not knowing how much I’ll need I smile at the thought of spending some time with Syd but I know it will be awkward. I walk out into the living room and see my wife in the kitchen making dinner for one. I go over to her and kiss her on the cheek. “It will be okay I’ll be back I promise,” I say. I kiss her on the cheek.

I turn around and leave I get to the JTF I find Jack Bristow by himself in the debriefing room and I suddenly realize that this was just going to be a meeting between the two of us. I gulp he stares at me and smiles. Okay Jack Bristow smiling at me not such a good idea in fact very bad. “Agent Vaughn I wished to speak to you before you left on this mission with my daughter,” Jack says.

I look at him dubiously and keep the table between me and him “of course Jack what would you like to talk about?” I ask.

He looks at me with his cold stare “you know I don’t like you working with my daughter but I had no choice you’re the only person she trusts apart from Agent Weiss couldn’t send him with her,” Jack says. I look at him and am insulted for Eric for Jack saying that Jack looks me seriously in the eye “now I want you to take good care of my daughter.”

I nod my head and I look at him “of course Jack I always have despite what you may think,” I say. He looks at me and then leaves the room I breathe a deep sigh of relief an hour later after talking with Eric I head for the airport. I get on the plane and there’s Syd already reviewing a file I smile at her and she smiles back.

She looks at me strangely “are you okay?” she asks. I nod my head and I sit down across from her and she hands me a file and I look down at it. “You had a run in with my dad what did he say?”

I look up at her stunned “yes despite all these years of knowing him he still scares me,” I say. She laughs and I smile hey I made her laugh it’s better than making her cry which seems is all that I’ve been able to make her do these last few months. “No he just told me to protect you.”

She nods her head and she looks up at me and smiles and I smile back “he means well,” she says. I glare at her but she just keeps smiling. Which is a change I reach over and touch her hand she looks up and tilts her head to the side. “What is it?”

I smile at her “thank you for saving me all those years ago from a dull and meaningless life,” I say. She looks at me and brings my hand up to her lips and she kisses the palm. “And thank you for loving me as well.”

She smiles at me “oh that comes naturally,” she says. I look at her strangely “I mean it came naturally.” She puts my hand down and I just look at her. This was going to be a long flight.

TBC….

There you go guys second chapter done hope you enjoyed my introspective look into the mind of Michael Vaughn it’s a scary place to be I can tell you. You know the drill read, write & review.

Back