Your help would be appreciated

RalfG

Cadet
I have started to reread some of my favourite Sci-Fi books, from when I was much younger.
There is one which I have not been able to trace. The plot starts with a group of space travellers that are reaching the point of no return. They must either turn back, or take the chance not to find anything that will let them continue their journey. It wouldn't be much of a book if they perished or just came back...
The only other thing I remember is that they find all kinds of new treasures. One is cone shaped device that turns out to be something like an electronic recording device.
I know this is rather sketchy, but if this reminds any of you of an actual book, from the fifites or sixties, could you please let me know, so I can get my good nights of sleep back.
Thank you
RG

RG, welcome!

Do you remember any other details, like the name of the ship or any names of the characters? Was it definitely in the 50's or 60's that you read it?

RG, welcome!

Do you remember any other details, like the name of the ship or any names of the characters? Was it definitely in the 50's or 60's that you read it?
Dear Kevin:
It might have been in the 70's, but I am not sure. I think I remember that there was a sequel.
Thanks for trying
RG

Back