You

okay, it's a new fic! i got this idea a couple of days ago, but decided to wait until after the "end of fic" feeling wore off with It Was Only A Kiss. So anyway, here's my newest fic in progress (note: ~~~~~ means a POV change):

You.jpg

^^^ Image copyright Spy47 Productions ^^^

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>You</span>
by: SydneyAnneVaughn -- Eva (me)
Disclaimer: All characters are owned by JJ Abrams, so don't sue me.
POV: Sydney/Vaughn
Rating: PG
Ship: Sydney/Vaughn
Background: A fic stemmed from the ‘forbidden’ song, “You” by Evanescence. Slightly AU, S3, S/V. There’s no cow, so don’t worry about all that drama.

The words have been drained from this pencil
Sweet words that I want to give you
And I can't sleep
I need to tell you
Goodnight

When we're together, I feel perfect
When I'm pulled away from you, I fall apart
All you say is sacred to me
Your eyes are so blue
I can't look away
As we lay in the stillness
You whisper to me

Baby, marry me
Promise you'll stay with me
Oh you don't have to ask me
You know you're all that I live for
You know I'd die just to hold you
Stay with you
Somehow I'll show you
That you are my night sky
I've always been right behind you
Now I'll always be right beside you

So many nights I cried myself to sleep
Now that you love me, I love myself
I never thought I would say this
I never thought there'd be
You
--Evanescence - “You”--

I heard that song in my mind every night since I’d been away. It reminded me so much of him that I kept it in my mind to hold on to him as long as I could. They’d never break me if I had that song. I would find myself singing it softly when I was alone in my cell. I would think of him and everything bad would go away, if only for a moment. They could never take away our song, and they could surely never take away my memories of him. They were all mine, and I would never break as long as I remembered what he looked like, how he smelled, and his wonderful smile.

I realized, after 6 months in confinement without food, it was time to make them believe I was broken. I had to make them believe that I really was Julia Thorne because I couldn’t stand to be away from him any longer.

They believed me, and so I became an operative for The Covenant. They sent me on missions to do their bidding, and I did it without remorse. I had no choice, because I knew if I ever wanted to see him again, I would have to whatever they wanted.

About 2 months after my first assignment, I contacted Director Kendall of the CIA to tell him that I was ready to be a double agent. I was ready to see him again. I was ready to tell him that I was really alive and I needed to be with him again. But as soon as I told Kendall about everything that happened, I was told that I could never see him or tell him anything.

“You are to make it seem like you are still loyal to The Covenant, and that nothing has changed. You cannot contact anyone within the agency but me. Is that understood?”

No, it’s not understood. It’s not understood how the bad guys can take away 6 months of my life to make me think I’m someone else, and then the good guys can keep me away from him. I need him and they’re not accepting that. I knew I had to find a way to tell him without betraying my orders.

I sat down one night in my apartment in Rome and wrote him a letter. I would give it to him the next time I went to Los Angeles. I had to tell him everything, but most importantly, I had to tell him that I was alive and I missed him.

I didn’t address the envelope my letter was contained in. I simply wrote ‘From: Your ghost’ on the front and set it on his doorstep with a light pink kiss. I rang the doorbell and quickly ran away to a place that I could watch him. He came out, looked around, and finally took notice of the envelope on his doorstep. He looked at the envelope with a bit of shock and hurried back inside. I knew it was only a matter of time before he knew everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard the knock on my door and decided to go out and see who was visiting me at such a late hour. I opened the door, but saw no one there. I was about to close the door when a white envelope caught my eye. There was no proper address on it, just the wrods ‘From: Your ghost’ and a kiss in light pink lipstick. I was shocked. It couldn’t be her. I spread her ashes at sea 8 months ago. There was no way it was her. Despite my doubts, I went back inside to read the enclosed letter.

Dear Vaughn,
I know you thought I was gone, but you have to know there’s no way I could ever leave you like that. I’m still alive, and I’ve been held captive by The Covenant and made to believe I’m some woman named Julia Thorne. Despite what they think, I know my name is Sydney Bristow and I wouldn’t have ever made them think I broke if I didn’t know I would ever see you again. I wanted so badly to go to Santa Barabara, but fate has a funny away of pulling us apart before we can finally get together and be happy. Kendall forbade me from seeing you, but there’s no way I can go one more day without seeing your face and telling you how much I’ve missed you. I don’t have much more time left to write this. I’m about to leave for Los Angeles on a mission for The Covenant. I’ll be here for 3 days, so know this in case I don’t get to see you: I love you so much and I miss you more than you’ll ever know.
Love,
Syd

Just as I finished reading the letter, my phone rang.
“Hello?”

“Joey’s Pizza?” a female voice said.

“Wrong number.” I replied, hanging up.

It was her. She was really alive and I knew exactly where to go to see her. I put on my jacket and ran to my car.

My God, she’s alive! I thought.
----------------------------------------------------
as always, please R&R and let me know if you wanna be on the pm or addicts list!

this is so great already!! you have GOT to PM me... im also very very glad that lauren is not in this ... ugh... i hate her... lol.. update soon

OMG!!
Eva this is fantatstic!!!! :jump:
I love how you told the backstory. Then that lettershe wrote to Vaughn - it was just so sweet. It almost had me in tears. :cry:
I loved the Joe's pizza thing - that's great.
I'm glad he finally knows she is alive! :happydance:
Thanx for the pm
Can I get a pm when you update? :Please:
Update soon

Back