Your Number One Fan

aww i love this fic so much! they are so cute and have so much in common that they should totally be together!
thanks for the PM :D
cant wait for more :P please update soon :smiley:

I really love this fic! I can't wait for their date.
Hope lauren gets outs of the picture pretty soon, because she is so annoying me!
Anyway, can I get a PM when you update? Thanks! :smiley:

Sorry for the dealy. I was busy the last couple days, but now it's March Break and I'm literally doing nothing (not an understatement) :blink:

Chapter 5

Sydney stood in front of her mirror, examining herself. She had on a Kings jersey (of course), and faded denim jeans. Something was missing, though.

“Nadia!” she called out, finally giving into her last hope.

“Yes?” Nadia said, sticking her head into the room with a smirk. She had obviously anticipated Sydney’s need for assistance.

“I need help. I’m hopeless and pathetic,” Sydney whined.

“You’re not pathetic. You’re just fashioned challenged.”

Sydney mumbled her thanks at her sister in a sarcastic manner, while Nadia started attacking Sydney’s hair with a brush. Sydney just stood there, trusting her sister completely with hair (one of the only things Sydney would ever trust her sister with). After Nadia had finished Sydney’s hair she quickly brushed some makeup across her face. When she was finished she stood back with a grin.

“Okay, there.”

Sydney walked over to her small mirror and once again observed her reflection, and this time felt content with what she saw.

“So, Syd, for this not being a date you’re taking your appearance very seriously.” Nadia handed Sydney her shoes as she said this.

Sydney dismissed the comment, knowing what her sister said was the truth, but she would never admit that. This was not a date. Vaughn had a girlfriend. They were friends, nothing more. They barely knew each other, anyway! Sydney looked over at her clock and saw that Vaughn would be picking her up soon. She ran down the steps two at a time with Nadia right at her heels still questioning Sydney about the status of tonight with Vaughn. Sydney ignored her all the way out to the car where Vaughn was waiting for her. Sydney sighed as she sat down next to him, and rested her head back against the headrest.

“Bad day?” Vaughn asked.

“Sister was driving me insane, but I’m good now.”

Vaughn nodded and pulled out onto the street. They arrived to an already packed arena fifteen minutes later. Vaughn passed Sydney her ticket for admittance. Sydney nearly tripped when she saw the seats that they had.

“Oh my god, Vaughn, have you looked at these tickets?”

Vaughn smiled knowingly. “Yeah, I thought you’d like them.”

After twenty minutes the pair weaved through crowds of people they located their seats right behind the King’s bench.

“I could seriously probably touch their heads.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t do that. We’d probably get kicked out, not to mention people would probably think you’re an absolute psychopath obsessed with heads.”

She laughed at the truth of his words. Sydney and Vaughn talked about the game and the team they loved until it became time for the players to start coming out onto the ice, at which point both Sydney and Vaughn were too excited to keep up a conversation anyway. They both leaned forward in their seats as each player was announced, and clapped their hands enthusiastically like any good fan.

By the end of the first period the score was at 1-1, making the game even more exciting to watch. Both Sydney and Vaughn soon found they had very similar opinions when it came to calls by the refs, and voiced the same comments regarding the players and how they were playing.

“What was that!?” they would both call out together after a King’s player would make a bad play. They would laugh when ever they did this, which was often.

At the signal of the end of the second period, they both got up to go and get some refreshments. The line up was long, but they had both anticipated this and got there fairly quickly; before the majority of the other fans did

They both ordered cokes and shared a bucket of popcorn. They made their way back to the seats after their purchase and discussed the rest of the game. Just before the final period was about to begin Vaughn’s cell phone rang. Sydney heard him sigh, but she didn’t say anything to him about it. He looked longingly at the ice as the puck was dropped.

“I’ve got to take this. I’ll be right back.” Sydney nodded, knowing that it was Lauren on the other end, which only reminded her of the current situation. She sat back in her seat, feeling put down by the thought. Lauren was Vaughn’s girlfriend and she was just a friend; the way it should be. They had only started talking to each other recently, and hadn’t been in communication since they were nine years old. Sydney should have not have been developing any romantic feelings for him after such a short span of time. For some reason she couldn’t help it, though. Her heart never really had a say in her actions until now. She usually let her brain overrule the heart, but something about Vaughn was different. She silently scolded herself. She was just going to have to try harder at thinking as Vaughn as only a friend.

“Sorry about that,” Vaughn said, sitting back down next to Sydney, causing his arm to brush against hers. She felt goose bumps form on her arm.

So much for trying harder, Sydney.

“It’s fine.”

“Anything interesting happen while I was gone?”

“Um, Carolina’s got a man in the box,” Sydney said, referring to a penalty that the opposing team had just taken.

“Good.”

Sydney shook her head at him and continued watching the game. By the last five minutes of the game both Sydney and Vaughn were standing in their seats, urging the Kings to score a goal. The score was still tied at 1-1, and they only had 4 minutes and 47 seconds until the game would go into overtime. While both of them would enjoy the extra five minutes of hockey, they also knew that anymore of the intense action they had been witnessing for the last three periods would probably give one of them a heart attack eventually.

It was down to the last minute and a half, and the captain of the King’s was making his way to the net. Sydney was now jumping up anxiously and Vaughn was shouting out words of encouragement with the rest of the King’s fans (the majority of the arena). He approached the net and missed at first shot, but the puck bounced off the goalie’s pad and one of the players was able to make use of the reflection and put the puck past the goalie. The entire arena erupted in loud cheers, so loud that Sydney could barely hear herself thinking.

The person who occupied the seat next to Sydney was obviously in a rush to get out of the crowded arena before heavy traffic was created outside. He was a larger man, and he attempted to squeeze in front of Sydney to get by, causing her to go falling back. Vaughn caught her around the waist before she could make full contact with the ground, though. He held her in his arms like that for a second. They both stared at each other; not sure what to do about the awkward situation they were both now faced with.

Slowly without thinking about what he was doing, he kissed Sydney. She kissed him back, not using her brain either. They both knew they were burying themselves into a dark hole of regrets, but they couldn’t seem to control their own emotions.

“Vaughn?” Sydney stopped, after she realized that the people around them were starting to disperse.

He looked at her for a second, but then she could instantly see the panic in his eyes. He sat down in his chair. Sydney followed him.

“Vaughn, we can forget about it. Don’t worry. I won’t say a thing,” she told him, trying to stop him from worrying.

He nodded, still not saying a word to Sydney. He stared off to the right with a distant expression on his face. She didn’t know what to make of it. He clearly regretted his actions, but he couldn’t take them back. Not now. She wouldn’t tell him this, but she wouldn’t want to take it back even if it meant things would now be awkward and weird between the two of them.

They made it to Vaughn’s car without a word passed between the two of them, making Sydney feel uncomfortable. She fiddled with her hands and kept giving Vaughn side glances. His face remained static. Not a muscle moved. She didn’t know what she could say to him to make him feel better about the situation, so she remained silent the entire drive to her house; as did he. Sydney started out the window of his car and watched the dark outlines of houses pass her by. It wasn’t just her who had kissed him. They kissed each other! She looked over at him and caught him glancing at her, but when he noticed he immediately returned his attention back to the road in front of him.

She sighed in frustration as he pulled up in front of her house. She unbuckled her seatbelt and he still remained just as silent. She felt anger bumbling up inside her like a volcano ready to erupt.

“You kissed me. I kissed you back. It was both of us! You can’t blame me! This doesn’t solely rest on my shoulders,” she yelled at him.

He turned to look at her and she could see in his eyes the sadness reflecting back at her, which only caused her to become more frustrated and angry with him.

“Are you going to say anything or this is it? Because if I get out of this car without talking about this you can wish away any dreams you had of me ever being your friend…or more than that.”

She waited for a reply, begging him to respond. She didn’t want to do this, but she also knew that she didn’t want to be in the company of someone who was such a coward. She couldn’t be with someone who couldn’t own up to their own actions. That wouldn’t work for her.

He still didn’t say anything to her. She rolled her eyes and threw open the door.

“It was nice seeing you again, Vaughn. Hope your life turns out the way you hoped it would,” she said, her voice dripping of hate and sarcasm.

She stalked up the front porch and into the house, and was immediately greeted by her sister’s obnoxiously large grin.

“So, how did it go with the beautiful boy?” Nadia asked in a sing song voice and dance.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Nadia,” Sydney yelled as she ran up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door shut.

“Apparently not too well,” Nadia mumbled under her breath.

FIRST!?

No, no, no, no, no...so not happening. They need to realize that they're in love with each other...stupid Lauren is in the way...anyways great update. This story def. ranks as one of my favs right now. Thanks for the PM. Looking forward to reading more.

-erin :smiley:

UGH!! Why didn't he say anything!!!!!
-I was all excited...and then it was ruined by silence!!!
He better be planning on dumping Lauren and then going to talk to Syd!!
-Loved it! Update ASAP..Please!!! Thanks for the pm!!!

:blink: And you're stopping there? Why didn't he say anything? OMG.... :thud: I'm dying here...

This chapter was great! (despite the argument) :P

Can't wait for more and thx for the PM :hug: cookie

no! you can't stop there!! why didn't he say anything??
i was so happy that they kissed but then it was ruined...
you must update NOW!
thanks for the pm.

~Kay ^_^

Great update.. Silly Vaughn. He just needs to go break up with Lauren, apologise to Syd and live happily ever after..

Thanks for the PM

ahhh what is vaughn thinking!!!!!
y didnt he say anything!!!
hope he realizes lauren is nothin compared with syd!!!
ahh!!
awesome update
loved it
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more!!!!

I guess Vaughn was overwhelmed buuut Sydney gave him an ultimatum and we all know that when that happens... Vaughn has to at the very least say something.

grrr i know i said i wanted an update but i was expecting fluff
im gonna slap vaughn across the head
my god seriously why didnt he ge after her the nincompoop
grrrr
go after her
grrr how r u gonna fix this???
he better majorily apoigise

That was great ... aww Syd was so exctied to go to the game with him ... ohh he kissed her ... what an a$$ he so sould have said something anything would have done ... poor Syd

Back