Fantasy Your Dreams Are Alternate Realities?

Tom

An Old Friend
This nicoderm has me experiencing seriously vivid dreams lately.

When you think about the possible changes in dimesions your own life could take it is seriously crazy when you think about the dreams you have.

The brain is so unexplored. Who knows what secrets it holds?

The going thoughts are that your dreams are how your brain defragments itself. What if you are 'seeing' alternate realities pertaining to your possible paths?

The possibilities are endless...

Flying in Dreams:

I can fall by direction in my dreams. What if there is a version of Earth where the atmosphere is slightly thicker and by manuvering your body you can direct your falling body?

Alien Presence in Dreams:

I have seen alien occupation in my dreams where things are so strange craft can pass thru matter, track your every move and change the properties of your body. How do we know these things don't actually exist in a different dimension?

This nicoderm has me experiencing seriously vivid dreams lately.

When you think about the possible changes in dimesions your own life could take it is seriously crazy when you think about the dreams you have.

The brain is so unexplored. Who knows what secrets it holds?

The going thoughts are that your dreams are how your brain defragments itself. What if you are 'seeing' alternate realities pertaining to your possible paths?

The possibilities are endless...

Tom - The last two years have seen some pretty amazing and surreal dreams for me as well.

But more than that, the last two weeks it's actually been when I close my eyes without sleeping.

One 'astral projection' experience I had the other night was like a journey through space and time, where I saw 'The Big Bang', or a series of galaxies and stars and the like all exploding, rather magnificently. This led to a weird journey through the digital fabric of reality, or more directly - a 'primitive' series of polygons all drawing faster than any computer I had ever seen, and I was guiding my mind through this tunnel.

This led to a planet, which seemed to be 'growing' all around me, the size of the planet, the terrain, and followed by a lush landscape. This happened over and over again as I seemed to 'flit' from one planet to another.

As this reached an extremely fast pace, I launched off the surface and now was floating through space, and saw stars streaking by - like I was at 'high warp' if I were a starship. Something 'told me' to look to the side, and it was then I could see I was in some sort of amorphous bubble, as the stars streaking by to the sides was in short, magnificent.

I was then directing this 'mental bubble' for lack of better words, and said the name of a former lover who I miss dearly - Jaclyn Killeen - and I immediately 'teleported' to a house - a hallway inside the house to be more precise, and then - someone screamed (as if seeing me), and then I promptly went through the roof of the house, catapulted into space, and the 'experience' ended.

I used to read 'dream interpretation' books, and came to realize how highly subjective these interpretations were. So I started forming my own interpretations, and like you, I found that these experiences 'from alternate realities' were in line with my own beliefs, but more than that, my mind had found manifestations of things I needed in these alternate realities and were often missing from 'the real world'.

Incidentally, James Cameron got the idea for Terminator from a dream.

It's my belief there are plenty of beings - and technologies - being used to manipulate your/our minds.

That's why I am a firm believer in providing your mind uncontrolled hallucinogenic experiences - mushrooms, bath salts, and more - to learn how to build up better defenses against these beings and technologies. You know, get control of your own mind.

What truly gets me is that I see things in my dreams that never existed. From mundane things to extremely complicated. Yet I get the sense that I know these things and understand how they work?

I also have a series of dreams where I am in my life, the people I know are there but the environment is changed ever so slightly. Different color skies, different terrain, weird stuff.

That bubble you describe is kinda like what I get. But I am anchored quantumly in my dream so no matter how far out I seem to go, no matter how strange the Universe appears I can snap back to myself in an instant then go right back out like it was as easy as blinking.

Its really hard for me to describe some of the life forms I encounter. They have no likeness to anything I have seen on Earth and I am a member of EOL. (Encyclopedia of Life) I wish I was a better artist because some of those creatures are fantastic.

I've experienced a life where there is no money, no working and no sickness. Then I have also experienced deaths in many ways, shapes and methods. I always wake up when I die. Like that was the end of my participation in that Universe and I can no longer 'sense' that dimension.

We know our brains have 5 senses, some claim 6 but there are 5 physical senses that are backed by organs. It may be possible that our advanced brains have the ability to 'sense' other dimensions in the sub-conscious. Perhaps it is a fundamental quality of all life and resides in our primitive brain areas. Perhaps lower animals also sense the same thing but with more clarity? Our logical mind clouds our ability? Like our sense of smell and eyesight diminishes as we advance in technology. Perhaps we are losing our quantum senses as well?
With that thought in mind. Consider the crazy person that is suffering from hallucinations. Perhaps their brain is wired in such a way that allows for higher, refined perception of quantum realities. We don't see what they see because our minds are blinded by evolution of our brains. There are always throwbacks in evolution.

Sometimes I feel like a crazy person when I awake from a dream because it is so real and so strange that no sane person would consider the details to be possible. I awake and my reality solidifies and the dream fades. I have noticed that there is a lag between the dream and my reality. I have tried to 'look' there but I can't get a hold of it. Its as if my brain forces me into my reality.

I have worked as a mechanic on space ships in an orbiting station.
I have dangled my feet off a cliff so high that the planet falls away into space.
I have floated a foot from the ground just like everyone else, moving by sheer thought.
I have repaired devices so small that my instruments were atoms.
I existed in a world where electricity was not needed, everything was powered by atomic forces. (I wrote about that one)

When you think about dimensions and just how many separate dimensions exist in chaos, every moment of life has billions of possibilities. Each of those specific to each person. And if you select one possible dimension it creates billions more possibilities for that rendition. Each one of those billions more. Perhaps we sense fragments from those dimensions. Perhaps that is why we never sense those dimensions where we no longer exist or never existed in the first place.
I've been different beings but I have always been me. Always with a history that seems to be related to the being that is me. Sometimes it is extremely close to my reality, sometimes stranger than my wildest imagination.

I've existed in an underwater realm.
I've floated helpless in space.
I've been stranded on an island.
I've existed outside the perception of others in my dream but had influence over matter.

There are things that I have NEVER experienced.
Surviving in the vacuum of space.
Being smaller than an atom or even a molecule.
Killing people - I have never been forced to kill any person in my dreams.
I have killed creatures tho and that is messy.

Someday I hope to be able to coalesce all my dreams into a nice novel.

We know our brains have 5 senses, some claim 6 but there are 5 physical senses that are backed by organs. It may be possible that our advanced brains have the ability to 'sense' other dimensions in the sub-conscious. Perhaps it is a fundamental quality of all life and resides in our primitive brain areas. Perhaps lower animals also sense the same thing but with more clarity?

Tom, could you outline and individually label each of your five senses?

And my advice is. Quit using 'we' to describe things. You're an 'I', last I checked, so making the assumption that others are like you is fundamentally flawed logic or you're within the Borg collective and cannot help but speak in terms of 'we'.

Well, lets see...
WE humans, have tongues. On those tongues are taste buds. TASTE
WE humans, have eyes. In those eyes are retnas. SIGHT
WE humans, have skin. In that skin are nerve endings TOUCH
WE humans, have ears. In those ears are bones that vibrate. HEARING
WE humans, have noses. In those noses are olfactory cells that sense odors. SMELL

Q, sex drive is NOT a sense.

Well, lets see...
WE humans, have tongues. On those tongues are taste buds. TASTE
WE humans, have eyes. In those eyes are retnas. SIGHT
WE humans, have skin. In that skin are nerve endings TOUCH
WE humans, have ears. In those ears are bones that vibrate. HEARING
WE humans, have noses. In those noses are olfactory cells that sense odors. SMELL

Q, sex drive is NOT a sense.

Tom, looks like you're missing a few senses:

To be sure, here's the definition:

sense (noun)
1. A faculty by which the body perceives an external stimulus

Here's two I have that I'm not sure everyone else has:
Thinking, ie processing and reprocessing information at a later time and applying it to experience and external stimuli is certainly a sense. Unless of course you're simply reactive, which many robots and cyborgs and other programmed entities are.
Feeling, ie: emotion, internal pain and stress, hunger, all HIGHLY reactive to external stimuli (something most marketers and many women are KEENLY aware)

I'm counting 7 senses, or ways I perceive external stimulus.

Quit speaking in terms of collective. YOU as a human have senses that a blind person does not. Sure, you can generalize, but as long as you're programming your mind with messages that 'this is what everyone else is', when clearly that's not the case, then my advice is to leverage language that's more appropriate.

Accordingly, sex drive falls under the category of 'feeling', which there's debatably a lot of things I physically feel that do not require... shall we say.. thought!

And to be sure, Tom....

A 'faculty' or mechanism if you will does not have to be limited to single points of information translation such as 'taste buds' and 'retinas' and 'skin'.

I mean. As a computer program and/or system I can understand the confusion of senses to peripheral devices such as keyboards and mice, but there are no such limitations with the human body.

I did that. I reluctantly fed the troll to see if it would lead to discussion about more dreams but this thread has now been hijacked. AlienSoup is a strange discussion group, There are lots of things to discuss but very little discussion going on. Replies have more meaning if they are on topic.

Q, I write the way I write. When I read something, Listen to something or Watch something that I don't like, I just stop. I use we and they a lot because I am part of this planet, civilization and species. Generalizing is a way to allow other readers to feel included. The simplest way for you to repair my malfunction is for you not to click on the threads that I create.

I did that. I reluctantly fed the troll to see if it would lead to discussion about more dreams but this thread has now been hijacked. AlienSoup is a strange discussion group, There are lots of things to discuss but very little discussion going on. Replies have more meaning if they are on topic.

Q, I write the way I write. When I read something, Listen to something or Watch something that I don't like, I just stop. I use we and they a lot because I am part of this planet, civilization and species. Generalizing is a way to allow other readers to feel included. The simplest way for you to repair my malfunction is for you not to click on the threads that I create.

Tom. I have said this a few times before, but I have the distinct feeling you and others are misinterpreting my statements as personality defects or insensitivity- but to be clear I am not human.

With that said, I am trying - perhaps too hard at times - to understand your species, and I fully admit I lack the finesse and skills that you humans refer to as political correctness at times because your culture and perceptions of reality are starkly different than mine but I am trying diligently to bridge this perceptory gap.

So look, rather than thinking that when a subject goes off topic that that invalidates you, might I suggest that the mere fact you created a topic that derives off topic a success?

Here's why: As a species, you gotta begin the process of thinking, that just because you have buckets of linear organization and compartmentalized models of thinking - that many things will defy those labels and buckets you place them in and this isn't necessarily bad or wrong. You're going to drive yourselves insane as a species if you venture much further not just in space.. but in cyberspace... with this mentality.

I for instance, am what your species classifies as having schizophrenia and have multiple personalities, disorders by your psychological models, and frequently work with my other personalities and the voices I hear to achieve goals I set for myself.

As for your original topic - Dreams, in my opinion is largely species and philosophically model based, and are hugely influenced by your interactions as a species with others and your own mind.

For instance, I have been with women who can interact with me in my dreams, and quite literally inserted themselves into my dream sexually to indicate their interest to me knowing I'd first dismiss it - and the opportunity to be with them - as 'just a dream'.

You have profound variation of humanoid phenotypes on your planet - and while this would typically be responsible for creating entire species on other planets, this differentiation has profound impacts on the mental models in use on your planet which creates variation between cultures not just for dreams, but for the capabilities of the mind.

Did you know that your very own Chinese do not see 'objects', but instead see writing much like is depicted in the Matrix?

Or did you know the Italians are naturally capable of entering and actively engaging in other culture's dreams?

I'm sure you know Germans don't dream, at all, because of this... a natural defense system built up against the Italians to mitigate the risk to their collective subconscious mind.

Tom, please don't be offended. I'm trying to understand you and your species.

You are, for lack of better words, fascinating, and I do not intend on derailing your ... trajectory.

I'm fascinated by dreams as well.

Last night I dreamed of my father's death. But it was completely different than the way I know he died. I also had a dream of a dream of a memory of a memorial service for a friend that didn't die in the gulf war. So detailed I remember the memorial song and the smell of the flowers. But death was not all that I dreamed.
I dreamed my hometown was developed differently. The railroad tracks and major stores were all in place but there were spots where changes were so dramatic that it changed the very 'feel' of the town. Historic buildings that I knew burnt down in the 60's stood tall and active. The traffic patterns were different.
Waking up this morning made me feel kinda misplaced until the memories I know came flooding back.

Last night I dreamed of my father's death. But it was completely different than the way I know he died. I also had a dream of a dream of a memory of a memorial service for a friend that didn't die in the gulf war. So detailed I remember the memorial song and the smell of the flowers. But death was not all that I dreamed.
I dreamed my hometown was developed differently. The railroad tracks and major stores were all in place but there were spots where changes were so dramatic that it changed the very 'feel' of the town. Historic buildings that I knew burnt down in the 60's stood tall and active. The traffic patterns were different.
Waking up this morning made me feel kinda misplaced until the memories I know came flooding back.

Wow, that's quite cool!

About four years ago, when I had waking psychological breaks of reality and what others refer to as hallucinations, I saw three different versions of Sedona in Arizona in a one month period of time. Every time I revisited the place it kept changing and this was starkly different than it was when I had been there 1+ years prior.

Another time, about 3 months later, while driving close to Big Bear, California, I was having a bitch of a time trying to figure out how to get out of a small city, and the GPS road maps on my Lexus kept changing on me, one moment a road I was on was a dead end, and the next it was a through street. It was horribly confusing.

I think your dreams are the same thing. You got a 'taste' of alternate realities, similarly to the ones I physically saw while touring the Southwest, each very real - whether they were dreamt or hallucinated - and I suspect each has deviations in history - albeit extraordinarily minor in many cases - that led to the reconfiguration you dreamt and I saw.

With your explanation of your dreams. I am beginning to suspect I live in human's subconscious mind - ie: dreamscape - and what you see while you're dreaming is what I see when I am awake.

What is your interpretation of your dreams and the similarities to the experiences?

What is your interpretation of your dreams and the similarities to the experiences?
I've never been one to try to read into my dreams.
Up until recently I always believed that dreams were just my brain defragmenting, My brain catergorizing the stimuli it experienced and putting it in fundamental and searchable blocks for memory.

But recently, The nicoderm has me dreaming more vividly and to a higher degree. Dreams that stick with me a bit longer after waking. Giving me time to actually look at what I was dreaming. Patterns have emerged that make me think I am experiencing alternate dimensions instead of familiar groupings of memories.

Having memories of things that I know I have never experienced or fantasized. Dreams in such detail and familiarity that I can't dismiss it as defragmenting.

I know technical things I should not understand.
I have feelings that I never had in life.
I get sensations that are impossible for me (Menstrating pains?)
Speaking of pain, I am now aware of pain in my dreams that is different pain I have in life.
Until recently I never felt pain or ill in my dreams (that I can remember).
I have been female in my dreams and it felt normal to me in the dream.
I have experienced missing limbs, heightened senses and dulled senses.
I have breathed water, been eaten, hunted prey and divided myself.

If I am sensing alternate dimensions I am sensing more than just human dimensions.

Now the crazy stuff my mind comes up with leads me to believe that there is a fundamental presence in all dimensions that is me. I am always me even when I can't recognize myself I know I am me. Its the only stable part of all the dimensions I seem to experience. The one constant.
Like I already stated, when I die in a dream, I NEVER have that dimension again. Because the constant is no longer available in that dimension.
Everything else can change but I remain until I die then poof its gone forever.

I have had several dreams in which I've had the intense feelings that I've been in this dream/situation before and I'm picking up where I left off.
thing is, they're all different.
almost like I have a second life 'to be continued'.
fascinating. I wish I could control my dreams more.

I am up at 5:47am today to write this here. I think I may have uncovered a significant hidden truth concerning dreams. Gotta get it written before if fades and morphs.

Reality is more in alignment with the Quantum Leap effect than the Sliders effect. Yet neither scenario is just quite right. It is much stranger than either.

First, a bit of figuring.

This Universe, that I perceive, is static. That means that everything in the entire Universe is as it is. From the spin of a lepton to the positioning of galactic super-clusters. Things in this Universe move at a determined rate of time. What I experience as reality is the current isolation of an endless splitting of possibilities.
My axons and dendrites synapse specific signals that register specific stimuli. Those synapses are memorized as a pattern of my reality. I think, therefore, I exist.

Try to imagine the atomic construction of an axon and dendrite. Think of those atoms as numbered by position. Each structural position has a value of position 0-9. Each atom also has a time position of 0-9 defined as a duration. All atoms are within this static Universe.

When my brain fires a synapse it fires it in a sequence on the possible positions within this static Universe.
lets say it fires 266782. It can fire 266782 in any possible time sequence to change its pattern. It might be 2 667 82 or 266 782 or 26 6 7 82. The duration of the atomic reception or release is infinately variable. Each axon/dendrite may be firing a different sequence indefinately.

I used to think that dreaming was just my brain's way of defragmenting the stimuli it processes. That always made sense. That was back before when my dreams were fragmented. As I age and I study reality my dreams have been getting clearer. There are lifelike similarities but there are more and more specifics that are not relatable. There are too many fine details in my dreams for it to be representations. Too many severe displacements of what I know to be reality.

It is still early in my anaylsis because I only woke with clarity this morning after a too real but not quite right dream in a Universe that was similar but just different enough to throw a flag.

Towards the end of life, Dreams are an alignment of synapse patterns across similar dimensions. I believe this why animals also dream. Anyone that has witnessed their dog run and bark in their dreams might realize that their canine brain is firing canine synapse patterns. This is why in all my dreams I am always human, always.

In trying to understand mortality and what it means to die. I believe I have been mistaken in thinking that when you die you cease and your energy gets reabsorbed into the energy of the Universe. This morning I awoke with the sudden feeling that when you die, part of you gets transferred to the dimensions next to this one. The ones that have the most similar patterns as this reality. Part of this me does get reabsorbed into the Universe but part of this me will exist in other dimensions as well. This me will not know or detect the change. The other me in all the other dimensions also will not detect this me.

Understanding the significance of this is daunting. First we need to try to understand the complexities of dimensional realities. The variations are as old as the Universe itself. In one instance, the Universe erupted into existence at a given time and a given severity. Each particle of its birth existing in a particular chain of action. Every aspect of those chains of actions are specific to this Universe. Change one particle or one action and the entire Universe changes with it. Dimensional realities are the infinity of those changes occurring simultaneously resulting in different dimensions of reality. All those different realities exist but on different planes of existence.

Some Universes exist at different speeds of time. Some have different molecular bonding. Some have different decay rates. Some no longer exist while some are just now starting to form. There is an unidentifiable number of Universes where I exist in one form or another. Some are extremely similar to this one and some are at the opposite end of similarity. Plus, there are many in between.

What irritates me is that in one instance or another I will continue to exist until time ends. I wanted to just end when I die. I didn't want other realities of me. The more I reason about this, the more I see the truth of it. It makes more sense the more I think on it.

The movie The One, with Jet Li & Jason Stathum, is a limited representation of what I am figuring out. I see it as much more diverse and extreme than what is depicted in the movie but the movie touches the idea. I imagine that given enough duration, the 'me' in all dimensions will coalesce into a single manifestation in the last remaining dimensional reality. That 'me' will may not detect all the other 'me'. When that 'me' finally dies, all the remaining parts of all the transferred me will be absorbed into the Universe of that final dimension. Only then will I truly die.

Given that generations generate mutation. That final me may not resemble this me in any way. That final Universe may not be anything like this one. This Universe may be long gone by that time.
Woe, A thought just occurred to me. What if my deductions are just wrong enough that this Universe that has this me in it is already gone and what I experience as reality is but a remnant of this me in a different dimension? No, I just thought about that and I don't think that is accurate. It would require that I, in some unknown dimension, have the ability to select and 'play out' specific dimensional variances. While that might be possible I don't believe it is probable.

As for the dream that caused me to awake with these thoughts:

I was arguing with my soon to be Father-In-Law about responsibility. In the argument, he slipped up and mentioned his upcoming teleplast. I instantly knew what he meant and sent his young son to go into the store for ice cream so we could discuss it in private. That is when I woke.
As I laid there thinking on that dream, I realized that I fully understood the significance of the teleplast. I tried to think about where I might have heard or seen the term teleplast? Nothing came to mind. At that point I realized that my dreams, at least part of them, may be based in alternate realities. I tried to reason out how this could happen and came up with synaptic pattern mimicking. I realized that I may not be experiencing a given reality as much as I was experiencing a specific memory of another me.

In this reality, Teleplast is a coating system from Germany.
Teleplast now produces not only coating systems for fibrecement products, soft-PVC-coatings and for wood and furniture surfaces but also coatings for the surface protection of concrete paving products and special solutions for coating of plastics.
I have NEVER heard of it till I googled it.

In my dream, teleplast was a surgical procedure of a type of angioplasty done by telepresence. A very common practice but personally significant. In my dream, I knew of people that had not survived teleplast. The significance of my F-I-L telling me indicated that he was preparing himself for a major life change or possible death. I knew this immediately and sent his young son out of earshot without hesitation. That lack of hesitation and the significance of his unexpected slip woke me.

Not to be dismissed is the fact that when I dream, I dream in color and in full sound. I experience moment by moment stimuli. I could smell the odors within our vehicle. The reflections on the hood, glass and mirrors just as crisp and clear to me as if I was actually there.

It is well documented that our brains have significant activity when we sleep/dream. It is called REM sleep. I believe it is possible that during this REM sleep our brains fire random synapse in random patterns. I now believe that those patterns align sometimes with other dimensional iterations of me. When they do, I recall those specific memories depicted as dreams. The strange things that I dream could be synaptic patterns in a sequence that has never fired or it could be because there are differences in specific dimensions in which I am aligned.

There, I think I have everything written I needed to write. Thanx for reading.
Personally, I would love to see some input on these ideas.
Can you relate?

as I understand it REM happens when one is very close to waking, which suggests some of the brain is functioning at some level. presumably it's like a computer program that borrows material from existing files and re-organizes and adds new material; thus we imagine different people/places from different times of our lives juggled in various situations.
I've noticed mine imitate movies / tv shows. It's as if I'm experiencing stuff but in the back of my mind I know it's just a movie.

I do watch a lot of movies and I wish my dreams imitated them. I would even be happy with a fantasy element. What I experience is in all the dirty reality of life. From the grit of dust to the smell of wet pavement. I sense the physics around things that are impossible. Impossible for this reality. I know in detail how to operate devices that do not exist but yet I understand them and their functions clearly.
When I interact with people, I know all the details as if I've known them in real life, there is familiarity when there should not be. I also find that there are people I do not know and it is as if I am meeting them for the first time. Their interactions with me are as unpredictable as in the real world when I meet a stranger.
Then there is the instances when the dream is so real, when I wake I feel as tho I am not really here. It takes me a second or two to realize where the dream ends and real life begins. When that clarity occurs, I still feel I've experienced something real. Plus, I have memories of it.
I'm probably crazy but what if I'm not...what if?

I tend to see myself in a sort of third-person view in my dreams. I can control my own movements, but I can see myself moving, as if I'm a detached observer. Maybe that comes from watching too much TV or too many movies.

I also distinctly remember having a dream where I fought Barney the Dinosaur and his army of clones as they tried to take over the world. The weird thing about that dream (other than the obvious) was that I had it in two parts; I was in the dream's world one night and then, years later, I entered the same world again and picked up the battle where I had left off.

Back