Your favorite HJ screenshot.

Faemus

Cadet
There are a ton of HJ screenshots out at this point, show or link to your favorite(s)

Here's mine, its at IGN, so if you land on a page with an ad, just click Continue link at the top of the page:
Turtle Power!

Here's the artcle where it came from. HJ Giant Tortoise Article "Sneak Peek 16"

You'll see some other shots in the article that show Mage Towers on the tortoise's backs. Do I even need to explain how awesome that is? :P

So far, my favorite shot is the only one I've found that shows the HJ interface.

Graphics are fine and dandy, but I want to know the control mechanism.

Check it out.

very cool. Do we know if that UI is close to what we will get to play with? Or is it what the developers happend to be using at that point of the dev cycle?

My favourite is definitely the screeny where the ghost of Randy Rhodes appears in Bard form, playing a wicked solo in the background as the troups pin cushion the incoming enemy forces, as seen here:

randyHJ.jpg

Oh wait... no. That was a dream. A dream that Royce was going to make come true for me. Any update on that one Roycey? :lol:

Honestly though, my favourite is this one. I just love the atmosphere, so, so cool:

castleview.jpg

Originally posted by Faemus@May 4 2006, 11:07 PM
very cool. Do we know if that UI is close to what we will get to play with? Or is it what the developers happend to be using at that point of the dev cycle?
Pretty sure the UI was said to be a placeholder/work in progress at the time Faemus. Can't find the exact quote on the mmorpg.com forums at the moment though, so can't be certain.

Arremus that is one of my favorite screenshots too. It shows a lot of things about Simutronics. First off, it shows the detail of the world you travel in. Look all around you, it actually looks like a REAL FREAKING FOREST. Name one game where you had that kind of detail besides Guild Wars.

Next thing that I noticed was the capitiol. How could you not notice how huge that building is! It's no wonder the Ilvari are so superior, check that place out.

Then look at the world, that city still seems far away. Possibly the world is going to be huge, rich in detail, and just plain fun!

How does one decide? hell, Ill just say I havent come across one I didnt like yet.

Choosing not to choose is still a choice :smiley:

Xhar

Thanks to freshly compiled 300+ screenshots here at Hero's Hall, I couldn't resist showing a couple of other favorites. There were just too easy to find, and they may seem somewhat plain, but I like the townish, guildish, communityish feel of the houses and environment. Also, you can see someone with a pet cat. Coolness indeed :P
ss123.jpg

ss128.jpg

Omfg, it's the Black Pearl.

ss54.jpg

Haha just kidding, but that picture is really sick.

So is this one

ss137.jpg

Pouring tar on invaders! Classic.

ima post this again i just like how you can put your foot on the table and sit down and look like your haveing a little argument and stuff

That picture XBlood reminds me of a bard or something like that. Of telling his tale to the others :smiley:

Did you notice that in several screenshots, the avatars are in really interesting positions?

Take the elf with the glasses in the pic above. notice that her foot is up on the table, arms on her leg. What emote would one have to type to see this action I wonder.

Here is another example

I noticed that too Presto, and am curious about how we'll be able to position characters to that extent? Part of me thinks they are just staging the avatars for some screenshots, but we'll see soon enough :D

That screenie with the froggy-munchkin guy is another one of my favorites, cuz I have NO IDEA what is happening there.

yeah you prolly have to write a paragraph in your emote to put you foot on the table and arms on the leg like this /put foot on the table and arm on leg

It's a great teaser shot for E3 2006! A big thank you goes out to Simutronics for sending it (along with the other two) our way.

Back